Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSX Datacenter - Contribute

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Post PSX Datacenter - Contribute

CONTRIBUTE

Please post in this thread the contributions that you want to make to the PSX Datacenter.

Remember that we want the project to be as accourate as we can, so if you understand japanese and want to help with the japanese games descriptions or the manufacturer's descriptions of the japanese (usually a translation of the back cover of the game) please help us.

About contributing covers please try to use a good image format (usually jpg or png), if you got a scanner please scan the covers at a resolution of 300 DPI or better and if you scanner got the de-screening option (called destramar in spanish language) please select it, it will remove some useless lines in the image and it will be better quality. If you find them and we don't have any cover or a bad quality one please contribute them anyway, is better to have a bad quality cover that don't have any.

The same for game manuals, please try to scan the manual pages at a 300 dpi or better, please don't use 1:1 format, and if you can try to create a cbr file using the pages that you scanned. For more details please check any of the manuals that are avaliable in the PSX Datacenter.

We need the people contributions to improve the Datacenter.

Thanks for all your help.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gladiator (psx datacenter) For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Since there doesn't seem to be a place for questions about contributing I fugured I'd post this here--but first, a comment--the site [as it stands[moreorless]] could use an overhaul. Both with efficiancy [of loading and fetching] and graphical appeal [looks, layout, appearance, etc.]. Its very 90s esc [?]. Now theres nothing wrong with having a database thats looks as old as the system its for, <I'm not trying to mean, I'm just offering advice--also I know you didn't design the layout> but modernization is the key to staying ahead of the pack. (not to mention the community) I'll go [much] more into depth later if you wish, but for now, its on to my other question.

You said in [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...er-Contribute] "Please post in this thread the contributions that you want to make to the PSX Datacenter."

Did you want potential contributors to dump their contributions straight onto the thread?
    Do you have a template of how things should look when posted?
    Is there anything wrong with using info/cover art/scans,etc. from other sources? [not the contributors]

-I always have questions, just not enough time
    #Archean_0's Uploads [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...0#post1431710] | #Found a ".dlc" file? Open it with [http://jdownloader.org/]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'll try to answer your questions:
    1 - About the site's design: When the project started our site's designer (CRX) never designed a website before so he did what he can with the first design, I had changed the design a little some years ago but since all the site is html coded If I make a big change I'll have to change all the site and I can't do that. Anyway the current design is clean and easy to navigate it works in all the browsers since is html designed and is a free design so I don't have to pay someone to make a new one or update a current one.

The PS1 is grey background since the console was grey, and the future possible PS2 one will be black & blue. Anyway I like the current design.

2 - About contributing:
    - This thread is made to post contributions, so anyone that wants to contribute can post them here.
    - There is no need for a template since the contributions that i want are images, or descriptions of japanese games that doesn't have one or you can improve them, so in the case of descriptions just make a quote and i'll add it to the game entry, that's all.
    - Scanning: Is already answered in the first post of this thread, if you scan them just say that, if you find them and you want to put the source please do it. Anyway I'll check anything that is contributed before decide if it will be added to the site or not (I'll provide the reason in the case that it won't be added).
    _ For non contributions comments you can post them in this thread:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...s-amp-Feedback

I think that all is answered, anymore questions please do it.

Thanks
    EP Points

so you just need CD, manual, and cover art scans then? have you found any scan packs? [they're all over the internet...i probably have some somewhere]
    #Archean_0's Uploads [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...0#post1431710] | #Found a ".dlc" file? Open it with [http://jdownloader.org/]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We are looking for hires scans, we only use low quality when there is no other option, that means that manuals like the ones that are on places like replacementdocs are really low quality scans in most of the cases.

For example the manuals section of the site only has contributed hires manuals.
    The same for game covers if we got hires that are the ones in the game entry, if we only can find watermaked ones that are the ones that are in the entry, but we prefer for sure non watermarked ones.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gladiator (psx datacenter) For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Metal Gear Solid English Manual

I have scanned the English version of Metal Gear Solid manual, but not put it in a cbr file, i hope that is ok

here is the link
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1572618...ear%20Solid.7z

Thanks
    Sunset

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunset For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes, thanks for the manual. I'll crop the images and make the cbr file.
    Hope that it will be online soon (a few weeks).

Thanks

I have a few more manuals to scan in the next couple of weeks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thank you, but please provide me the list first 'cause maybe I already got some of them and i don't want you to waste time scanning them.

Thanks

Excuse me, I'm curious. What is the PSX Datacenter?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Maybe you should check the site...
    http://www.psxdatacenter.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

I got some games i upload everything for (Front, Manual, Back, Case back, CD Inlay if there is one)... I got samurai deeper kyo here and i see you dont have a the cd cover for, i just scanned it in 600DPI. I was going to contribute but it requires a facebook account that i dont wish to sign up for.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To contribute things to the Datacenter you can use Facebook, Twitter, The PSX Datacenter Blog, or just pm me here or posting the image or images (front, back, cd, etc.) in this thread (uploading them in places like imageshack or sort of).

For manuals the same, just use a hoster, upload the manual there and I download it from there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Samurai Deeper Kyo [NTSC-J] [600DPI]

Front, Back and CD
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by xEx0diUsx; 22nd-December-2012 at 03:43.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0-2k11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [600DPI]

Front, Back, Inlay and CD
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0-2k11 For This Useful Post: