Thread: psx and ps2 iso on ps3

Thanks

Post psx and ps2 iso on ps3

i have a bc ps3. its a CECHA 60gb with ofw 4.00. i plan on upgrading hdd to 250gb or maybe even 500. i want to do the following

copy psx/ps2/ps3 games to and play them off hdd
    retrosystem emulation
    keep access to already downloaded bonus content and addons

thanks to anyone who posts helpful links or tutorials

Thanks
    EP Points

Firmware above 3.55 = no go.

Thanks

how would you do it on the 3.55? im seeing things about the cobra dongle and using usb advance through swapmagic. i havent come across anything that doesnt need more hardware like the dongle or external hdd. im looking for a program like ps2's hdloader

Thanks
    EP Points

3.55 = CFW, through one of the types of custom firmware you can load backup PS1 games via Backup Manager I believe it is. From CD-R. No way to load PS1 games from HDD unless they were downloaded and installed from PSN versions.

PS2 games, the only way to load those on a PS3 is through Swap Magic and installing a switch on the laser and whatnot. Honestly, I'd forget about that altogether if I were you. Your 60GB PS3 isn't going to last forever, so why waste your time with it playing PS1/PS2 games? Just play PS3 games and enjoy them. You could get a PS1/2 for pennies to play copies on if you're that bothered.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    3.55 = CFW, through one of the types of custom firmware you can load backup PS1 games via Backup Manager I believe it is. From CD-R. No way to load PS1 games from HDD unless they were downloaded and installed from PSN versions.

PS2 games, the only way to load those on a PS3 is through Swap Magic and installing a switch on the laser and whatnot. Honestly, I'd forget about that altogether if I were you. Your 60GB PS3 isn't going to last forever, so why waste your time with it playing PS1/PS2 games? Just play PS3 games and enjoy them. You could get a PS1/2 for pennies to play copies on if you're that bothered.
    You can do it on the backwards compatible with the Cobra dongle (pretty sure, I've seen a lot of news posts on it). You can also play PSP games with the Cobra.
    http://www.ps3hax.net/2012/01/covema...for-cobra-usb/

I'm not really sure on compatibility since I don't have the dongle myself .
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 18th-January-2012 at 17:30.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

just trying to avoid putting the extra 30-100 bux into ps2 for the network adaptor, harddrive and external hub to connect the harddrive to my laptop.
    psp 3000 09g lme 6.60 cfw
    ps2 fcmb no new hardware
    ps3 CECHA 60 GB stock OFW 4.00 FFFFMMMMLLLLLL