Thread: final fantasy legend 3 issue

Thanks
    EP Points

Default final fantasy legend 3 issue

Well first off, let me say that i'm running the game on visual boy advance 1.7.1. The issue i've noticed is that when equipping/unequipping weapons there is no stat change at all. Other equipment like armor helms etc, all show a visible stat change when equipped/unequipped. What i'm wondering is, is this the result of a bad rom? Or is it something else pherhaps? I've tried switching to VBA-M, and notice the same issue. I find myself wondering if its a glitch that is just normally present in the game or something else.

Thanks
    EP Points

Never have that problem though, have you try it on the more recent version of VBA?

Thanks
    EP Points

yes i've tried with VBA-M r1088(latest i can find) and I still run into not seeing any stat changes when equipping/unequipping weapons.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can you post your save file here?

Thanks
    EP Points

err, i dont know how to do that. In any case while waiting, i've tried downloading a new copy of the game (from the main site) and starting a fresh save on it. I still end up seeing no stat change from equipping or unequipping weapons. Armors helmets etc etc and accessorys all however show a visible change. Weapons are the only slot to not show any change whatsoever whether it has a weapon or no weapon in it.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 8th-February-2012 at 18:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm... The only thing I can think of is to use a later version of the original VBA (1.8.3/1.8.0 beta3), instead of one of the forked projects.

To post your save file, just find the Final Fantasy Legend 3.sav file, then when you make your new post click Go Advanced ---> Manage Attachments ---> Add Files ---> Select Files and then navigate to your save file.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 10th-February-2012 at 06:38.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmn last i was aware work was stopped on VBA, though VBA-M was still being worked on. Guess i just dont keep up to date on news well enough . Have a link to the new version(s) of VBA for me? Oh and here is that save file you wanted Final Fantasy Legend III (USA).zip. It is the one i mentioned creating above, with the freshly downloaded rom off the main site.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I've tried running the game on all VBA version(along with your save file), so far no changes to the attack stat when equipping/unequipping any weapons.
    but I'm assuming that's how it is, where all weapons has its own weapon points/damage or properties, which are not visible(refer to this list), and the attack stats might only change if your characters have leveled up.

I doubt this is a glitch or emulator/rom related issue, since no one has reported anything wrong with it, and most of them able to finish it on VBA, as well on older GB emulators.

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmn guess i'll just have to constantly consult that list, when looking to buy new weapons then.