Thread: How Do I Transfer Downloaded PS Saves To A PS2 Memory Card?

Thanks

Default How Do I Transfer Downloaded PS Saves To A PS2 Memory Card?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but... can anyone eplain to me how to transfer the PSV save file that I downloaded from GameFAQs into my PS2 memory card? I've tried researching this and couldn't find a clear answer. The only thing I can think of is to transfer the save file to my PS3 via flash drive and then somehow write the save file to my PS2 memory card via a PS3 memory card adaptor. But I'd rather not spend $30 on the adaptor if I could do this for free some other way. Is there some simpler way that I can just stick my flash drive with the save file on it into my PS2 USB port and transfer it over to my PS2 memory card?

The save file I'm trying to get is an FFIX legit Excalibur II start file... I've tried over like... 50hrs total now trying to impress those freaken nobles and can only manage to get 98/100. I just wanna get past this stupid mini game and continue with the fun challenge. Anyways, any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, it is entirely possible and I've done it before. (I used it for hunk and tofu save files on RE2)

1-Download this file: psvtopstools.rar, extract all archives.
    2-use "psvexporter11" to convert your psv file to .mcs
    3-copy the mcs file in the psxrcv11 folder then drag and drop it on PSXRC.exe
    4-You'll get a Playstation memory card format file. These are files that have no extension and are named after your game's code. (example: BASLUS-0042106). Copy this file to a flah drive.

5-Create an uLaunchELF disc:

uLaunchELF is a boot program for ps2 you'll need to burn it on a cd
    to do that use nero, select burn image to disc, the image is stored in uLaunchELF\uLaunchELF v3.78 (BIN&CUE).rar
    unrar it and use the .bin file in nero

6-Put uLaunchELF cd in your ps2 and plug in your flash drive in.
    7-launch uLaunchELF like it's a ps2 game (no double reset)
    8-when your in uLaunchELF copy your save file to your ps1 memorycard (no folders,root directory):

uLaunchELF instructions:

use O as O.K and X as Cancel, Triangle as Parent directory
    "Mass" is the usb drive
    "MC0" is the memory card in slot 1
    use R1 as Right click for files
    use "mcpaste" while pasting in memory cards

Hope this helps, I put days into it when I tried to do it for the first time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gezegond For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hm, will my PS2 be able to read the uLaunchELF CD that I burn? I have an original slim PS2, with no mods. I only use SwapMagic for playing burned games.

I've converted the save file and have it ready on my flash drive. I'm just doubtful that my PS2 and/or SwapMagic will be able to read a burned disc But I'll try right now anyways.
    Last edited by Tomoe; 5th-January-2012 at 23:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

I did a quick google search and it seems you can run homebrew (such as uLaunchELF) using Swap-Magic. Give it a try.

Source

Edit: Besides Nero, you can also use other programs such as Imgburn.
    Last edited by gezegond; 5th-January-2012 at 23:25.

Thanks

Ok, so Swap Magic was able to read the disc (thank god, no "Not a Valid PS2 Disc" error!), however, when the uLaunchELF screen pops up, it reads "Failed to Load LAUNCHELF.CNF". I'm still able to navigate the program though; but everything is jibberish to me lol. Here are some pictures I took.

First screen that popped up:
    http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...iledtoLoad.jpg

FileBrowser Screen
    http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...ileBrowser.jpg

Configurator Screen
    http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...nfigurator.jpg

So is the program still working as it should? I just don't understand how to do the actual transfer?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, I just got it to work! It just looked so foreign to me at first, so I thought it wasn't working properly. Thanks a BUNCH gezegond! Very nice guide for transferring saves from PC to PS2 memory cards, I just needed more exact steps for navigating through uLaunchELF.

I'll post the exact steps for the transfer just incase anyone else has the same problem and is interested.

Once you have uLaunchELF opened:
    1. Choose FileBrowser and press "O"
    2. Go down to "mass:/" and press "O" (This is your flash drive directory)
    3. Choose the save file you want to transfer and press "R1" and choose "Copy" in the pop-up list
    4. Press Triangle to return to the FileBrowser screen and then choose "mc0:/" and press "O" (This is the directory for the memory card in slot 1)
    5. Press "R1" and choose "mcPaste" in the pop-up list

Your save file will then be copied onto your memory card!

(Warning: If you already have a save file for the game that you're copying a save file for, make sure the 1st save position is empty, otherwise it will be erased and overwritten by the one you are copying. I had 2 save files for my game saved in the 1st and 2nd positions and the 1st one was overwritten by the new one that I copied. Luckily that save didn't mean anything to me lol)
    Last edited by Tomoe; 6th-January-2012 at 00:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

what you need to do is find where you've saved the save game so in your case its a usb stick correct? then you just follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    use O as O.K and X as Cancel, Triangle as Parent directory
    "Mass" is the usb drive
    "MC0" is the memory card in slot 1
    use R1 as Right click for files
    use "mcpaste" while pasting in memory cards
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Insert you PS1 memory card into your ps2 slot-1 and put your flash drive in. Choose file browser, and go into "mass:/". This is your flash memory. Find your save file, press R1 and choose copy. (Remember that main ok button is O, not X). Now press Triangle several times to go back to your main FileBrowser menu, this time go into "mc0:/". This is your memory card. once your in mc0, press R1 and choose mcpaste. (Again with O, not X). After the transfer, restart your ps2, play the game and see if it worked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Insert you PS1 memory card into your ps2 slot-1 and put your flash drive in. Choose file browser, and go into "mass:/". This is your flash memory. Find your save file, press R1 and choose copy. (Remember that main ok button is O, not X). Now press Triangle several times to go back to your main FileBrowser menu, this time go into "mc0:/". This is your memory card. once your in mc0, press R1 and choose mcpaste. (Again with O, not X). After the transfer, restart your ps2, play the game and see if it worked.
    Yeah, I figured it out and was editing my post while you guys replied to me lol. Thanks again gezegond!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoe View Post
    Yeah, I figured it out and was editing my post while you guys replied to me lol. Thanks again gezegond!
    You're welcome. This method can also be used to free some space in your memory card by backing up your saves into your flash memory.