Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION! MEGAUPLOAD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY THE FEDS!!

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majinkura View Post
    sadly more schemes are being hatched by the Gov't to further invade our privacy even more.....this time against child pronz(which i agree should be taken care of) but now this means they're gonna be tracking everyone's site history,etc...
    its all nothing more than a big fat EXCUSE to do WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT TO GET WHAT THEY WANT and thats total control over the populace .

again 2012 seems to be the Correct year this time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
    The question is, did the creators knew about all that copyrighted stuff and reacted accordingly, everytime the copyright holders made a copyright claim? I remember the time when Rapidshare were still the kings of 1 click webhosting. They won every court case thrown at them. It was simply because they can't control every freaking file uploaded at their servers. But they can easily remove those files, if copyright holders notify them about it.
    According to the investigation that the FBI/whoever... yes, they knew. They bragged about it. And they shared it with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Exia66 View Post
    It was because they had a server in Virginia. At least, I think it was Virginia. I don't see it coming back as the owner has a warrant out for his arrest. That and well, it's apparently a "conspiracy." And having a site that had conspiracy flags waving around isn't neccesairly a good thing.

TPB is different. They're stationed in Sweden (I believe that's where they are) and don't have servers in the USA period. I feel like they were some back room deals regarding them no taking it down to be honest though.
    For anyone who wants a fairly comprehensive explanation on why the owners were arrested, this is the most balanced article I've found so far:

Initial article explaining why they went after them
    Why the US was able to take down and arrest a foreign site

As far as timing goes... yes, it's probably partially as a backlash to the crash and burn of SOPA/PIPA. However, it sounds like they do have the evidence to back up the reasoning behind everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    its all nothing more than a big fat EXCUSE to do WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT TO GET WHAT THEY WANT and thats total control over the populace .

again 2012 seems to be the Correct year this time.
    They can't control the entire populace through manipulation of the internet. lots of people live without it ya know
    I promise not to troll you... If you surrender the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The world isn't going to end in 2012, the fucking internet is. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    ... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonBlade View Post
    They can't control the entire populace through manipulation of the internet. lots of people live without it ya know
    they take it in small steps, try to keep the public from noticing.

when i got older and understood more of how shit works i noticed about how the goverment is no longer FOR THE PEOPLE, supposed to be public servants ya right.

Thanks

they take it in small steps, try to keep the public from noticing.

when i got older and understood more of how shit works i noticed about how the goverment is no longer FOR THE PEOPLE, supposed to be public servants ya right.
    You can't say this is a small step now can you? It's a fucking massive leap, and the government's gonna fall flat on it's face if you ask me.

... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

Supreme Warrior Guest

You can't say this is a small step now can you? It's a fucking massive leap, and the government's gonna fall flat on it's face if you ask me.
    Ya you got a point there, this shit recently aint a small step, im sure they are pushing for even more gun regulations , im not a fan of firearms but i sure believe in the right to bear arms.

Thanks

Ya you got a point there, this shit recently aint a small step, im sure they are pushing for even more gun regulations , im not a fan of firearms but i sure believe in the right to bear arms.
    Your gun regulations can't be as strict as the ones we got here in ol' Australia though

MIND = BLOWN

Supreme Warrior Guest

Your gun regulations can't be as strict as the ones we got here in ol' Australia though
    https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...0&bih=703&bs=1

they are pushing and pushing constantly to disarm the populace, if only the forefathers were here to see this shit.

funny thing is they freakin WARNED us about it in advance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Actually, No. This is a chart showing "Software piracy rate by country". Although it's just software piracy and it's showed in percentages, you can still see that US is the very last one with the least amount of piracy. This is an article about piracy in developing countries. It is pretty much an accepted fact that the majority of piracy happens in third world countries. I actually had read more solid evidence sometime ago, but can't seem to find it right now.
    If the US government wanted to make the biggest impact to combat piracy they'd leave Americans and Britons alone and go after Africans. No one would oppose a bill that filters the Internet in Africa.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yip Yip View Post
    If the US government wanted to make the biggest impact to combat piracy they'd leave Americans and Britons alone and go after Africans. No one would oppose a bill that filters the Internet in Africa.
    Actually, going by amount of people versus percent of pirating according to that chart, they should censor the Internet in China.

Oh, shi-

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Actually, going by amount of people versus percent of pirating according to that chart, they should censor the Internet in China.

Oh, shi-
    Yes, but China is one country. Africa is by far the one region on the world with the most countries that are making piracy such an issue with copyright holders. Filtering the Internet of African nations would effectively deal the heaviest damage to the piracy the US government wants to combat because it would not be something many people other than Africans would object to. And then this shitstorm would end and the Internet can be what it is without being wrecked by law enforcement. You can't sue Africans for 150,000 USD per infringed copyright, that may be why it hasn't been suggested before. But, if the USA really wanted to deal a deadly blow to piracy they'd go after Africans even if they're too poor to sue. You can still filter Africa's Internet and block their access to proxies even if they're too poor to pay fines.
    Last edited by Yip Yip; 22nd-January-2012 at 12:40.

Thanks

After sopa and pipa take care of ACTA, this one is a bad one and no one really talk of it , this time isn't "only" us that will apply it but somethin like 53 contries if I'm Right some of them have already accepted it and other will do it soon ( like European Union )....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Co...rade_Agreement
    Last edited by ludo66X; 22nd-January-2012 at 13:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ludo66X View Post
    After sopa and pipa take care of ACTA, this one is a bad one and no one really talk of it , this time isn't "only" us that will apply it but somethin like 53 contries if I'm Right some of them have already accepted it and other will do it soon ( like European Union )....
    is ACTA [wikied it] just a way [for countries that agreed to sign] to get around all ready placed laws and regulations?

#its the only 1 out of the 3 I don't understand

Supreme Warrior Guest

Thanks

I think you will find answer here :http://www.stopacta.info/