Thread: Persona 4 Iso Help, and Pscx2 0.9.8

Thanks

Default Persona 4 Iso Help, and Pscx2 0.9.8

Pretty much the game freezes at this scene, but it works fine up until then.
    This is the scene where the girls are just about to prepare for their part of the beauty pageant

I tried this on 2 iso's. A regular NTSC U iso and an undubbed version.
    Are they just bad iso's? If so where can I find a good one, has anyone had this same problem or witnessed others facing the same problem?
    Could it be the emulator also.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably bad iso's like what you said.
    Or your plugin configuration got something wrong.
    My suggestion is that you should use the latest SVN version of PCSX2. I believe they have fixed Persona 4 Freeze Issue.
    Apart from that, you might wanna try the latest PS2's Bios coz what you're currently use based on the screenshot, you got 2002 version of PS2's Bios. Don't know whether changing the Bios will fix the problem but I usually use the latest PS2's Bios for PCSX2 and I got zero problem with any games that I played.

Thanks

Can I get a link to download these latest plugins
    Last edited by Kloanoa; 14th-February-2012 at 11:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kloanoa View Post
    Can I get a link to download these latest bios?
    Don't know if I'm allowed to post other sites link. Googling is your best partner.
    Btw, before you go to that extent, have you try the latest SVN version?
    http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ind...rm=windows-x86

Thanks

I'm trying the latest SVN version from the official developers right now.
    I'll get back to you guys and let you know if the problem is fixed. If it isn't I imagine its just a bad iso.

Oh wait...how do I switch the save file from the other emulator build to this one?

alright, the scene is working now.
    everything is fine.
    I guess it was a flaw in the emulation, and probably something to do with outdated pulgins.
    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUY!
    I LOVE YOU!
    Last edited by meganova; 14th-February-2012 at 11:43. Reason: triple post merge :0

Thanks
    EP Points

Nothing wrong with the BIOS, in fact, the emulator will run just fine regardless of which BIOS version you use.

Copy the memory card files (Mcd001.ps2/Mcd002.ps2) from the old memcard folder to the latest emulator's memcard folder.
    Or run the latest PCSX2, go to Config -> Memory Card and reconfigure the file path to your old memcard folder.

Oh by the way, you can't transfer/use previous savestates.

Also, if the freeze happen just after you use savestates(or whenever you use it), load the actual save file and go through the scene again(without using savestates).

EDIT:
    Oh, looks like that fixed it.