Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy. Old or New?

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy. Old or New?

Just a random question playing on mi mind to know other peoples views, But do you prefer the Old Final Fantasy Games or The new?
    To me I honestly prefer Final Fantasy I all the way to IX, from X to current, it just sort've died for me, I lost the 'homely', comfortable Final Fantasy feel I grew up on, Some people feed off the graphics and how rad they've become but personally from the tenth through to recent Final Fantasy the story seems to have lost something valuable, Opinions?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blissxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

The recent modern FF games is all about "identity losing". Why did I say that? If you look at Final Fantasy 13, almost everything about the originality of Final Fantasy concept is gone.
    The gameplay is a bit different, the graphic is improve (but I don't prefer such improvement), the storyline become really dark and suck (no more epic and fun adventure) and so on.
    Just like what you ask, I will say that I love the "OLD" Final Fantasy. That's why I love retro gaming cause they never get old.
    The "OLD" Final Fantasy games such as Final Fantasy IX is amazing and I'm still playing it right now. Good gameplay, beautiful graphic, beautiful scenery, amazing characters, superb storyline, brilliant adventure; you name it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

but FFX isn't that bad (i think) because it still had nobue san as composer & the battle system was overall good. & you are right about old FF games were better.every FF fan has the same opinion. nowdays square just trying to make only garbage.i think they recruited new staffs and many previous FF developers left the square that might be the reason they are making crappy Final Fantasies.my how i loved those FF games and i was like almost into the game playing as hero,going on new adventure and listen to the overworld music!those are great memories i still remember.my personal favorite is FF9.it had the most beautiful overworld scenario and the overworld music was just......i can't explain the feeling.i wish they they could bring our memories back again!

Thanks
    EP Points

Well it depends on what you call "old". To me, old FF is FFI-FFVI, new FF is VII-XIII.

To answer your question, I haven't played much of either new or old FFs, so ¯\(°_o)/¯

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    To answer your question, I haven't played much of either new or old FFs, so ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Then don't bother posting. ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Last edited by Muscab; 21st-February-2012 at 07:39.

Thanks

Agree with you 100%, Currently playing XIII, Lacks the adventure, A gripping story, Lovable Characters and awesome sidequests that I remember from the 'Old' Final. Fantasy's.
    I think nowadays Square is focusing on making it look good more than anything else, possibly trying to attract a new audience more than anything else, which is alright I suppose but where is the Final Fantasy we love?
    I think I'll stick to mi old Final Fantasy's (Especially 9 <3) For as long as square decides to bring back the old feel, Because all I've gotten from X is a more modernised feel, XI I haven't played yet, and XII why do. I get that. Starwars. Kinda feel? Adding the. Fact that the battle system is awful :/ I love the old to and always will ^^

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well it depends on what you call "old". To me, old FF is FFI-FFVI, new FF is VII-XIII.

LOL! if u didn't play FF series why bothering here? man,look at the common sense of people!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fail View Post
    Then don't bother posting. ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Leave gezegond alone as I think he has a very valid point some members/Final Fantasy fans might consider every thing but XIII/2 to be old Final Fantasies
    the OP needs a little clarification on what he means in saying old, (from his post my guess would be FF 1 to FF 9)and new (also guessing 10 thru 13/2)

I myself like the older Final Fantasies with VI that's III here in America being my favorite for the depth of the characters and overall plot development while I enjoyed some of the later games FF VII through IX I realize that IMO only that while seven was a remarkable game that brought the attention of the masses who never knew of rpg's before into the realm of what was possible in these style games it was also the beginning of the end for square.

by this I mean it was in 7 that square started looking at what was possible graphically which wasn't bad in itself,but lead to issues in later games for the long time fans of the series i.e. in 10 the game takes you by the hand you no longer have that open world feel,12 did away with the old battle system etc.
    and I refuse to acknowledge an mmo as a true Final Fantasy series game.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

the world maps are what made final fantasy for me... it does seem a bit dead but i cant give up on the series just yet

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks

I played FF I - XII except XI, IV as it is online and XIII and XIII-2 as it's in PS3 and I don't have a PS3...

Even though the graphics way better than the predecessor, for me the older FF is still better than the newer one...

But that doesn't mean I didn't like the new FF, I just thought that the older is better, especially from the storyline.
    ^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

Thanks
    Blog Entries

it will be better for us gamers if someone kindly remind game companies that graphics isn't the only thing in a game

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tusar View Post
    it will be better for us gamers if someone kindly remind game companies that graphics isn't the only thing in a game
    they recruited new staffs and many previous FF developers left the square that might be the reason they are making crappy Final Fantasies.
    You can remind the new staffs.

Well, in this case, the FF developers probably making FF 13 as a new mark for them. They might trying to suit today gaming "necessity" where graphic is matter.
    Just imagine if those FF developers produce FF 13 with crappy graphic for PS3/X360..
    Not to say that their current graphic is suck but good graphic without good gameplay and storyline is suck. Therefore, the originality of FF is absent.
    They also might want to trigger some kind of "revolution" for a new type of FF; yeh, new graphic, new gameplay, new storyline.. guarghh..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fail View Post
    You can remind the new staffs.

Well, in this case, the FF developers probably making FF 13 as a new mark for them. They might trying to suit today gaming "necessity" where graphic is matter.
    Just imagine if those FF developers produce FF 13 with crappy graphic for PS3/X360..
    Not to say that their current graphic is suck but good graphic without good gameplay and storyline is suck. Therefore, the originality of FF is absent.
    They also might want to trigger some kind of "revolution" for a new type of FF; yeh, new graphic, new gameplay, new storyline.. guarghh..
    hmmm.....you have a point.but what u mean by "revoulution" sounds too complicated for square now. LMAO

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmm.....you have a point.but what u mean by "revoulution" sounds too complicated for square now. LMAO
    They try to creating new type of FF. If you look at the "old" FF games, they have simple turn based system and now with FF 13 it look far different. Apart from 'a far different type of storyline'.

Thanks

I hate to have thee old nostalgia glasses on but I wildy prefer the older ff games
    ff8 got me into rpg's in the first place and ff9 kept me there.
    although ff10 is different from those two, I still consider it one of the older good rpg's.
    IMO it just fell after that and I honest to god hope it picks itself up again.