Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY COMPUTER TURNS ON BUT IT DISPLAYS ONLY BLACK

Thanks
    EP Points

no but it does sound rather alot like a problem i had a while back, my screen would intermitidly turn off sometimes it would work for a good few hours and sometimes upon booting it would get to my AMD splashscreen and then turn off, a good way to test if it is failing is to shine a bright light on the monitor, that will then show you if the monitor is actually on and the backlight has failed even a mobile phone will be sufficent to see if it is this problem
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah forgot to mention that earlier because my laptop screen has no backlight it would come on but would not show anything for some strange reason I think I was checking to see if my girlfriend had spilled anything on the computer or done anything to it I had a flashlight and that's when I noticed it was the backlight...

but it is all good cause that's how I convinced my girlfriend I really needed a 24" led moniter.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah forgot to mention that earlier because my laptop screen has no backlight it would come on but would not show anything for some strange reason I think I was checking to see if my girlfriend had spilled anything on the computer or done anything to it I had a flashlight and that's when I noticed it was the backlight...

but it is all good cause that's how I convinced my girlfriend I really needed a 24" led moniter.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    Benniboi while it may be true that his backlight may be in the process of failing the above quote proves it is not completely gone yet.
    The monitor's light is only orange and

What is backlight??

Thanks
    EP Points

ok im going to ask a really simple question then, you know the cable you plug in from your monitor to the tower? are you using the top blue port or the bottom blue port? if your using the top try the bottom if your using the bottom try the top.

the backlight is what makes your monitor light up and display everything without it you would get a black screen but your saying that the light is orange it means that it is not a backlight problem
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi debug. Please explain exactly what happens when you turn on your computer. If everything is okay, you should hear a single beep coming from your computer case. Not from your speakers, it would come from computer's case. Do you hear the beep? If yes, then the problem is with your monitor. If no, the problem is with your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by debug View Post
    IT ONLY DISPLAY INTEL(Our computer is INTEL pentium 4 2.66 ghz,256RAM,and my new video card is Geforce 6200 128mb 64bit) and it does not progress.So i try to restart my pc then the same IT ONLY DISPLAY INTEL.And when we turn it off,because i try to reseat the ram.Then i turn it on,AND THE BLACK SCREEN PROBLEM HAPPEN AGAIN.
    Did it get stuck at the Intel screen or did the monitor turn black? (before restarting your computer). If it was stuck at the Intel page, there's nothing wrong with your monitor.

If you have made sure the problem is with your computer, open it up, disconnect everything except CPU and RAM. turn the computer on and see if you hear the single beep.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I found out that the PSU had the problem....
    And now im enjoying my computer..

THANKS TO ALL GUYS!!