Thread: Convert Eboot to ISO?

Thanks

Default Convert Eboot to ISO?

Hey, wasn't sure if this was the best spot for this... My question is this, is it possible to convert PSP fake signed eboots (for OFW, not PSX eboots,) back to ISO form?

If so that would be really helpful, thank you!

-Dylan

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope. There is one converter though, but only for PSN games.

Thanks

Alright thanks anyways, guess it's better to keep 6.39 than to upgrade to 6.60.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    Alright thanks anyways, guess it's better to keep 6.39 than to upgrade to 6.60.
    Well on 6.60 you can play full ISOs , signed EBOOTS store games up to 728 MB so such games like MGS: PW or KHBBS are either RIPed or Repacked.. So i highly recommend you to update 6.60 and install PRO B-10.. If you dont know how to hack PSP, than ask me
    Last edited by Stealth Snake; 18th-January-2012 at 09:07.

If you ask me, there's no happiness to be found in death... no peace either. I'm leaving here alive

Thanks

I know how to hack it, I already have a 3000 and I think I'm going to buy a GO. Since I don't know what firmware it will have I'm assuming the worst case scenario. Will fake signed eboots work on 6.60 when modded (after quick recovering the CFW?) I already have a few games that are eboot and I'm wondering if it would be better to get the ISOs instead (just in case.)

Also, could someone explain what people mean when they say that the ISO is patched/ fixed? I'm assuming that the CFW they are using needs the ISO to be patched for it to work, what I'm wondering is: Does PRO B10 need the ISO to be patched? and how do the patches affect the ISOs, does it make any difference whether or not the ISO is patched if using PRO B10 (that is if PRO B10 can play the raw ISOs?)

Thanks for the info

Thanks
    EP Points

I know how to hack it, I already have a 3000 and I think I'm going to buy a GO. Since I don't know what firmware it will have I'm assuming the worst case scenario. Will fake signed eboots work on 6.60 when modded (after quick recovering the CFW?) I already have a few games that are eboot and I'm wondering if it would be better to get the ISOs instead (just in case.)
    Yes, it will.

Also, could someone explain what people mean when they say that the ISO is patched/ fixed? I'm assuming that the CFW they are using needs the ISO to be patched for it to work, what I'm wondering is: Does PRO B10 need the ISO to be patched? and how do the patches affect the ISOs, does it make any difference whether or not the ISO is patched if using PRO B10 (that is if PRO B10 can play the raw ISOs?)

Thanks for the info
    Most of the patched/fixed games(especially newer ones) is for old CFWs, but can also be used on the newer CFW as well.

No need to patch, since PRO have support for newer firmware, so you can just play most games without any issues(like firmware compatibility, etc).

Nope, no differences.

Thanks

Alright thanks a lot, just to clarify: "Yes, it will." is referring to the signed eboots working on 6.60 PRO B10 and not the idea of redownloading the games as ISOs rather than eboots, correct?

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright thanks a lot, just to clarify: "Yes, it will." is referring to the signed eboots working on 6.60 PRO B10 and not the idea of redownloading the games as ISOs rather than eboots, correct?
    Uh nope, you can use it on any PRO version except 6.60. Sorry not sure how I missed that one.

But if you are still going to use signed EBOOT, then I would advise going for 6.39 instead, or 6.20 version.
    and sooner or later you might need to download ISO to run games, as I'm not sure how well the CFW will handle the signed EBOOTs, considering the actual purpose of CFW is to run backup games(ISO, CSO).

Thanks

Yeah not so sure either, I have a 3001 with 6.39 PRO B10 on it. The signed eboots will load (before and after recovering the CFW) but it definitely had me wondering. I think I will get them in ISO form, better to have them all the same for max compatibility.

Random question, CSO and ISO... What is the difference? I'm assuming a little compression, making the files smaller but have to load longer. I've been using ISO only because I'd prefer to have less load times, have you personally tested the two? Just wondering if you have seen a difference,

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Depends on how it was compressed, the result can be vary, well not very noticeable really.

Yes, .CSO makes the load times slower compared to .ISO, however if you set the Memory Stick Speedup to Always(on PRO's Recovery Menu), it improve the load times a bit.