Thread: Does PEC even work with 1.7?

Thanks

Default Does PEC even work with 1.7?

I have version 3.22 of the Playstation Emulator Cheator(PEC) but it worked for 1.6 and not for 1.7. Are there any versions which came out for it? if not, I don't know if I would reload the same game into 1.6 to use it because I have tried playing FFVIII with 1.6 and it doesn't work.
    Strudels, a phyllo pastry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you have to make sure tpo copy the PEC plugin into the ePSXe 1.7 plugins folder, then set it as your video plugin. Then configure the PEC plugin to use your normal video plugin and you should be set. You might also need to check the second tab in PEC config and change the cheat refresh rate.

And yes, if you get your 1.6 save (.mcr files) into the 1.7 saves folder, you can use them with no problem. Essentially it's like using your PSx memory card in a different PS console.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Well, I have transferred my PEC file into the plugins folder but it still didn't show up.
    Strudels, a phyllo pastry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Strudels View Post
    Well, I have transferred my PEC file into the plugins folder but it still didn't show up.
    as in you copy/pasted from one Plugins folder to the other? if that's the case, this sounds like an error in registry from too many ePSXe's. Try moving all ePSXe versions into the folder with the working version. Then they all share plugins, ISO location, mem cards, etc.

Maybe scroll down a bit and look into Similar Threads...

Be afraid. Be very afraid.