Page 119 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3974

Thread: The Hang-Out: SnesObama Foogee Camp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G O R E View Post
    Seen em' live? Flea has an inhuman amount of on-stage energy and hype. They're coming to the AT&T Center in San Antonio TX March 6th, and I'm hoping to get an autograph on a T-Shirt. Its on my bucket list. And the video was the most random thing I can think of, I didn't expect it to make sense or tie into the conversation at all,
    Nah, I haven't been to any rock concerts, but I've seen vids. Dude is nuts. I used to live in San Antonio. Right off of Potranco Rd east of 1604. Just barely a couple of miles away from the Medina County line.

It's all good. lol.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brit View Post
    I know six couples of morons with no children, and one couple of morons with one daughter. I know one highly successful couple with loads of great life decisions and money, with six kids.
    But the vast majority of people are not successful and belong to the 90% that will be poor their entire lives. Having six mouths to feed because the man and the woman had three kids before they got together, for example, is the reason why having more than one child in a relationship is a sign of stupidity. The state needs to make stupidity painful and not feed those children. If stupidity was painful, the idiot majority would act intelligently.
    Last edited by Yip Yip; 18th-February-2012 at 02:25.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yip Yip View Post
    Everyone I know that has four or more kids is an imbecile. I don't need any outside source to verify it.

edit

Too many people believe in the Brady Bunch happy and successful large family pipe dream, and live in Lalaland divorced from reality.
    You're missing the point. They were idiots before they had kids. They would be idiots if they were infertile. Intelligence and fertility are completely unrelated.

Let me simplify this.

Today was a good day. I ate onion rings.

Now was today a good day because I had onion rings? No.

Does it mean that in order to have a good day I must have onion rings? Nope.

Could I have onion rings on a normal or even terrible day? Absolutely.

Would the quality of my day have diminished any if I had instead substituted the onion rings with chicken nuggets? Doubtful.

See, just because they happen to coincide sometimes doesn't mean that they're related.

Conversely, my legs currently hurt like shit. I took a huge walk today.

Now in this case it's pretty obvious that rampant exercise and putting strain on something is going to cause some pain. Anyone who's ever hit a gym can attest to that. It's easily replicated and the data can be empirically researched. Unless someone was in better shape than I, they'd probably want to get the fuck off their feet too.

But I fail to see how the ability to learn (of which IQ isn't even an especially great gauge) nor intelligence suddenly changes retroactively because you spent most of your late 20's/early 30's popping out ankle biters. Seeing as intelligence is largely built during childhood and early adolescence.

And besides that, the Brady family consisted of 2 sets of 3 kids. They were only a bunch due to remarriage (they're step siblings). Right there, you completely shat on your own point.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    You're missing the point. They were idiots before they had kids. They would be idiots if they were infertile. Intelligence and fertility are completely unrelated.

Let me simplify this.

Today was a good day. I ate onion rings.

Now was today a good day because I had onion rings? No.

Does it mean that in order to have a good day I must have onion rings? Nope.

Could I have onion rings on a normal or even terrible day? Absolutely.

Would the quality of my day have diminished any if I had instead substituted the onion rings with chicken nuggets? Doubtful.

See, just because they happen to coincide sometimes doesn't mean that they're related.

Conversely, my legs currently hurt like shit. I took a huge walk today.

Now in this case it's pretty obvious that rampant exercise and putting strain on something is going to cause some pain. Anyone who's ever hit a gym can attest to that. It's easily replicated and the data can be empirically researched. Unless someone was in better shape than I, they'd probably want to get the fuck off their feet too.

But I fail to see how the ability to learn (of which IQ isn't even an especially great gauge) nor intelligence suddenly changes retroactively because you spent most of your late 20's/early 30's popping out ankle biters. Seeing as intelligence is largely built during childhood and early adolescence.

And besides that, the Brady family consisted of 2 sets of 3 kids. They were only a bunch due to remarriage (they're step siblings). Right there, you completely shat on your own point.
    I do believe he's been pwnt we need a smiley for that :pwnt:
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I covered that in the post above. You need to think that you won't be in the same relationship forever given that 1 out of 3 marriages end in divorce. If everyone was to start having three kids that would be six kids every time you remarry.

Thanks

I don't know, bro. Onion rings are pretty fucking amazing.

Seriously, though. Unless the power of your brain directly impacts your fertility, the article is retarded. I highly doubt that some super-brain genius is somehow walking around with a lower sperm count than some redneck hillbilly who dropped out in the third grade to hunt possum just because he's smarter.

