Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re-Hacking a wii on 4.3 U with HBC installed

Thanks
    EP Points

Default re-Hacking a wii on 4.3 U with HBC installed

i have a black wii running on 4.3U
    it has HBC installed--could someone make a copy of their SD card to enable USB/HDD loading for me?
    I've read about 40 guides and they all say the same thing, but I guess i just don't understand what they are sayin, but it could also be the hundreds of errors i get; 1 item not finished or something like that [in multi mod manager].I've tried to use different usb loaders, but they dont work. EPs guides give me the same results. I need someone to make a guide showing every single step with pictures on exactly what to do, or for someone to dump a copy of their SD card. The only thing I use my wii for making backups of GC/Wii games, but I'd like to be able to play other games.

if you need any more information, ask away

hopefully this will get resolved in a few days...
    ===
    also, I've tried to use WBFS manager 3.0 x64 to reformat my USB and stuff some .ISOs on it, but it never copies over--it just says "completed" or "transferred" etc.

thanks

[should this have been posted in the console/emulation sub?]
    Last edited by Archean_0; 29th-January-2012 at 09:06.
    #Archean_0's Uploads [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...0#post1431710] | #Found a ".dlc" file? Open it with [http://jdownloader.org/]

Thanks

Black Wii's can not play gamecube back ups yet except via SD boot I think.
    Can you tell us how your Wii got the HBC on it? Smashstack? Bathax? what?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CSXIV View Post
    Black Wii's can not play gamecube back ups yet except via SD boot I think.
    Dunno about softmods, but.......
    Using WODE hardmod, black Wii 4.3U should run NGC backups from DVD or USB HDD ok (well, you'll still have the 'audio streaming issues" with some games).
    The console thinks everything is retail.......even if your NGC backup images are .gcm files

Other similar hardmods should work ok too I guess

And none of this requires any softmodding (although that stuff will work with WODE as well if you really want to do that 'cos it's like a retail console).
    No soldering needed.......it's a flatmod kit.Various HDD filesystems supported.

So it should be possible to play Gamecube stuff on a black Wii without using SD boot........you just need more than a softmod by itself

Just to note again: NGC backups of some games will have audio streaming issues (no music or voices, either or both).
    Sound effects should be fine (going by the games I've played anyway).

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think it's as simple as that, just getting a SD card dump. If it was that easy, the guides would provide you with one. You have to install some stuff such as cIOS packs and other stuff on your internal memory to be bale to play many Wii games. GC games had something like that iirc. Just go by the guides one step at a time. I used guides at this place and everything worked fine. I didn't have USB mass storage so I just used back up disks. It was a long time ago, So I don't remember the details. This one seems like a good guide too. Just find any guide you feel right for you, and if you had any problem, tell us the details of your problem and when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Archean_0 View Post
    I've read about 40 guides and they all say the same thing, but I guess i just don't understand what they are sayin, but it could also be the hundreds of errors i get; 1 item not finished or something like that [in multi mod manager].I've tried to use different usb loaders, but they dont work.
    This is a bit too vague. Tell us what guide you used and what part of it you couldn't understand/had difficulties with.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

RESOLVED, but read on, I've another problem...
    ===
    @CSXIV
    I put HBC on my black 4.3U wii using letterbomb

@deadlegion
    WODE actually seems much easier, but you said "Just to note again: NGC backups of some games will have audio streaming issues (no music or voices, either or both). Sound effects should be fine (going by the games I've played anyway)." Is there a way to fix this problem? It also recommends 4.1u [i think my black wii shipped with 4.3u--wouldn't that brick my wii?

@gezegond
    What I meant by SD dump was for someone to put everything I need in one file that i can put on my sd card and install in the correct order. [nice guide link btw--it had file packs--which is what i was looking for]
    ===
    I have another problem, 2 actually.

1) when I insert my USB into my wii--and use a USB loader [in this case GX] it says it doesn't detect fat or wbfs [i've tried both] so it asks to format--when i say yes, it says unable to open USB device [after it reformatted]
    2) when using WBFS manager 3.0, I tried to dump a .ISO in the "add to" side--to move to the drive. It says completed [or w/e the confirmation message is] but doesn't show up on the drive i told it to copy to. the "transfer" [which im pretty sure is the problem...maybe the filetype too...] took about 2 seconds-thats not normal. So what do I have to do to get my already ripped [in .ISO] games onto my USB so I can load/play them?
    #Archean_0's Uploads [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...0#post1431710] | #Found a ".dlc" file? Open it with [http://jdownloader.org/]

Thanks
    EP Points

1) when I insert my USB into my wii--and use a USB loader [in this case GX] it says it doesn't detect fat or wbfs [i've tried both] so it asks to format--when i say yes, it says unable to open USB device [after it reformatted]
    2) when using WBFS manager 3.0, I tried to dump a .ISO in the "add to" side--to move to the drive. It says completed [or w/e the confirmation message is] but doesn't show up on the drive i told it to copy to. the "transfer" [which im pretty sure is the problem...maybe the filetype too...] took about 2 seconds-thats not normal. So what do I have to do to get my already ripped [in .ISO] games onto my USB so I can load/play them?
    That's strange. Are you sure your USB drive is totally fine? Try using another USB storage, see if that helps. iirc, some usb storage devices are not incompatible with some hardware, specially those that encrypt your data automatically and need a password each time you connect them to PC. Do you have one of those?

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

btw--while i try another USB stick--neo gamma recognizes my USB, but doesn't detect any games [i put a .ISO on my USB]

what about question #2? "2) when using WBFS manager 3.0, I tried to dump a .ISO in the "add to" side--to move to the drive. It says completed [or w/e the confirmation message is] but doesn't show up on the drive i told it to copy to. the "transfer" [which im pretty sure is the problem...maybe the filetype too...] took about 2 seconds-thats not normal. So what do I have to do to get my already ripped [in .ISO] games onto my USB so I can load/play them?"

