Thread: EMULATORS - SOMEONE GET ME GOING

Thanks

Default EMULATORS - SOMEONE GET ME GOING

I am brand new to emulators. I've fooled around with them a little bit, but ultimately I'm not knowledgeable about it. My main reason for doing emulators is because I want better quality for my PS1 and PS2 games, the 480i resolution with component cables on the 40" LCD hdtv I have that the modded playstation2 is feeding just isnt cutting it. I want to use PCSX2 for playstation 2 games, epsxe for playstation1 games, and Project 64 for Nintendo 64 games. I plan to display my computer monitor on HDTV through PC to HDTV HDMI cable. I would really appreciate any help. Let me give my list of hardware/software, so you and I can know the best plugins and settings...

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit; 2 gigs of ram (1.87 gigs usable)

NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce430 video graphics card (driver is updated to latest)

sound card is unknown at this point..

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640 2.70 GHz

Thanks!
    Last edited by cabo12; 2nd-February-2012 at 05:51.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cabo12 View Post
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit; 2 gigs of ram (1.87 gigs usable)

NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce430 video graphics card (driver is updated to latest)

sound card is unknown at this point..

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640 2.70 GHz
    I'm afraid your computer is not good enough to output better quality PS2 games than a real PS2. for PS1, use the OpenGL driver and from the settings, choose "Nice".

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gezegond For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. Yeah I was pretty sure I couldn't do better with PS2 games than just the PS2 itself modded with my component cables on the HDTV, I just thought maybe I missed something....PS1 and n64 is really the issue I have so It's nice to see I can run them. I've tested both emulators and they run like a charm. I am using Project 64 and ePSXe. A tad bit of sound crackling every now and then, but other than that they run great. I appreciate your help Gezegond.

Oh, by the way, what is the best route for hooking up my computer to my HDTV? Should I use a DVI to HDMI? The issue is, it looks as if my computer only has a VGA input. My TV has one as well. But I would like DVI so I could have audio through the HDTV. I've heard DVI only loses just a tad of quality opposed to VGA. My monitor and TV are both HD. Oh and I've also heard that Windows XP runs a lot smoother all together, especially better than 7, therefore my games might run a lot smoother, is that true?
    Last edited by cabo12; 2nd-February-2012 at 19:33.

Thanks
    EP Points

it looks as if my computer only has a VGA input.
    You mean VGA output? If your graphic card has DVI output, DVI to HDMI is the way to go. If it only has VGA output, the you don't have much of a choice.

I've also heard that Windows XP runs a lot smoother all together, especially better than 7, therefore my games might run a lot smoother, is that true?
    I don't think so. Not sure though.

And if you want to play them on your TV, you're gonna need a good Wireless controller. I recommend Dual Shock 3. They can be used on XP with custom drivers.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Output*

Yeah its a VGA...so I guess that means I can't get audio out of the TV. Is DVI the only way to get an HDMI? Thanks for the controller info. I got a pS3 so I can configure two Dualshock 3 controllers.

Thanks
    EP Points

You need to get a converter to Output your PC into HDMI, such as this. But they're expensive. If your TV has VGA input just connect it to your PC and see how well that works for you.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Yeah my TV has VGA input. Thanks for the knowledge. The resolution should beat the 480i I'm getting on my HDTV from the ps2 for sure. I hope..