Thread: PCSX2 help?

Thanks

Default PCSX2 help?

It's not that I really have a problem, but I was wondering if perhaps anyone knew a way to tweak PCSX2 to where it could run 60FPS all the time. I know that it is largely based on your computer's specs, but from what I can tell.. My computer should overkill anything I throw at it. Hell it even runs The Wticher 2 on high. That being said... If you know of a way to allocate RAM or maybe a processor or two to be dedicated to the program while it's running that would be GREAT.

My specs are---

ATI Radeon 6570 (With current drivers)
    8 Gigs of ram
    Windows 7 Home
    AMD phenom x6 1055t (2.8)

If there's anything else you need to know.. Or anything just post it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I get 60FPS most of the time on most games, but there is some slowdown (About a 20FPS drop) on some things. Just looking to minimize that as much as possible.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hm? your specs is a bit the different than the last one. Copy everything from the console window, and paste it here.

Thanks

Ah yeah, Last time I was going off memory. Those are my actual specs. I looked it up to make sure this time.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...e/Capture2.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/.../Capture-1.jpg
    Last edited by Stoneskinsnake; 21st-February-2012 at 01:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah okay. What games have you tried? Your GPU is no problem, except for the CPU.
    Since 2.8 still considered as average when emulating on PCSX2, try Speedhacks(EE Cyclerate to 3)+GSdx Native+D3D10/11(hardware).
    Also, overclocking is needed if you want more speed boost, but that doesn't mean full speed at all times..

Tried using the latest SVN yet?

and still, I need your PCSX2 logs.

Thanks

lol.. I'll be honest when I say I don't know what you mean by the PCSX2 logs. I thought I passed them to you on my other post, but still.. Mind pointing me to what exactly you mean? I'm going to get the latest SVN right now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneskinsnake View Post
    lol.. I'll be honest when I say I don't know what you mean by the PCSX2 logs. I thought I passed them to you on my other post, but still.. Mind pointing me to what exactly you mean? I'm going to get the latest SVN right now.
    this is what he means by the PCSX2 logs on the picture I have it also shows you what to check to get it to show up,but instead of you just uploading an image like I did, it would probably be better for you to go to log save and upload as an attachment.Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  99.4 KB

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Hahahahah! Wow! The latest SVN Sped everything up so much that I can play games that I couldn't stand. (Namely MGS3) Because the framerate was so low. Great idea, thanks alot. It even cut the annoying Frame stuttering (40-60) and now it just runs at a smooth 60 the whole time. I really owe you one.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/.../Capture-2.jpg
    Last edited by Stoneskinsnake; 21st-February-2012 at 10:17.