Thread: pcsx2 will it run on my machine and more importantly how well

Thanks

Default pcsx2 will it run on my machine and more importantly how well

Well recently got a new laptop and want to know how well it will run Pcsx2.

The Spec:
    Processor: i5-2430M 2.4GHz
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 540M 2 GB
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    750 GB HDD

Thanks and how hard is it to configure compared to say epsxe?

Thanks
    EP Points

I have tried a sucker spec than this one before in a laptop with an intel graphic card and dual core. I tweak the configuration a bit. And I can play games like FF X in smooth speed and FF XII with a decent speed (lagg will happen when many things in a place). But I still okay with it.
    In this case, you have Nvidia and i5 processor, it should be okay. Not 100% smooth speed cause the emulator itself is ain't perfect but in your case I believe you will satisfied with the speed.

Thanks
    EP Points

The best way to find out how well an emulator would run on your machine, is to download the emulator and try it out yourself.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

He should be ok,.. my pc is super old (intel core 2 duo with a NvidiA gtx 260 4gb ram ddr3 w7 ulti.64bits) and ima run games like Destrudo`s undub ISOs like Persona 3 FES ,4,Stella Deus,FFX-XII etc,.. I think the -stress test- would be with Silmeria . I`ve been trying to run this game but i really can`t,.. my specs are too low. So Mr. Incubusking,if you like rpgs and manage to run that game with decent speed/frames, plz let me know. thx in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    He should be ok,.. my pc is super old (intel core 2 duo with a NvidiA gtx 260 4gb ram ddr3 w7 ulti.64bits) and ima run games like Destrudo`s undub ISOs like Persona 3 FES ,4,Stella Deus,FFX-XII etc,.. I think the -stress test- would be with Silmeria . I`ve been trying to run this game but i really can`t,.. my specs are too low. So Mr. Incubusking,if you like rpgs and manage to run that game with decent speed/frames, plz let me know. thx in advance.
    I wouldn't consider that "super old" at all. Maybe a little outdated; but definitely adequate enough for daily use for another 10 years.

Thanks
    EP Points

Agreed.

To OP, your specs is okay, meaning you can run any games but of course not at the stable speed, though you may need to use Speedhacks most of the time.

Thanks
    EP Points

I`m using speedhacks,that`s true,and yes,i have inconstant frames sometimes (happens when Yuna summons Shiva in FFX for example, the transparency or chrome effect kill mah frames lol).. I don`t wanna steal Incubusking`s thread so my question is: in order to play games like Silmeria or Shadow of the Colossus at decent frames and native res x3 what would you recommend?, incubusking`s i5 is enough? and lets say,.. a gtx 550ti? and the amd counterpart would be like,.. amd phenom II x6 and ati 6950 and more ddr3 ram ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    I`m using speedhacks,that`s true,and yes,i have inconstant frames sometimes (happens when Yuna summons Shiva in FFX for example, the transparency or chrome effect kill mah frames lol).. I don`t wanna steal Incubusking`s thread so my question is: in order to play games like Silmeria or Shadow of the Colossus at decent frames and native res x3 what would you recommend?, incubusking`s i5 is enough? and lets say,.. a gtx 550ti? and the amd counterpart would be like,.. amd phenom II x6 and ati 6950 and more ddr3 ram ?
    What i5 do you have? If you've got 4 core i5, Use Multi-Threaded microVU1 to get about 10~45% speedup.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

No no , not me,.. i wish! ,. i mean the minimun hardware requeriment(processor,ram and video card) to run those games i mentioned before ( Valkyrie 2 Silmeria & Shadow of the Colossus) of course i don`t mind using speedhacks and super vu in legacy lool!. ty in advance. I can`t use the Multi-Threaded microVU1 cose my processor is an intel core2 duo(E-6600).
    Last edited by Izuna; 9th-February-2012 at 07:55. Reason: Didn`t understand Geze`s comment until now ><

