Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: reaper nova answers Final Fantasy FAQs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chosenne777 View Post
    who is the more bad-A villian, Sephiroth or Kefka? I choose sephiroth (of course as I am a hardcore FF7 fan lol)
    same lol he was death and gloom with out all of the gay emo crap lol
    " Now is the time where you piss your self and pray to god.... but hey there is still enough time to kill yourself..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chosenne777 View Post
    who is the more bad-A villian, Sephiroth or Kefka? I choose sephiroth (of course as I am a hardcore FF7 fan lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper nova View Post
    same lol he was death and gloom with out all of the gay emo crap lol
    same for me and not to start a flame war but in my opinion 6 blows 7 out of the water with gameplay and story line although 7 had better graphics cut scenes and more/more fun mini games.
    kefka was the weak point of 6 I can't believe final fantasy made a gay emo clown final boss.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    same for me and not to start a flame war but in my opinion 6 blows 7 out of the water with gameplay and story line although 7 had better graphics cut scenes and more/more fun mini games.
    kefka was the weak point of 6 I can't believe final fantasy made a gay emo clown final boss.
    my point exactly lol and seven wasn't all that bad but it would have been awesome if it wasn't for cloud cring all the damn time lol
    " Now is the time where you piss your self and pray to god.... but hey there is still enough time to kill yourself..."

Thanks
    EP Points

What series was originally branded as Final Fantasy but then changed back to it's actual name in the USA?

Thanks
    EP Points

In FF7 what the hell were the 1/4 little soldier things actually for.

I never did find out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    I just remember the game being a drag. kinda lifeless feeling in comparison, boring story, got so sick of that school

I started getting weirded out by it when the school became a means of conveyance. I hate being wasteful and I couldn't get it out of my head that this giant structure is flying around the world to transport 3 or 4 people to their next guardian force grindfest.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    In FF7 what the hell were the 1/4 little soldier things actually for.

I never did find out.
    I can field this one, actually. Pure, utter, absolute bugger-all. Those 1/35 Soldiers sat in my inventory for ages, but I've never seen anything on the subject, and from everything I've looked into, all I can surmise is that they're merely flavour items that don't do anything whatsoever. There's a few of 'em.

EDIT: Also, late reply to Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Not bad, but I think you forgot a word there ("for the the char"), as well as missing Don Tonberries and reversing the numbers: the multiplier for 7 was 10x, 8 was 20x, and 10 was 10x (or 100x for Don). Also, the second answer is The End, Selphie's limit break, which will one-shot Omega Weapon or any one of Ultimecia's stages if used. Odin conventionally does not summon for bosses due to special scripting, and the only notable example was Seifer in Final Fantasy 8, with memorable consequences.
    I'm going to be annoying here. Zanmato. I'll grant that it's not available 100% of the time, but it is an instant-death attack that cannot be resisted by anything when the attack is available. I'd say there are two unavoidable instant death attacks in these games.
    Last edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik; 31st-December-2011 at 13:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Ivo.
    A couple of crap things i found

It is alleged if you collect twelve 1/35 soldiers and buy the house at Costa Del Sol, you can display these soldiers on a window sill as house ornaments. False
    If you obtain twelve 1/35 soldiers and play the strategy game at Fort Condor, you will receive an extra soldier unit to use. RUBBISH

Grrrrrrrr why put stuff that has NO use in the game

Good site http://ff7rumors.tripod.com/misc.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Thanks Ivo.
    A couple of crap things i found

It is alleged if you collect twelve 1/35 soldiers and buy the house at Costa Del Sol, you can display these soldiers on a window sill as house ornaments. False
    If you obtain twelve 1/35 soldiers and play the strategy game at Fort Condor, you will receive an extra soldier unit to use. RUBBISH

actually they were the japanese verion adaption item... they were supposed to be used to revive sephroth but they decided against it since the us version got the extra bosses emerald and the ruby weapons...
    so yeah in the japanese version you ccan get sephie

Grrrrrrrr why put stuff that has NO use in the game

Good site http://ff7rumors.tripod.com/misc.html

actually they were the japanese verion adaption item... they were supposed to be used to revive sephroth but they decided against it since the us version got the extra bosses emerald and the ruby weapons...

