Thread: Kingdom Hearts BBS Help!? (JPSCP ON PC)

Thanks

Question Kingdom Hearts BBS Help!? (JPSCP ON PC)

This is my first post, so please gods forgive me...

I'm currently trying to run Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on my (JPSCP v0.6 Build 2457) on my Dell Xps Laptop.
    I know, and have been told that it might now work, which is why Ive been searching 3 days straight for a way to run this game and prove people wrong. I obtained the latest JPSCP build from the automated build site http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

From there I found a tutorial on how to set it up from Gare http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ted-with-JPCSP

Once I had all my configurations in order it finally ran. It accessed the mem stick, and went through the opening credits. I get to the main menu and create a new game, it actually goes though the beginning clips. I believe it's when the actual gameplay starts, (my CPU hits like 27-30%) that it crashes. I just can't figure out why. I'm running about 50 fps when it happens.

I don't want to be shrugged off by people telling my my computer can't handle it, because it handles every other Emulator (PS, PS2, Gamecube, SNES, GBA, NDS, N64, and Dreamcast, ALL of which I got from Emuparadise perfectly). I would really just like to know whats going on, I'm just looking for an answer.

If anybody's got one, Ill be happy to hear it!
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

System Specs
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Direct X 11

Thanks
    EP Points

Try running the game with default settings.

Also, skip the beginning clips(Start button?) the moment you start a new game.
    and make sure to try previous version as well, if you still can't run it correctly.

Thanks

Okay, so I tried running it with default settings, and I got this problem at the main video sequence. As you can see, my CPU was at 30%, and my framerate was at 14 FPS.

When I configure it to the setting of the Tut, I check the "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory". Once I do that, it runs at about 100-90 FPS. Its a drastic improvement, and as you can see my CPU was still running at 30%. (I also check the "ignore invalid mem access", "use media engine", "extract media files to tmp folder", and "decode with sonic stage" which I have, but am not sure how it works with JPSCP...)

I do skip all the movies, but I believe its right when the gameplay starts that it crashes. Just up an quits. I've tried it on the previous versions from the JPCSP website, but not automated builds. I don't know if this build just doesn't accept it, or what. I'm at a loss..

System Specs
    Direct X 11

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by murderizzle View Post
    Okay, so I tried running it with default settings, and I got this problem at the main video sequence. As you can see, my CPU was at 30%, and my framerate was at 14 FPS.
    That's normal, since "Use Media Engine" option(needed for video decoding) was disabled at default.

When I configure it to the setting of the Tut, I check the "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory". Once I do that, it runs at about 100-90 FPS. Its a drastic improvement, and as you can see my CPU was still running at 30%. (I also check the "ignore invalid mem access", "use media engine", "extract media files to tmp folder", and "decode with sonic stage" which I have, but am not sure how it works with JPSCP...)
    I'm quite unsure why the game crashed when the actual gameplay start (didn't happen for me though, with or without using the said configuration), however "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" was known to cause problem(in term of game compatibility) but in return with some speed boost, which depends on the CPU you have.

Run with default settings first, see if that can produce the same problem.

I do skip all the movies, but I believe its right when the gameplay starts that it crashes. Just up an quits. I've tried it on the previous versions from the JPCSP website, but not automated builds. I don't know if this build just doesn't accept it, or what. I'm at a loss..
    Try the previous version from automated builds, r2444, r2450 or something.

Thanks

Alright. I'll give it a try. I read that the r1975 build had a fix just for KHBBS. But once I got a hold of it, and loaded my umd, it said it was encrypted and needed to be decrypted on a PSP. Since then, I haven't touched that build.

But I'll defiantly try the default settings, and see if I can get the same repercussion.

If that doesn't solve it, I'll grab those previous builds.

----
    Sorry I haven't been on here, I was taking care of family issues.

I happened to grab both builds you suggested, but to no avail I had the same problems as before. I would start the game up, and when it came to the first part of the game play, It crashed with the windows error message saying "Java SE has stopped working"

It's beyond my intellect to get it running.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the problem stems from my iso. I think I am going to get a new one, and go from there..
    Last edited by meganova; 28th-February-2012 at 05:03.

System Specs
    Direct X 11