Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite videogame controller(s)!

Thanks

My favorite controllers are, in this order:

Gamecube controller
    SNES controller
    N64 controller

I think the Classic Controller Pro will be a new favorite once I spend some time using it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Many years ago I would have said playstation controllers were my favourite simply because they were comfortable to use compared to earlier generation controllers.
    But after getting my first xbox, I found these (and 360 controllers) the most comfortable.
    ps1/2/3 controllers are still ok, but not my preference now.

It's probably all based on what I'm most accustomed to I guess........but I also don't have small hands

Thanks

To me, the SNES and Playstation 2 will be the best consoles ever. Partly to do with it are the controllers. The Playstation controllers haven't changed much because it works. You don't change something that works

Thanks

^ I think 360 controllers are great, except for the inaccurate dpad and squeaky triggers.

The PS3 Dualshock 3's are just as good if you have Real Triggers attached - they keep your fingers from sliding off.
    Last edited by Silverflash; 29th-January-2012 at 03:57.

Thanks

the giant original xbox controllers because all my much older friends hands are fucked up because of duel shock 1,2, and 3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dazindude View Post
    the giant original xbox controllers because all my much older friends hands are fucked up because of duel shock 1,2, and 3
    Arthritis?

I get cramped hands if I use any of those controllers now........no probs using xbox or 360 controllers for long periods of time though.

Thanks
    EP Points

I prefer the DualShock 2 and 3. The D-pad is pretty much perfect for the times that you do use it, and every button is analog. When playing GT5, I still like to use X and Square for gas and brake, and it's nice being able to do throttle control with those buttons.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Xbox 360 and 3 button Sega Genesis controllers are probably my favourites. I always used to like the SNES and Playstation controllers but they seem so small to me these days. On that note, I bought an original brick Game Boy purely because I'd started playing the Colour again and my hands were cramping up with it. Never really thought I had big hands but apparently I do.

Thanks

I prefer the ps2/3 controllers for 2d fighters and turn based games because the d-pad is so good and accurate, but for other games I like the gamecube and 360 controller for having the left analog stick in the top left so my thumb is lined up and doesn't have to be partially sideways for moving. I also liked the original xbox controller because my hands are so huge.

Thanks

dualshock controllers fucking up hands?

why has this never happened to me?

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

I'd have to go with the Xbox controller (not the duke) and the SNES controller.

Thanks

Can i play psx1 using pc controller???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The User View Post
    Can i play psx1 using pc controller???
    Create your own thread in Sony Systems under Everything Emulation, what you need to know is unrelated to this thread.

Thanks

ok..

Thanks

I have to say that out of the 103 different type of controllers I've worked my way through (ok, slight exaggeration - 102) since my ZX81/ZX Spectrum days, the most comfortable, easiest one I've used has to be the PS2 Dual Shock. My PS2 long gone and I now have an xbox360 but still not got used to the controller for it. It's the location of the D-Pad on the left that keeps throwing me out lol.