Thanks
    EP Points

Can I express my extreme doubt about that? In practically every way that makes no sense whatsoever, most importantly plot-wise. It's a bit awkward to fight the final boss using the final boss in your party. Plus, when in hell would you revive him? You've never actually killed him until the end of the game.
    Last edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik; 31st-December-2011 at 21:17.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

How do you get Pikablu?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Can I express my extreme doubt about that? In practically every way that makes no sense whatsoever, most importantly plot-wise. It's a bit awkward to fight the final boss using the final boss in your party. Plus, when in hell would you revive him? You've never actually killed him until the end of the game.
    I do thank you for expressing your "EXTREME DOUBT" because i welcome all comments... but the biggest problem with your rebutle is the fact that the sephroth that you fight the entire length of the game is a clone his revival spot is in the place where you would find lucrecia at the water fall. See and this comes to the point as to where you probably didn't pay full attention to the story line like so many others and jump to conclusions of someone being wrong because you are the type to not except one own failure lol. once again i do thank you for you comment and just quote me again if you have any "EXTREME DOUBTS"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    How do you get Pikablu?
    Find a pokemon named merill, catch it, rename it pikablu and wala you now have a pikablu lol

Thanks
    EP Points

I do thank you for expressing your "EXTREME DOUBT" because i welcome all comments... but the biggest problem with your rebutle is the fact that the sephroth that you fight the entire length of the game is a clone his revival spot is in the place where you would find lucrecia at the water fall. See and this comes to the point as to where you probably didn't pay full attention to the story line like so many others and jump to conclusions of someone being wrong because you are the type to not except one own failure lol. once again i do thank you for you comment and just quote me again if you have any "EXTREME DOUBTS"
    I know that you chase Sephiroth's clone for the entirety of Disc one. The clone never essentially 'dies', really. He merely discards the body, noting its uselessness to him now that the Black Materia is so near the actual Sephiroth. Technically speaking you might be able to revive the body, though nothing suggests that the game allows for it, or that it would ever have been possible, either in the original Japanese version or the later released US and EU versions. It's not that I didn't pay attention to the storyline like so many others - hell, I've played through the game at least a dozen times, probably two dozen - but that even if you merely resurrect or revive the clone, how would that work with the overarching storyline? Would any of them be content to fight alongside Sephiroth? Even if it is just a clone? Would they truly consider having him just join up, especially after he's led the party on a merry chase around the world until the true Sephiroth could summon Meteor? There is no motivation, logic, coherence, or anything remotely suggesting sense behind it. The party would not okay the decision to bring the clone back. Why on earth would they? It would make so little sense on so many levels that I flat out refuse to believe that the possibility exists. Moreover, I'm fairly certain it doesn't exist, as the main difference from the Japanese to the US/EU version was the ADDITION of Ruby and Emerald. They weren't there to replace anything, they were added. A later international Japanese release had Ruby and Emerald as a part of it as well.

I stand by my claim that I very much doubt that you can get Sephiroth back in your team, with the exception of abusing hacking systems like a Gameshark.

On a different note: I am not the type to accept my failure? While I concede that I argue my points passionately, I'm not stupid enough to keep arguing a point when I know I'm wrong. Here, I am almost certain - with a minor margin of error because I've never played the Japanese release - that I am not. I fail to see why my post would, as such, be a failure.
    Last edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik; 1st-January-2012 at 00:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I have played Final Fantasy VII in Japanese. The original version, as opposed to the International one which is completely identical to the Western release. And a handful of surprisingly small changes and general script differences / translation goofs aside, it's basically the same game. I should know; I've only played the damn thing in English a good ten or eleven times. Also, I was retranslating the game for practice once upon a time, and carefully went through almost every script file of the Japanese version. If there's dialogue in there pertaining to Sephiroth's revival, it's really well hidden.

Plus there's... you know... the fact that no Japanese websites for the game make mention of this supposed secret. Like ever. You'd think with how long it's been since the game was released, somebody would've stumbled on it. Oh wait, it's a silly rumour with no basis in reality. My bad.