Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ePSXe 1.7.0 vs Toshiba Satellite

Thanks
    EP Points

I know I have the cd driver configured to read the same letter as daemon tools where I have the cue file mounted, and i do not have sub channel reading enabled. I have tried leaving it on the black screen for about 2 minutes before with no luck, I will leave it running now for a while, give it about 5 and see if it works. I have my doubts though. I just wonder if maybe I am using the wrong plugins for my hardware to read it as a cdrom or maybe if I missed a step somewhere.

Thanks
    EP Points

By the way, your OS? BIOS?
    Oh, and try using another emulator, like PSXfin, see if that produce the same result.

The game should run just fine, if you really have done everything right...
    e.g mount FF8 disc 1 on drive E, set the same drive letter on plugin, and run the game with Run CDROM option.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol sorry, my os is windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and my bios are scph1001.bin. I have done the mounting with drive E as the same drive letter on plugin, and run CDROM just gives me the black screen. I gave it about 15 minutes to boot, nothing.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Same OS as myself and same plugin for CD

D-Tools Lite latest ver. with SPDT enabled

Only difference is it works for me and not for you

Only thing I can recomend at this stage is go for an uninstall and reinstall again of D-Tools lite, remembering to restart after you uninstall and restart after you re-install, to make sure everything installs correctly also double check the drive leter as this may change on re-install
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-February-2012 at 19:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I have done exactly that and still the same results. I've given up on this point at getting run CDROM to work, I'm just going to run Iso and hope that using 1.6 for the multi cd games that will not allow saving at the disc swap like the ff games will work for me. thank you all for your help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Give me your current setup for all plugins and I will do a bit of testing later for you in the hope to get you going later, there is no rush though by the sounds of it.

This gives me plenty of time to play round.

By the way what CD burning software have you currently got installed? or any other CD software, there could well be a conflicting program installed

Already know the Vid and CD plugin setup, so just sound needed

but a copy and paste of it all together would be nice

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

1, if your ePSXe folder was in C:/, move it somewhere else eg: Dekstop, My Document or to another hdd or partitions.
    2, try running the application with Administration Rights.
    3, uninstall your DT, download the latest one, install it again with STPD checked.
    4, switch to Pete's CDR ASPI(or Peops), with Interface set to IOCTL scsi, Drive set to where the disc was mounted to, and Read Mode to any(try BE_2).

If none worked, then your best bet is to use Run ISO instead. Wait, have you try using another emulator ^?

Thanks
    EP Points

yes, I already have my video configuration posted, as well as my hardware. I do not have any other cd software installed other than daemon tools light, and my sound plugin is the standard one that automatically comes with epsxe, nothing changed there. I do not know how to do a copy and past for the cd and sound plugin, sorry about that. I do not think there is any more information that I could provide, I have everything listed throughout this thread for my system os, hardware, and settings and softwares as well as my emulator plugins and configurations. to bring it all together though:
    Toshiba satellite laptop/OS windows 7 home premium 64 bit (if I listed ultimate last time, my mistake, sorry about that)
    Quad core pentium i7 cpu 2.20 ghz
    6 gigs RAM
    Nvidia geforce 540m with 1 gig dedicated memory
    my video plugin is:
    Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    GFX card: GeForce GT 540M/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
    - 640x480 Window mode
    - Internal X resolution: 1
    - Internal Y resolution: 1
    - Keep psx aspect ratio: on
    - No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 4
    - Hi-Res textures: 0
    - TexWin pixel shader: off
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 1
    - Framebuffer effects: 3
    - Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Mdec filter: on
    - Screen filtering: off
    - Shader effects: 0/1
    - Flicker-fix border size: 0
    - GF4/XP crash fix: off
    - Game fixes: on [00000002]

sound plugin is:
    ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0
    sound enabled.

Cdrom plugin is:
    ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

drive letter is set to E.

Daemon tools lite is set to Drive E.

bios are scph1001.bin.

I think that's all.

Question; do you think that maybe getting P. E. Op. S. CDR Driver 1.4 configured and using that instead might solve the problem? I do not know how to configure it properly, or else I would have tested it already.

anyway, I hope I have provided all necessary information. Thank you Zorlon! If you figure anything out that would be awesome, and well appreciated! ^__^

oh and one more thing, I tried setting up peops like you recommended meganova, but I cannot set my drive letter to the same as daemon tools. it only gives me drive D. is that the way it should be?
    Last edited by meganova; 14th-February-2012 at 00:08. Reason: double post merge

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope, it need to be same with Daemon Tools.

For example,
    Name:  c2.png
Views: 168
Size:  3.8 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c1.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	29704

Do remember, if you try to run any copy protected games, you need to patch it first before running it on ePSXe.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Do remember, if you try to run any copy protected games, you need to patch it first before running it on ePSXe.
    Or put the patch in the 'patches' folder.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

ok, now I have a new problem. even though I have uninstalled daemon tools lite, rebooted my pc, installed a fresh copy of daemon tools light, newest version, with all boxes checked, rebooted my pc again, I cannot get a drive letter other than my hardware (D). the lowest virtual drive letter for the virtual drive that I am running with daemon tools light is E, and when I try to change the drive letter in the cd driver configuration for epsxe it does not give me a drive letter other than D. anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deathneko11 View Post
    lol sorry, my os is windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and my bios are scph1001.bin. I have done the mounting with drive E as the same drive letter on plugin, and run CDROM just gives me the black screen. I gave it about 15 minutes to boot, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathneko11 View Post
    I used ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0. It is set to Drive I, which is the same letter that daemon tools is set to. I can run from iso to run the game but some downloads do not give an iso as is the case with the FF8 download I pulled from a mirror link for final fantasy VIII (E) disc 1. even if i can run all games from Iso I would still like to get it working to run CDROM so that I will not have the bug for switching between game discs that 1.7.0 presents when switching iso discs.
    You're using a (E)urope ISO with a scph1001.bin which is USA BIOS. Find a compatible ISO or the appropriate BIOS for your ISO. I think going into ePSXe Config menu, and selecting wizard, you should be able to find which BIOS you need.

This is a download with all the BIOS files and plugins you will ever need.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 14th-February-2012 at 01:46.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

i did try with the europe version first, yes, but then I switched to the ntsc-u version which is usa right? I know for a fact that on my old system, the same bios with ntscu ff games worked without the issue i'm having now on my new system.

Thanks
    EP Points

yes ntsc-u is USA.
    after uninstalling some programs they still leave traces behind in the registry.
    this could explain why it is only looking for drive the registry probably has an entry in it telling it that drive d is what to search for.
    I wouldn't know what registry entries to tell you to delete manually after uninstalling daemon tools but there is a program called ccleaner that has an automatic registry cleaner built in you could give it a try.

to do so you would uninstall daemon tools restart run ccleaner reinstall daemon tools then restart again.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

What about advanced systemcare? it's a general pc cleaner and I trust it, it does have a registry cleaner in it.