Thanks

i have a Toshiba satellite/satellite Pro C650 Series with its original components
    The Spec:
    Processor: AMD E-350 1.60GHz
    RAM: 3GB

i tried the PCSX2 0.9.8 version and it works really slow... i tried using the speedhacks and went good but the problem is the animation ( what i mean is that when characters speak in "what you call that movie like part of the game (sorry i forget what its called)" they tend to speak in really slow manner....kind like they are in the contest of "who's really slow in speaking contest".. i also tried the 0.9.6 version and 2 warnings always pops out,,,,, first at the configure: "Could Not Load GS plugins 'plugins':< NULL> " pops out after pressing Ok and trying to start the pcs2 with my games mounted.... another error pops out "MemoryCard From file:memcards\Mcd001,ps2" plz could someone help me on this i really like to play the emu....since i didnt get a Ps2 console when i was in college...plz..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try to use the new builds you can try 4891 beta (http://www.emucr.com/2011/08/pcsx2-svn-r4894.html) or the latest ones r5100s betas (you can download the lates here )http://pcsx2.net/svn.php use the spu2x in async for audio and what game are you trying to play there are games that can't use vucycle stealing at all

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Julbreaizar Halil View Post
    i have a Toshiba satellite/satellite Pro C650 Series with its original components
    The Spec:
    Processor: AMD E-350 1.60GHz
    RAM: 3GB

i tried the PCSX2 0.9.8 version and it works really slow... i tried using the speedhacks and went good but the problem is the animation ( what i mean is that when characters speak in "what you call that movie like part of the game (sorry i forget what its called)" they tend to speak in really slow manner....kind like they are in the contest of "who's really slow in speaking contest".. i also tried the 0.9.6 version and 2 warnings always pops out,,,,, first at the configure: "Could Not Load GS plugins 'plugins':< NULL> " pops out after pressing Ok and trying to start the pcs2 with my games mounted.... another error pops out "MemoryCard From file:memcards\Mcd001,ps2" plz could someone help me on this i really like to play the emu....since i didnt get a Ps2 console when i was in college...plz..
    The reason why the emulator running really slow is because of your specs, 1.60 is way beyond the minimum requirement,
    since you need to have at least 2.6 and above to be able to run the emulator at 40+ fps(on most games), plus with a decent graphic card.

Slowdown during the FMV/scene/"what you call that movie like part of the game" is also normal, especially on your specs,
    and you won't be able to fix it by using any means(Speedhacks, etc), as they tend to happen frequently, and can be even worst for some games. Unless it was a graphical/audio issues.

You shouldn't have to switch to older builds, since 0.9.8 has been optimized, so are the latest SVN builds.
    Try using the basic settings: set the GSdx to Native resolution, use Hardware mode, and D3D 11 or 10.
    Then on Speedhacks, set the EE Cyclerate to 3, and VU Cycle Stealing to 1.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

tnx bro.. i already did all what you say but it's still the same..i guess i have to give up then.... i'll just stick to pcsx.... maybe it's really not for me... anyways thanks for the time helping me.... i guess playing final fantasy X, X-2 and X11 will remain a dream..

Thanks

Holla y'all : ]

So, 'cuz i dont wanna open a new Thread i juz' goin' to post here ^^

See, I get it all wrong or miss something, but i tried pcsx2 wit this one:

Intel Pentium 4
    3 GHz
    1,50 GB RAM
    Windows XP (32, i guess?)
    ATi Radeon 9800 XT

----> FFX New Game Intro: 25 fpa. suprise suprise! Same as Ingame.
    I tried to change plugins and all that. Pointless.

I really dont know a lot 'bout Hardware and all that... anyways, i understand:

1.60 is way beyond the minimum requirement,
    since you need to have at least 2.6
    so, my 1.50 GB RAM is a joke Im sure, my graphic card is crap as well
    A Friend of mine told me today, the only way to make it playable is to get a complete new Machine... that means ~ 600 €

But, how 'bout adding some RAM to my system??? Wont that get the job done?

AND

Lets say, i hit the 2.60 GHz RAM - do i still need a new Graphic Card?

Before i spend 600 E'z for emulate FFX im gonna buy a PS2 for like 60 Bucks

Thx
    Much Luv

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Truth View Post
    But, how 'bout adding some RAM to my system??? Wont that get the job done?
    No, the emulator uses more resources from CPU and GPU, adding more RAM doesn't give much changes.

Lets say, i hit the 2.60 GHz RAM - do i still need a new Graphic Card?
    Yes, I'd advise you to get a new one, since your current graphic card is too old for PCSX2, which can lead to slowdown for certain games, especially those that require good graphic card.

Before i spend 600 E'z for emulate FFX im gonna buy a PS2 for like 60 Bucks
    That definitely a good choice.
    Last edited by meganova; 4th-March-2012 at 00:20.