Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite videogame controller(s)!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Your favorite videogame controller(s)!

One of the biggest reasons why I have always preferred console gaming over PC gaming (moreso 5+ years back) are the controllers.
    Sure, these days you can use a 360/PS3 one in your computer, even a Wii one if you've got a bluetooth thingy, but up to the days of the Gamecube, every console had a special joystick/pad/controller.

To me, every controller brings forth a different gameplay experience, and there are better ones depending on the genre you're playing - such as the Saturn pad for shmups and 2D fighters, the PS1 for 3D adventure games, etc.

What are your favorite ones? Why?
    (A bit of emphasis there because I'm not trying to make a list, rather, I want people to discuss which ones were the nicest.)
    Which is the oddest/most rare you've ever come across?
    Last edited by The Almighty MegaMan; 29th-January-2012 at 23:09.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

for me i love the n64 and gamecube controller because i grew up with an n64 and a genesis even though i love the genesis i prefer the n64 controller because its easy to handle as well as the gamecube controller the ps2 controller is fine and all but it doesnt feel that good when playing a first person shooter but thats in my opinion

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I grew up with the N64 and I hate that controller.

Favourites are Dualshock 1-2, Dreamcast, Saturn 3D controller and Gamecube.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yay another Favorite thread.

Gamcube.

Thanks
    EP Points

Favourite? probably the Playstation 1-3 controllers (its pretty much the same damn controller lol), Dreamcast (fits PERFECTLY in almost anyones hands) and the Gamecube, the one i HATE with a passion is the N64's stupid spaceship looking controller, there is just NO way to hold the damn thing comfortably

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, today you can you use any controller you like in your PC with any game, as far as you have an adapter and a good software, like JoyToKey, wich allows you to control even your OS with a simple 8-button joystick, through many button combinations.

My favourite controller so far is the Master System controller. Even though so simple, that D-pad changed everything, it felt so soft and nice to press. And it was so well built that it never broke until my father sold the console.

My second best is the DualShock controller line (1, 2 or 3 - all the same, besides no ANALOG button on 3), I'm so used to it, that if I get another controller in hands, I may get to long to get used.

Third for me is the Dreamcast controller. Simple and inovative at the same time.

Fourth should be the Super Nintendo controller, the triggers (L-R) were such a nice adition, contrary to the later six button thing on the front of the Mega Drive/Genesis controller.

Fifth, the Wii mote nunchuck. Couldn't spend much time playing with, so I still haven't get used with separating the moving stick from the action buttons.

Sixth, the NES controller. To me, it came after the Master System, and I didn't like the D-pad.

Seventh was the N64 controller, I couldn't get used with that analog stick in the middle of the controller. I was too used with the D-pad from the SNES, so every game I played using it, and when it came for me to play Super Mario 64 and defeat Bowser, I had to stretch my thumb to the stick to turn it around, and I was so dumb that I didn't know that I could hold it "differently" (left hand on the middle where the Z button is, and right hand normally on the R trigger).

Sadly I haven't gotten a chance to use any other controller from any other console, so I can't give my opinion to them.

Thanks
    EP Points

1. Keyboard + mouse - what can I say - I'm PC gamer.
    2. This one:
    Spoiler warning:
    - because it's indestructible.
    3. X360 pad - button placement and shape are perfect, but d-pad is different story. It's too stiff (good luck with doing crouch slide after sprint in Mario on NES...). Couple console versions, wired and wirless pads, 6 years since 360 premiere and d-pad still suck ass. Nice job M$.

Thanks

Every Dualshock

its practically the perfect joypad for most types of gaming. I use my Dualshock 3 for emulation gaming all the time and i find it extreamly useful even for games on the N64 or Dreamcast :O

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Gamecube no contest
    Persona is so beast...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakethegreat12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Dreamcast, Genesis/Megadrive, and Playstation controllers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ps2 Dual Shock is pretty much the perfect controller.

Only way to say it. Also, the Gamecube controller kind of sucks. It's the L, R and Z buttons that annoy me. The L and R button don't click naturally.

Thanks

PS 2 Dual Shock is my favorite.(My Logitech 2 is the same design). Next is the Wii Controller.
    The X-Box(first version) and the Gamecube controller were created by the Marquis de Sade.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You kidding? The Wii controller is total piss. When I played Brawl this summer with friends I was like WTF is this shit?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    You kidding? The Wii controller is total piss. When I played Brawl this summer with friends I was like WTF is this shit?
    Since I have no GC or Classic Controller, I use the Nunchuk whenever possible. Feels more natural that way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just don't play the Wii. You made me emulate with your shitty controller Ninty...