Thread: Heads up: MW3 Keys Exploited (Steam)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Exclamation Heads up: MW3 Keys Exploited (Steam)

Saw this today:

Greetings community,
    It's clear that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 keys have absolutely been compromised. We will now permanently ban users that submit them as giveaways. Going forward, only submit giftable copies of Modern Warfare 3. Please do not submit keys even if you believe the key to have come from a reputable source.
    Thank you for your cooperation.
    -regards
    Source: Link

So right now if you see any offers or your friends offer you a raw CD Key for MW3 for PC Steam, Disregard it. Better safe than sorry. I'll try to dig up more info but it seems like its another round of the Dirt 3 incident a while ago.
    I Dont know if Steam will remove the Licence of users that are using the exploited keys or will ban them for exploiting. So as of right now if it aint from a actual walk in store like GameStop or Steam Dont touch it until this has all blown over.

Thought Id Give EP the heads up!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Are Steam keys any different than retail keys? Not looking to exploit, more curious since I never use Steam for anything other than Counter-Strike. Almost forgot, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nemo View Post
    Are Steam keys any different than retail keys? Not looking to exploit, more curious since I never use Steam for anything other than Counter-Strike. Almost forgot, thanks for the heads up.
    As far as I know all PC copies of MW3 run through Steam regardless if you buy it boxed or not, rather like say "The Orange Box", "F.3.A.R" Or "GTR Evolution" to name 3 as an example as MW3 uses steams anti cheat system VAC as its been highly reliable for picking up hackers
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 11th-January-2012 at 18:43.