Thread: Legend of Dragoon epsxe 1.7

Thanks

Default Legend of Dragoon epsxe 1.7

Hi all,

I'm brand new to emulation but I'm a computer science student so I'm ok with computers etc. Here are my system specs:

Intel Core i3 2310 (2.1 ghz)
    Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics
    4gb RAM
    Windows 7 - 64 bit

I'm using epsxe 1.7 to run Legend of Dragoon.
    My issue is with the graphics and overall crappy look of the game. I can't use Pete's OpenGL v 2.9 because it won't work with intel graphics. Using D3D(DX6), I can get great looking character models (highly detailed and colourful) with the settings as below, but the other elements of the game such as the towns, text boxes etc all look terrible. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be? It's also worth noting that I don't get the fade out screen to battles but they load fine. Some other animations get replaced by a grey screen. I've seen another post saying that the only fix for this is P.e.op.s driver but the character models in this mode are poor. Any help would really be appreciated.

Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.77
    Author: Pete Bernert
    GFX card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Resolution/Color:
    - 1024x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
    - R8G8A8A8
    - Filtering: 0
    - Hi-Res textures: 0
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 3
    - Framebuffer texture: 2
    - Framebuffer access: 0
    - Alpha multipass: on
    - Mask bit: on
    - Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off [0]
    - Unfiltered FB: off
    - Dithering: off
    - Screen smoothing: off
    - Full vram: off
    - Game fixes: off [00000000] (I turned the blue line fix on after posting this. Forgot about that!)

Thanks
    EP Points

As far as I can tell, the backgrounds in this game are pre-rendered. Meaning they can't be rendered with higher qualities.

I might be wrong though, wait for input from people who have actually played this game on emulator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    As far as I can tell, the backgrounds in this game are pre-rendered. Meaning they can't be rendered with higher qualities.

I might be wrong though, wait for input from people who have actually played this game on emulator.
    I thought as much myself but the D3D plugins are doing something to the rendering and I'm convinced it's a result of the resolution. The backgrounds are 'fuzzy', as are the letters that appear in the text boxes. With the P.eo.p.s plugin the pre rendering is great but the character models are horribly pixellated. I don't think that's fixable because that plugin is designed to be close to the actual playstation graphics,

Just checking other things online and I see that the GSDx plugin works on epsxe and it has been claimed to be equal in quality to Pete's OpenGLv2. OpenGLv2 runs this game brilliantly looking at youtube vids. Anyone know the current situation with using GSDx plugin on epsxe? I see that it's being updated regularly for the PS2 emulator. Are all versions compatible with epsxe?

Thanks
    EP Points

Download GLDirect->Extract the archive, then find "opengl32.dll" from the bin folder->Copy it to your epsxe directory->run epsxe->choose Pete's OpenGL v 2.9 plugin->run the game->report results.

Quote Originally Posted by adocholiday View Post
    I see that the GSDx plugin works on epsxe and it has been claimed to be equal in quality to Pete's OpenGLv2. OpenGLv2 runs this game brilliantly looking at youtube vids. Anyone know the current situation with using GSDx plugin on epsxe? I see that it's being updated regularly for the PS2 emulator. Are all versions compatible with epsxe?
    Why don't you just download it and give it a try yourself?
    Last edited by gezegond; 13th-January-2012 at 20:22.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Download GLDirect->Extract the archive, then find "opengl32.dll" from the bin folder->Copy it to your epsxe directory->run epsxe->choose Pete's OpenGL v 2.9 plugin->run the game->report results.

Why don't you just download it and give it a try yourself?
    Done and Done. Prior to downloading GLDirect I was getting an error regarding pixels. I copied opengl32 into the espxe root folder and am now getting No WGL extensions error. Means it's not compatible right? Also the GSDx plugin is giving a host of other problems. It runs alright but looks way worse than my previous setup. Not sure how to configure it. Just have to accept the fact that Intel HD 3000 is crap lol

Thanks guys

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adocholiday View Post
    Done and Done. Prior to downloading GLDirect I was getting an error regarding pixels. I copied opengl32 into the espxe root folder and am now getting No WGL extensions error. Means it's not compatible right? Also the GSDx plugin is giving a host of other problems. It runs alright but looks way worse than my previous setup. Not sure how to configure it. Just have to accept the fact that Intel HD 3000 is crap lol

Thanks guys
    Try the older OpenGL driver (1.7) and see if it works with GLDirect.

Try to play around with GSDx config, maybe you can find a way to solve your problem.

And if all else fails, just play with the original Playstation graphics, it's the way it was meant to be played anyways.

Edit: It would also help if you put up a screenshot of your plugin settings (D3D or GSDx).
    Last edited by gezegond; 14th-January-2012 at 04:27.

Thanks

For those just starting out i recommend just clicking fast or nice in the bottom lefthand corner for the preset video configuration
    psp 3000 09g lme 6.60 cfw
    ps2 fcmb no new hardware
    ps3 CECHA 60 GB stock OFW 4.00 FFFFMMMMLLLLLL