Thread: M.A.M.E 144 How do i set video category 1 with the default user interface?

Thanks

Default M.A.M.E 144 How do i set video category 1 with the default user interface?

Hi i've been playing m.a.m.e 144 the version of emuparadise and i don't know how to turn on triple buffer to avoid screen tearing or set to video category 1 wich is: -video d3d -noswitchres [-triplebuffer] [-nofilter]

I know that it's necessary the mame.ini to permanently keep this setting but i don't know how to create this file, i have the 64 bit version with the default user interface
    all help is appreciated.
    Last edited by bloodysunday; 2nd-February-2012 at 04:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

For the dos based version type
    mame -cc
    or
    mame -createconfig
    it create the default mame.ini file, open with a text editor (like notepad), then search the file for triplebuffer/nofilter/d3d etc and change value to: (0 disabled, 1 enabled)

For Mameui32/64 go to options/default game options and enable/disable the options you like (it create mame.ini inside Ini\ directory)

Thanks

Hi im using the standard interface for the 144 version, the one that goes full screen when you run the .exe and displays a list of the roms inside a blue table with white fonts, it only allows me to configure general inputs. How can i create a .ini file with this version?
    Last edited by bloodysunday; 2nd-February-2012 at 21:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's the dos version! Open a command prompt (type CMD or search inside the start menu/accessories/command prompt) then type
    cd <mamedir> (like cd c:\emulator\mame)
    then mame -cc
    Or go inside mame dir, create a new text file (example.txt)
    with this text: mame -cc
    close and save. Rename to .bat (example.txt become example.bat)
    double click on it, it run mame, exit and you got your ini file!

If it's so difficult for you: go to http://www.mameui.info/ and download the mame with a graphic interface, easy to configure (after you change any option it create the ini file)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WitchHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nice!!! many thanks im gonna try this and report back.

Thanks

I just had to find the mame64 directory and then in cmd it was mame64 instead of mame only, but i figured that part myself and the command worked.
    THANKS a lot