Besides, fertility is not the only reason smart people have less kids. Smart people utilize some form of birth control, regardless of means. I could be shooting guarantees, but I wouldn't know because we use birth control. I'm no idiot. It also has nothing to do with my IQ scores, because I promise, they're average.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

But the vast majority of people are not successful and belong to the 90% that will be poor their entire lives. Having six mouths to feed because the man and the woman had three kids before they got together, for example, is the reason why having more than one child in a relationship a sign of stupidity. The state needs to make stupidity painful and not feed those children. If stupidity was painful, the idiot majority would act intelligently.
    Alright, but what about my sister who's currently up to 2 kids (and could very well go for 3) and has an advanced degree in pharmacology (her husband being a structural engineer with a bonus specialty for hydrodynamics)? Are they dumber now because they had kids? Is she somehow not supposed to be able to procreate because she can tell you the difference between aspirin and tylenol? Is he supposed to be shooting blanks because he spent much of the late 90's and early 00's with his head in a book of advanced physics? Am I somehow smarter than them because I don't have any kids (to my knowledge)? Think about it for a second. I'll wait.

You ever think the so called "idiots" act that way because, Iunno, they don't know any better? It's not a choice, genius. Maybe the failing isn't that they're having kids. Maybe it's the education system. Or the job market. Or society in general. Maybe the world doesn't do enough to sponsor the growth of new neural pathways.

Not LOL HAS KIDS MUST BE DUM CUZ SEX MAKES U STUPID LOL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And yes, most people are idiots regardless of how fertile they are. They tend to be the ones who don't use contraception and who have the most children. Children that are likely to be just as dumb if not dumber. That's why the state needs to stop feeding the children of idiots, stupidity needs to be made a very painful and naturally selected experience.

Thanks

But there you are again with correlation, not causation.

A complete nincompoop could have enough sense to get a shot or implant so they don't have to remember a patch or pill, then continue to be a fucking derp and at the same time, not have kids.

Equally, a giantbrain chick can get drunk at a party, fuck a dude or six, and get pregnant.

Thanks

I have no children, only 19, don't plan on having any hooligan rugrats any time soon.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. - Sun Tzu

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I covered that in the post above. You need to think that you won't be in the same relationship forever given that 1 out of 3 marriages end in divorce. If everyone was to start having three kids that would be six kids every time you remarry.
    And 100% of marriages end in death or divorce.

In this case it was the former.

Besides that, your statistics on divorce are way off, but let's ignore that for a moment.

Perhaps they didn't expect their respective spouses to drop dead? Maybe that's it. Hey, maybe having a lot of kids means you're more likely to die. Let's look into that. It's totally related. I saw it on TV.

No one needs that many kids. And last I checked it didn't work that way. Birth rates are so low several countries aren't even replacing the people that are dying off. Which says nothing of fertility being something that decreases with time and age.

Quote Originally Posted by brit View Post
    Seriously, though. Unless the power of your brain directly impacts your fertility, the article is retarded. I highly doubt that some super-brain genius is somehow walking around with a lower sperm count than some redneck hillbilly who dropped out in the third grade to hunt possum just because he's smarter.
    Pretty sure Hawking can't even get it up.

OH SHIT, MYTH CONFIRMED.

/Yip Yip Science

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Am I somehow smarter than them because I don't have any kids (to my knowledge)? Think about it for a second. I'll wait.
    The way the global economy is collapsing you will be in the long run.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And yes, most people are idiots regardless of how fertile they are. They tend to be the ones who don't use contraception and who have the most children. Children that are likely to be just as dumb if not dumber. That's why the state needs to stop feeding the children of idiots, stupidity needs to be made a very painful and naturally selected experience.
    Yes, because dumb people have dumb kids. There's totally a genetic predisposition for intelligence through genetics. It's not like we learn from our environment or anything.

I'm as stupid as my parents. Yes, my highschool dropout mom and my slacker Jr. High dropout dad meant that my whole family was doomed from the get go to a life of menial labor and derping about, culminating in a string of pregnancies caused by us fucking anything that'll let us.

I can see your parents were goddamned Rhodes scholars.

Why yes, let us all chemically castrate 99% of the population. Surely this is the way to a glorious enlightened age.

And again we get to longstanding case of nature v nurture. Of which you appear to be unable to pick a side (are people stupid because they have kids, or because their parents were stupid?). But here's the thing, why is it that the countries with the highest birth rates are the ones where the state doesn't actually feed the kids?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The way the global economy is collapsing you will be in the long run.
    Don't see how. Once we all resort to cannibalism I have to go out and run down a jogger.

Meanwhile they're living the high life off baby burgers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And how am I supposed to debate when you make me laugh my ass off? Not fair.

And again we get to longstanding case of nature v nurture. Of which you appear to be unable to pick a side (are people stupid because they have kids, or because their parents were stupid?). But here's the thing, why is it that the countries with the highest birth rates are the ones where the state doesn't actually feed the kids?
    People who live in those countries don't have Internet, the message is not for them because it'll never reach them and there is nothing I can do to save them from themselves. The average American consumes 20 times more resources than the average Bangledeshi, each child a person has in a developed country is a tremendous burden on the world. So, the birthrate is not the issue. The issue is how much of a burden your children are on the world and how much poverty is created by your resource hog children. It'll take a person in Botswana thirty children to burden the world as much as your one American child will in his/her lifetime.
    Last edited by Yip Yip; 18th-February-2012 at 03:19. Reason: Greetings from Miami...