Thread: IS there a simple way to cheat with PCSX2 0.9.8 r4600

Thanks

Exclamation IS there a simple way to cheat with PCSX2 0.9.8 r4600

Hello everyone,

I can use Cheat Engine easily for the exact match value but it seems to only work for money and on a few rare game for HP, MP, ect... all other attemps have all failed (there's no trick of X variable times 2 + 1 in there i'm pretty sure of this).

And I also can cheat with loading The gameshark 2 v4.ISO I got by loading it first then swap Iso but it's WAAAAYY outdated and dumb thing you can't update it and can't add anycode so if you don't have the game in it it's completly useless. witch for my case IS most of the time.

I did notice the ENABLE CHEATS "square to check" in the System tab (and it IS checked) but what it does is beyond me. I saw some guy's tutorial that talk about loading your game then go back to the CONFIG or MISC tab to acess something there that I don't remember right now but I can assure you it's not there for me. that's why i've been puzzled by this since then (my guess is I miss some whaterver plugin) I think it works with *.PNACH (that shit seemed to work in earlier version but now with this one everything is changed so I don't know anymore what to do.

Can anyone help me in whaterver way they can with whaterver the method that is not made for a performant programmers please ?

Megaverse
    Last edited by Megaverse; 26th-February-2012 at 23:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

The internal cheats function will only work if you have the *.pnach file(for the game you wanted to use the cheats on) stored inside the Cheats folder in PCSX2 directory.
    If nothing is stored, then it will do nothing even if the Cheats was enabled on the System menu.

Also, there are several guides related to pnach over the PCSX2 site, for example like this one, as well this, for user made pnach files.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thank you mega i'll go and try to understand these things In the meantime like I said earlier I just started a new game again in Atelier Iris 2 and I've found the money variable immediatly with Cheat engin 6 but the hp is nowhere to be found ? so if there's a tuto on this too somewhere ...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The use is similar to pec i suppose you search for the exact value but if is similar to ffx cheats is more safe check for values not equal to 0 and then when you fight and your health decrease search using the decrease value

Thanks
    EP Points

If you already own the game, and have all the required codes(which you can get from any cheats site), then you can make it on your own by following the guides I have posted earlier. Not that hard if you read/follow the instructions carefully.
    Sure, I can create one for you, but I'm lacking certain info such as CRCs number, and ID that required to make the pnach file. Also, even if I have those, I still can't confirm whether the cheats will work or not.

OR if you have NTSC-U version of the game, I'd suggest try using Codebreaker v10.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?72113
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?52291

7. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you the second link barely work (it was his damn pasword thingy ...ahhh anyway) with codebreaker it works fine though I think I followed the intructions correctly with the pnach files but when i put it in a CHEATS folder I had to create by the way because it's not there by default then it crashes the program entirely ... here's the info: ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_213.27;1) Game CRC = 0x9AC65D6A, EntryPoint = 0x0010001C

For the crc i did remove the 0x at the start because PCSX2CE.jar would not save the pnach file otherwise and then watching the tutorial files I didn't see anygame that had an ID with ;1 at the end so after a few crashes I removed it but it still crashes. and this is an example of the code I made throught Omniconvert 1.0.3 : patch=1,EE,1ABBBC3E,extended,000003E7 (the only thing I didn't tried is to change the extended to like word short, ect..)

I hope it wasn't that lol.

So in brief here is the whole thing:

gametitle=Atelier Iris 2 Azoth of Destiny.iso [SLUS_213.27] (U)

patch=1,EE,4ABDEB2B,extended,C5038823
    patch=1,EE,0A800E0D,extended,00000000

patch=1,EE,1ABBBC3E,extended,000003E7

patch=1,EE,1A7BBC30,extended,000003E7

Thanks
    EP Points

Here, try this one.
    Note: this is not mine, so I'm unsure whether it will work or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, it did work perfectly from my little test and pretty much all of them at that. Thank you, though, I've checked in it and it's quite different than the tutorials but at least it works. May I know the sources? Is there more like atelier Iris 3 that is not in the codebreaker 10 iso? If not may I ask for it? ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_215.64;1) Game CRC = 0x4CCC9212, EntryPoint = 0x0010001C here's the info but if you don't have time i'll base myself with the other one to try and make one later. I'll still need a place to find the codes but If you don't know exactly where it's ok i'll goggle them later. Again, thank you very much.

Thanks

Just a warning for the Max all items code for Atelier Iris 2 ...IT WILL screw your game. Litterally. Right now I need a pearlBerry to progress in the game and it says I can't carry anymore but Don't have any...thus i'm screwed.
    I'll have to start over or jump to atelier iris 3 witch is a far more possible probability. Anyway Meganova, i'm still waiting for your source so I can warn them about the infamous Max all items code, thank you in advanced.
    Last edited by Megaverse; 29th-February-2012 at 19:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

Here. I doubt anyone will notice about it though, since it was posted years ago and most people use codebreaker for that purpose.

Try disable cheats from System, and load the ingame save.

Thanks

ahh it's ok the save is screwed up I tried a few things but hell it's just a game so no bibby. there's so many games available here or on theisozone.com that I can easily pass to another one for now. Thank you for all your help.