Thread: Nintendo 64 Direct Download Links Blocked....Possible Fix?

Thanks

Default Nintendo 64 Direct Download Links Blocked....Possible Fix?

Apparently (from what i can tell) all of the Nintendo 64 ROM links are now blocked. Whenever I click on any of them the website hosting the files gives me this error.
    "Sorry, but crimson.emuparadise.org is blocked on this network. This site was categorized in: Games, P2P/File sharing"
    This does not seem to be just one file but all of them. I have come to this conclusion because of the fact that I have tried to download 10 or more ROMs from the Nintendo 64 section and I always gets this error. Is anyone else having this type of issue? It would seem since the Megaupload incident (when it was shutdown) that there has been a scare throughout websites on the internet. One after another websites have been stopping their Peer 2 Peer option on their websites. Anyways, does anyone else have this error that I mentioned above? Or....is it just me?

Thanks

Dem0n

Thanks
    EP Points

sounds like your network providor has blocked you downloading things from emuparadise have you tried any other roms/isos from this site?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Flam1ng Dem0n View Post
    Apparently (from what i can tell) all of the Nintendo 64 ROM links are now blocked. Whenever I click on any of them the website hosting the files gives me this error.
    "Sorry, but crimson.emuparadise.org is blocked on this network. This site was categorized in: Games, P2P/File sharing"
    This does not seem to be just one file but all of them. I have come to this conclusion because of the fact that I have tried to download 10 or more ROMs from the Nintendo 64 section and I always gets this error. Is anyone else having this type of issue? It would seem since the Megaupload incident (when it was shutdown) that there has been a scare throughout websites on the internet. One after another websites have been stopping their Peer 2 Peer option on their websites. Anyways, does anyone else have this error that I mentioned above? Or....is it just me?

Thanks

Dem0n
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    sounds like your network providor has blocked you downloading things from emuparadise have you tried any other roms/isos from this site?
    Yeah, I strongly suspect that this is an ISP block.
    After all, you're in the US aren't you?

Just like how you probably can't access some file host links......it doesn't mean the file host or the actual links are offline/dead.....you are just blocked from accessing them.

Like Bennieboi said, have you tried any other links that aren't N64?

You could also try to get around the block........but that can't be discussed here

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm in the USA (near Lake Michigan) and I grabbed Ocarina of Time just now, to test the connection. All is well here. Download finished perfectly, average speed was 50kb/s.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

Use hotspot shield and see whether you can download the game.
    If you still cannot, then it is probably isp block. I said that cause hotspot shield using ip from USA.

Thanks
    EP Points

That error message is, as mentioned already, almost certainly an IP block, unless you're trying to download at work or something (in which case the administrator could've blocked it). I've seen similar messages when accessing the Internet away from home.