-> hopefully its something simple right?
    Last edited by Archean_0; 30th-January-2012 at 12:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

btw--while i try another USB stick--neo gamma recognizes my USB, but doesn't detect any games [i put a .ISO on my USB]
    What is your drive format? FAT 32? Neogamma can not read FAT or NTFS formats. Use this chart to get a suitable usb loader that's compatible with your drive.

what about question #2? "2) when using WBFS manager 3.0, I tried to dump a .ISO in the "add to" side--to move to the drive. It says completed [or w/e the confirmation message is] but doesn't show up on the drive i told it to copy to. the "transfer" [which im pretty sure is the problem...maybe the filetype too...] took about 2 seconds-thats not normal. So what do I have to do to get my already ripped [in .ISO] games onto my USB so I can load/play them?"
    Hmm, do you do the "Transfer -> ISO" part? Follow this guide, see if that helps anyhow.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

@deadlegion
    WODE actually seems much easier, but you said "Just to note again: NGC backups of some games will have audio streaming issues (no music or voices, either or both). Sound effects should be fine (going by the games I've played anyway)." Is there a way to fix this problem? It also recommends 4.1u [i think my black wii shipped with 4.3u--wouldn't that brick my wii?
    No, I haven't seen any info anywhere about any method to fix the audio streaming issue with NGC backups on Wii

I have 4.3E and WODE myself...........I don't use any softmod on that console setup, and updates are still enabled (so really this setup acts exactly like retail).
    On the WODE forums I've seen at least one guy (I think he was staff) saying 4.2U and WODE is fine, and I can't see why 4.3U should be any different

As far as the console is concerned, it still thinks it's retail (just with WODE added).
    It's a DVD drive emulator (flatmod kit)....with it's own lcd and joystick interface for loading images.
    Only runs game disc backup images (.iso or .gcm)........if you wanna run other platform emu's or wiiware etc you have to use softmod with WODE.
    Also, I think there's a 2TB partition limit for HDD's........but that's no big deal imo.

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried this with my USB in FAT/32/NTSC/WBFS-->

I copied a .ISO to my USB and plugged it in both USB slots [to be sure]

and it never worked--it always says no game found, but gives me the option to rerip a game/install it to the usb--I just want to dump them onto a usb--not rerip.

[I used cleanripGC/Wii to rip them to .ISO btw]

does that wii backup manager convert.ISOs to .wbfs?
    ===
    so WODE is just plug and play? [like the wasabi 360?]

Thanks
    EP Points

so WODE is just plug and play? [like the wasabi 360?]
    Just open up your console and install the flatmod......no soldering.
    Firmware updates are installed via it's own SD card slot.
    There are 2 different firmwares you can use......read only, and a read/dump version which takes a little longer to boot.
    I've always just used the read/dump versions of the firmware releases (updated usually when a new dual layer game is released)......although I rarely dump games from disc thesedays, I could never be bothered with the idea of changing firmware just to save a little initial boot time

It's still expensive though I think, especially considering the console itself is now cheap (or dirt cheap if second hand).
    But the good thing is that if your console dies (like the DVD drive stops working, you brick it using a softmod or whatever) you can just get another console, easily remove and install it again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Just open up your console and install the flatmod......no soldering.
    Firmware updates are installed via it's own SD card slot.
    There are 2 different firmwares you can use......read only, and a read/dump version which takes a little longer to boot.
    I've always just used the read/dump versions of the firmware releases (updated usually when a new dual layer game is released)......although I rarely dump games from disc thesedays, I could never be bothered with the idea of changing firmware just to save a little initial boot time

It's still expensive though I think, especially considering the console itself is now cheap (or dirt cheap if second hand).
    But the good thing is that if your console dies (like the DVD drive stops working, you brick it using a softmod or whatever) you can just get another console, easily remove and install it again.
    do i need the wifi dongle, or can i just use the wiis wifi

Thanks
    EP Points

do i need the wifi dongle, or can i just use the wiis wifi
    I don't know about that.........I don't use wifi at all.
    Why? (just curious)

I use a 1TB Western Digital ext USB HDD (with it's own psu).
    I've got a fairly large collection or Wii games plus most of the Gamecube games on it.....I only found 1 NGC game that won't run properly: Ikaruga (only runs in demo mode).
    Still heaps of space on the HDD.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 31st-January-2012 at 02:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

i asked about the dongle because wodejukebox sells it--there must be a reason
    ===
    space isn't an issue, i have 13 TB left of empty space [250TB total]
    ===
    does wode have a coverflow kind of thing, or is it loading from txt files via LCD?

Thanks
    EP Points

i asked about the dongle because wodejukebox sells it--there must be a reason
    ===
    space isn't an issue, i have 13 TB left of empty space [250TB total]
    ===
    does wode have a coverflow kind of thing, or is it loading from txt files via LCD?
    Yeah, I just haven't looked at the wifi (no need for it for me, and it wasn't available when I initially got WODE).
    LCD is just image lists (you can change how the images are identified I think).
    If you want fancy covers and stuff you'll end up wanting softmod, WODEFLOW and that sort of thing.

I just use my setup like a retail console.
    My WODE LCD just has a game list........I even just have Wii and NGC games in the same list (WODE identifies them as Wii or NGC games).

Sounds like you need to spend some time browsing and reading through the WODE forums, you should find some answers........
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Note: no discussion of backups that aren't your own is allowed there afaik