Thread: Final Fantasy IX just won't play no matter what I do...

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy IX just won't play no matter what I do...

Don't mean to make a "QQ HALP MEH IT DUN WORKZ0RZ" thread, but I've been reading Google; I've tried different versions (1.5.2, 1.6.0 and 1.7.0), and different GPU plugins and SPU plugins. Hell I tried using my irl copy of Final Fantasy IX irl and even that didn't work, I updated my graphics card and for desperation's sake I ran epsxe as Administrator. So I have basically tried everything... so is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

PS1/2/3 console should play your retail copy of it.

Thanks

*Facepalm* I know that, can you just help me solve my problem of running it via epsxe? I shouldn't have to tell you my reasons...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TehFluffyBunny View Post
    Don't mean to make a "QQ HALP MEH IT DUN WORKZ0RZ" thread, but I've been reading Google; I've tried different versions (1.5.2, 1.6.0 and 1.7.0), and different GPU plugins and SPU plugins. Hell I tried using my irl copy of Final Fantasy IX irl and even that didn't work, I updated my graphics card and for desperation's sake I ran epsxe as Administrator. So I have basically tried everything... so is there something I'm missing?
    What happen exactly? You run the game and *boom!* black screen? or ___________?

Which FFIX version? PAL? NTSC? computer specs? any errors?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TehFluffyBunny View Post
    *Facepalm* I know that, can you just help me solve my problem of running it via epsxe? I shouldn't have to tell you my reasons...
    I can't help you because I don't emulate playstation stuff.
    I use real consoles for those games.

Thanks

Alright sorry.

Number 1: I just fixed the problem lol.

I read one of the other threads, all I had to do was patch the game, sorry for wasting thread space .

@meganova:

Yea, I downloaded (E) then used ecm tools to unecm the file, then I opened it and all I got was black screen, but I fixed it now *facepalm*

I might have troubles changing disk, but for now I'm happy with what I got, I'm really sorry for asking a question then fixing it -.-
    Last edited by TehFluffyBunny; 31st-January-2012 at 01:50.