Thread: GBA on PSP2000 Help

Thanks

Question GBA on PSP2000 Help

I apologize if you guys already have a guide for this, but I have to rush since I am on a friend's computer. I need to know exactly how to put a GBA emulator on a PSP 2000 whether or not I can play GB and GBC games on it as well. I also need to know the consequences if I fail to place the emulator on the PSP properly. If you could, please just give me a link to the best guides you know.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by XularusXIII View Post
    I need to know exactly how to put a GBA emulator on a PSP 2000 whether or not I can play GB and GBC games on it as well.
    Assuming you already have CFW installed, any homebrews(whether it was signed or not) need to be placed in /PSP/GAME folder, and that include emulators as well.

gpSP can only run GBA games, in order to play GBA/GBC games on your PSP, you need to use EmuMaster.

I also need to know the consequences if I fail to place the emulator on the PSP properly. If you could, please just give me a link to the best guides you know.
    Well, the emulator won't appear on your PSP if you place it in the wrong folder. That's all.

Thanks

Okay, where can I find a guide to install CFW correctly? Also, can I access my PSN after installing CFW?
    Last edited by XularusXIII; 4th-February-2012 at 04:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

gpSP Kai is good. I'm using it for my PSP 2000 w/ CFW 6.60 ME-1.6. There's a lot of guide available on Google but I do hope someone knowledgeable will come along and assist you (CFW is such a complicated topic ^.^) good luck!

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, where can I find a guide to install CFW correctly? Also, can I access my PSN after installing CFW?
    Which mobo your 2000 have? and its current firmware?
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-and-additions!
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ed-few-updates!

I'm quite unsure whether you can access PSN or not(haven't tried it myself, yet), and there have been reports where some users got banned when trying to access PSN through CFW(since 6.60 release), while some aren't.
    But just to be on the safe side, and if you decide to use either PRO or ME on 6.60 firmware, you can always dualboot(from OFW to CFW, vice-versa) everytime you want to access PSN, or run homebrew/game.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi meganova, mind telling me more about this dualbooting feature? I'm not aware ME is able to do this?

Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

You can do it on ME, just press and hold the HOME button on startup.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Which mobo your 2000 have? and its current firmware?
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-and-additions!
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ed-few-updates!

I'm quite unsure whether you can access PSN or not(haven't tried it myself, yet), and there have been reports where some users got banned when trying to access PSN through CFW(since 6.60 release), while some aren't.
    But just to be on the safe side, and if you decide to use either PRO or ME on 6.60 firmware, you can always dualboot(from OFW to CFW, vice-versa) everytime you want to access PSN, or run homebrew/game.
    Well, I was able to successfully install Pro CFW B10 on my PSP, and I think the dual booting thing would work well, though I don't know how to tell which mobo I have. The guide I used said that every time I reboot my PSP, I would have to "...reactivate ProCFW, which is done by running the Fast Recovery tool from your PSP’s Game menu...". Is that dual booting?

There is also a new problem. I have the CFW installed, I have EmuMaster, but when I start a ROM up, the system goes to a black screen after about 2 seconds, and then shuts down after another ~5-10 seconds. What can I do to fix this? For the record, the OFW is 6.60, and I have removed all UMD's from the system. All the ROMs are in .zip folders as the emu could not detect them uncompressed. Is a downgrade needed?

I'd also like to say thanks for all the help. I understand how this works a little better now.

Can gpSP Kai play GB and GBC games?
    Last edited by meganova; 7th-February-2012 at 11:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I was able to successfully install Pro CFW B10 on my PSP, and I think the dual booting thing would work well, though I don't know how to tell which mobo I have. The guide I used said that every time I reboot my PSP, I would have to "...reactivate ProCFW, which is done by running the Fast Recovery tool from your PSP’s Game menu...". Is that dual booting?
    Kind of. If you're using non-permanent CFW, you can switch to OFW by turning off the PSP completely, and then restart it. But on permanent patch, you need to press and hold the Select button when you turn the PSP on.
    and yes, to go back to CFW mode, just run the FastRecovery.

There is also a new problem. I have the CFW installed, I have EmuMaster, but when I start a ROM up, the system goes to a black screen after about 2 seconds, and then shuts down after another ~5-10 seconds. What can I do to fix this? For the record, the OFW is 6.60, and I have removed all UMD's from the system. All the ROMs are in .zip folders as the emu could not detect them uncompressed. Is a downgrade needed?
    Which version of EmuMaster? and the game you're trying to run?

Can gpSP Kai play GB and GBC games?
    Nope, it can only run GBA games.
    Last edited by meganova; 7th-February-2012 at 12:44.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Which version of EmuMaster? and the game you're trying to run?

V3.00, and any ROM. They all crash the system.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using this version, and so far, I don't have issues when running any games on it.
    Also, I've noticed that, the emulator can detect the ROM whether it was in compressed form or not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It hangs and then shuts down. Could it be that the mootherboard is incompatible? Or is it that I've only attempted to boot GBA games? Wait a second, is EmuMaster even compatible with GBA? That would explain the lack of L or R button configs. I feel stupid now =.=;

In any case, thank you very much for all the help you've given me. I wouldn't know what I was doing otherwise. I think I have everything I need now, so I'll stop taking your time.
    Last edited by XularusXIII; 9th-February-2012 at 10:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

It hangs and then shuts down. Could it be that the mootherboard is incompatible? Or is it that I've only attempted to boot GBA games? Wait a second, is EmuMaster even compatible with GBA? That would explain the lack of L or R button configs. I feel stupid now =.=;

In any case, thank you very much for all the help you've given me. I wouldn't know what I was doing otherwise. I think I have everything I need now, so I'll stop taking your time.
    The firmware you're using right now is likely the cause, since I've only tested it on 6.20/6.39.Have you make any changes on the PRO VSH menu?
    Uh no, the emulator can only run GB,GBC and SMC games. It won't detect GBA games.

No worries.