Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ps3 questions need info

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    Or use pcsx2 on a decent P.C.
    I'd much rather just play on a PS2 myself.

Then again I pretty much own about 85% of the PS2 games I want anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    Or use pcsx2 on a decent P.C.
    Considering how much cheaper and reliable getting a PS2 is, I never suggest trying to emulate.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    You should be able to play them with a backwards compatible console on CFW 3.55, you might need the Cobra USB dongle. I think you can do it with the newest SwapMagic but, I doubt it works on newer firmware.
    Im running into the same problem. Your easiest and most reliable idea is a ps2 with free mcboot and openps2loader or other programs like hdloader, usb advance etc.
    custom firmware allows your ps3 to do things that sony doesnt like. with cfw you can run backups ps3 backups and with cobra dongle it can emulate some ps2 games. an opl iso was made to load ps2 iso off usb and network but you need cfw to do it.
    im using swapmagic to load opl and it doesnt find my games so the new update 4.00 may have taken that out

i finally got open playstation2 loader working on my ps3. its a cecha01 on ofw 4.00. sonys updates didnt take this functionality away. its a big pain cuz you have to find a revision of opl that works on your bc ps3. i personally used opl r590
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 7th-February-2012 at 12:42.
    psp 3000 09g lme 6.60 cfw
    ps2 fcmb no new hardware
    ps3 CECHA 60 GB stock OFW 4.00 FFFFMMMMLLLLLL