Page 120 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3974

Thread: The Hang-Out: SnesObama Foogee Camp

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hi people. I noticed you have or had a conversation going. I am too intoxicated to read it thuogh, so good luck and have fun.
    I am mostly just staring at people's avatars and dazing in and out.

Thanks

Theres only one solution....DRINK MORE!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. - Sun Tzu

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yip Yip View Post
    People who live in those countries don't have Internet, the message is not for them because it'll never reach them and there is nothing I can do to save them from themselves. The average American consumes 20 times more resources than the average Bangledeshi, each child a person has in a developed country is a tremendous burden on the world. So, the birthrate is not the issue. The issue is how much of a burden your children are on the world and how much poverty is created by your resource hog children. It'll take a person in Botswana thirty children to burden the world as much as your one American child will in his/her lifetime.
    But that's fucking stupid. First world nations have negative birth rates. The only reason the population is going up is because of immigration. Are you saying we should close all the borders? We'll all die out in a couple centuries. People are dying faster than they're being born. That kid isn't taking resources away from anyone else. He's not even using up the resources freed up by grandpa and grandma kicking the bucket.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Hi people. I noticed you have or had a conversation going. I am too intoxicated to read it thuogh, so good luck and have fun.
    I am mostly just staring at people's avatars and dazing in and out.
    no need to read, rays pawning yipyip over intelligence and nature vs nature and all that jazz.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The problem is globalization and this new global economy which didn't exist 40 years ago, you impoverish other countries and it affects everyone.

edit

And by that I mean Africa for example. Africa has enough natural resources to have the wealthiest nations in the world. But it's the wealthy first world corporations that own the diamond mines. You simply can't hog up all the resources in a global economy no matter what your birth rate is, every greedy resource hog wants heirs to the fortune.
    Last edited by Yip Yip; 18th-February-2012 at 03:39.

Thanks

The problem is globalization and this new global economy which didn't exist 40 years ago, you impoverish other countries and it affects everyone.
    WHAT. What the hell are you talking about?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Global economics isn't new.

I take it you never heard of the American revolution?

Let me break it down for you.

See, Britain was pissed off with the lack of Americans paying taxes. So they started cracking down on smugglers and enforcing taxes on products (since no one was paying income tax). Certain tea smugglers got pissed that they were being "dealt with", yadda yadda shit got real.

In summation, global economics is old as fuck.

Hell it's the whole reason the western hemisphere was even settled in the first place.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Global economics isn't new.

I take it you never heard of the American revolution?

Let me break it down for you.

See, Britain was pissed off with the lack of Americans paying taxes. So they started cracking down on smugglers and enforcing taxes on products (since no one was paying income tax). Certain tea smugglers got pissed that they were being "dealt with", yadda yadda shit got real.

In summation, global economics is old as fuck.

Hell it's the whole reason the western hemisphere was even settled in the first place.
    Globalization means that what affects people in Australia affects people at the other end of the world. The economy was not all encompassing as it is now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

edit

And by that I mean Africa for example. Africa has enough natural resources to have the wealthiest nations in the world. But it's the wealthy first world corporations that own the diamond mines. You simply can't hog up all the resources in a global economy no matter what your birth rate is, every greedy resource hog wants heirs to the fortune.
    Yeah, no. There's a lot of diamond mines that could be used. And several that are under the control of africans.

Problem is, there's this crazy little concept by the name of "conflict diamonds".

You see, people fight over those diamonds. And the weapons they use? Funded by diamond sales.

So in an effort to not add fuel to the fire, many countries refuse to carry them. Those diamonds then become cheap as fuck and are only sold in certain countries (where they don't earn the sort of premium those diamonds from those "rich corporation" mines do).

It's not that those corporations are controlling all the mines (they aren't), it's just that the only mines that "matter" are owned by them. Because no one will touch the mines that can't be vouched for. Because it looks pretty fucking bad when a kid gets a bullet in his brain that was paid for by your jewelry company.
    Last edited by Raype; 18th-February-2012 at 03:48.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Globalization means that what affects people in Australia affects people at the other end of the world. The economy was not all encompassing as it is now.
    The East India Trading company wasn't one of the biggest driving forces of every country's economy in the 1600's? The Hudson Bay Company wasn't Canada's/Norther US' entire economy for fucking ever? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, no. There's a lot of diamond mines that could be used. And several that are under the control of africans.

Problem is, there's this crazy little concept by the name of "conflict diamonds".

You see, people fight over those diamonds. And the weapons they use? Funded by diamond sales.

So in an effort to not add fuel to the fire, many countries refuse to carry them. Those diamonds then become cheap as fuck and are only sold in certain countries (where they don't earn the sort of premium those diamonds from those "rich corporation" mines do).

It's not that those corporations are controlling all the mines (they aren't), it's just that the only mines that "matter" are owned by them. Because no one will touch the mines that can't be vouched for. Because it looks pretty fucking bad when a kid gets a bullet in his brain that was paid for by your jewelry company.
    Yes, and if Idi Amin is an example of what good Christian ministers of Africa would do if the first world abandoned those mines, there would be no Africans left alive aside from the Idi Amins of Africa and the mercenaries that slaughtered every last woman and child all Christian like.

edit

You have a very valid point there. And since humanity is helplessly lost in equal parts stupidity and greed, I shall return to my regularly scheduled misanthropic hermitic existence. Nevermind me, carry on.
    The East India Trading company wasn't one of the biggest driving forces of every country's economy in the 1600's? The Hudson Bay Company wasn't Canada's/Norther US' entire economy for fucking ever? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?
    The East India Trading company was in charge of raping the other side of world without the rape being collateral. China didn't have nukes back then and they didn't manufacture everything. You can't fuck with China anymore, not if you want to get nuked or have your economy collapse.
    Last edited by Yip Yip; 18th-February-2012 at 04:09.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes, and if Idi Amin is an example of what good Christian ministers of Africa would do if the first world abandoned those mines, there would be no Africans left alive aside from the Idi Amins of Africa and the mercenaries that slaughtered every last woman and child all Christian like.
    I don't see how that matters at all. What happened in Uganda was as much the fault of outside sources as it was Africa itself. It's a little hard to point to anything.

Globalization or no, shitty people are shitty people. And they'll continue to do shitty things.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't see how that matters at all. What happened in Uganda was as much the fault of outside sources as it was Africa itself. It's a little hard to point to anything.

Globalization or no, shitty people are shitty people. And they'll continue to do shitty things.
    Add on top of that the genocidal precedence outside of Uganda and despite of it, and the first thing that would happen if the first world corporations abandon the diamond mines is carnage that would leave history scholars of the future perplexed that people were capable of making Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Genghis Khan tree hugging hippies by comparison.

edit

Africa is a microcosm of the world. It has all the resources and then some to provide every one of it's inhabitants with vast wealth, but the majority of it's inhabitants are stupid just like the rest of the human majority and it's easier to kill people for resources than it is to learn to gather them when you democratically choose to do what the idiot majority wants to do.
    Last edited by Yip Yip; 18th-February-2012 at 04:36.

Thanks

YipYip, what the entire fuck are you talking about now?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brit View Post
    YipYip, what the entire fuck are you talking about now?
    I dunno.
    His insanity maybe?
    Also, League of Legends is SO FUN.