Thread: Getting ePSXe to run

Thanks

Default Getting ePSXe to run

I am having a bit of a trouble right now so that's why I have signed up to ask for advice.

1. I have been playing FFIX using ePSX1.6 and (minor spoilers) the ship at Dali froze. I have 1.5 and 1.7 saved to my computer, but for some reason they would not work at all. With 1.5 the problem is that whenever I tried to load up a BIOS image(bin file which worked with 1.6) it just wouldn't accept it while with 1.7 I cant even start it up at all with the message error which read "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)". How can I fix the problems with those two?

2. If I do succeed in getting FFIX to run again on either of those other versions, are there any method of transferring my saved file from 1.6 to use on either of them so I could start up again at where I have left off?

Thanks in advance.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you are sharing the same bios with more than one version of ePSXe always make sure there is only one version running at once, i.e. make sure you close ePSXe correctly, if you run it windowed never hit the X to close it always hit esc on your keyboard to return to the gui and use the file drop down to close the app or use the X at the gui screen rather than the game screen

closing while on the game screen will not shut ePSXe down correctly and it will still be running (if this happens go into your task manager and stop ePSXe from there)

You can use the same memcards with all versions of ePSXe (either don't use save states at all or only use then as an extra save but never instead of memcard saves)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I still get a screen which says "Force NTSC cdrom detected" and "error loading [plugins\gpupec.dll]. I usually do close my emulators with the X button and if not, I go to Task Manager and close it down like that.
    For the games I really could work it with .bin files and it never have worked with CDimages or BIOs or whatever.

Thanks
    EP Points

1.6.0 - Known issue. Using either 1.5.2 or 1.7.0 will solve the problem(or other emulator).
    1.5.2 - Any errors when you try to load the BIOS? If it working on 1.6.0, then there should be no problem running it on any other version.
    1.7.0 - Download a fresh copy of zlib1.dll, and replace the current one you have. If that's not working, run the registry cleaner instead.

Reconfigure your PEC, there should be something wrong with the settings, especially for the video/graphic plugin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

1.7 has it working . I have configured that the memory cards to be set to the folder where 1.6 was, though, and that was only how I have made saves work for this version of the emulator.

I appreciate you two's help.