Thread: DAEMON TOOLS ERROR

Thanks

Default DAEMON TOOLS ERROR

I usually figure out things independently, but I must say this emulation realm is tough. But anyway, I am running Windows 7, and I'm using the ePSXe emulator. It runs good, but the sound cracks off and on. I've heard Daemon Tools will help that issue, so I mounted my .ccd file to my virtual drive, then I selected the virtual drive from the cdrom menu in ePSXe, and I get a black screen. It doesn't play it all.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Thanks
    EP Points

when you insalled daemon tools did you install the spdt for advanced emulation option if not you will need to reinstall and make sure that is checked for daemon tools to work properly with epsxe.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

I just got it going. I used the SCSI drive and not the DT drive. I ran it in ePSXe and no sound at all. But that was happening earlier today without Daemon tools. I ran PCSX instead, because in the coding it says it reads SCSI, ran it, the audio and video were there, video is fine. However, it didn't solve my problem, because the audio is still bad, if not worse. I got everything going, just the sound is what is biting my head off. Oh by the way, I'm using the eternalspu plugin.

Thanks
    EP Points

Which game? emulator version? plugins?

Have you try using pSX(psxfin)?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Meganova. No I haven't tried that one. I'm gonna try it after I finish this post.

PCSXR 1.1 emulator

Plugins
    Pete's D3D 1.76 Video
    Eternal SPU 1.10 Audio

Now i've noticed my n64 emulator has sound issues as well. Both emulators work well with my video, I have an nvidia geoforce 430 graphics card. I've played Microsoft Halo, Unreal Tournament, etc smoothly off this card, so I'm pretty positive it's not my graphics card. I'm running Windows 7 and I'm suspecting an out of date sound driver possibly. Something is going on with the sound. Pretty strange because I haven't had sound issues in the past..the sound plugins are a big pain as well. Very few work and when they do work, it gets off course with the video and also pops in and out very quickly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cabo12 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Meganova. No I haven't tried that one. I'm gonna try it after I finish this post.

Now i've noticed my n64 emulator has sound issues as well. Both emulators work well with my video, I have an nvidia geoforce 430 graphics card. I've played Microsoft Halo, Unreal Tournament, etc smoothly off this card, so I'm pretty positive it's not my graphics card.
    while I agree it's most likely not your graphics card the games you listed that you tried is not a tell all of the performance you will get while emulating this applies more to the cpu then the graphics card but with emulation since you are using software to emulate hardware i.e. the emulator as a playstation plus running the backup copy of your game i.e. .iso .bin .img it will take considerably more system resources than say just popping in a computer game (of course based on the system you are emulating and the computer game you are comparing it to) a couple of examples is my computer can play fable 3 oblivion stuff like that fine but struggles with PS2 emulation but still using the ps2 even though my computer struggles it will still play with some lag but I can't run skyrim at all.

I guess the point of all that was to say that it will take more for your computer to emulate a system then the real system (playstation) you are trying to emulate takes.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Good point. That explains a lot. It's using a lot more in order to emulate a game.

Meganova my hat is off to you, the PSXFIN runs PERFECTLY. The sound and video is superb. Now, with that being said, there has to be an N64 emulator that'll perform perfectly like PSXFIN...
    Last edited by meganova; 4th-February-2012 at 09:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cabo12 View Post
    Good point. That explains a lot. It's using a lot more in order to emulate a game.

Meganova my hat is off to you, the PSXFIN runs PERFECTLY. The sound and video is superb. Now, with that being said, there has to be an N64 emulator that'll perform perfectly like PSXFIN...
    Well, glad that worked out.

Project64 is the most recommended emulator when emulating N64 games, but if you're having problem with, please post the game you're trying to play, emulator version, plugins settings, etc.