Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: reaper nova answers Final Fantasy FAQs

Thanks

Default reaper nova answers Final Fantasy FAQs

as the title assumes i'm here to answer any questions you have for the final fantasy series. I AN EXPERT ON 7,8 & 10 lol ask anything
    " Now is the time where you piss your self and pray to god.... but hey there is still enough time to kill yourself..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anything? Very well, then, I'll start with a couple really easy ones. What are the equations governing the damage in 7, 8, and 10 inflicted through the move Karma/Grudge, and how do they vary by user (where relevant)? Also, what is the only true instant-death attack that will function against final and bonus boss characters? Circumstantial versions and epilogue-boss-types like zombie/Phoenix Down for Yu Yevon (FFX spoiler) do not count.
    Last edited by Mistral; 30th-December-2011 at 01:06.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Anything? Very well, then, I'll start with a couple really easy ones. What are the equations governing the damage in 7, 8, and 10 inflicted through the move Karma/Grudge, and how do they vary by user (where relevant)? Also, what is the only true instant-death attack that will function against final and bonus boss characters?
    If i remember correctly the governing damage quota for that is the amount of creature the one charcter has killed and 7 was x20 for the the char has killed 8 was x10 and i think 10 was x10 lol.

and i want to say odin other than critcal hits idk lol good question lol i can learn from you...
    " Now is the time where you piss your self and pray to god.... but hey there is still enough time to kill yourself..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Some expert you are then

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Some expert you are then
    Oh what do you know lol go back to play skyward sword lol i never liked insta-kill moves lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not bad, but I think you forgot a word there ("for the the char"), as well as missing Don Tonberries and reversing the numbers: the multiplier for 7 was 10x, 8 was 20x, and 10 was 10x (or 100x for Don). Also, the second answer is The End, Selphie's limit break, which will one-shot Omega Weapon or any one of Ultimecia's stages if used. Odin conventionally does not summon for bosses due to special scripting, and the only notable example was Seifer in Final Fantasy 8, with memorable consequences.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by reaper nova View Post
    Oh what do you know lol go back to play skyward sword lol i never liked insta-kill moves lol
    I will have you know i am a massive FF fan.

Hehehe.

So what in you opinion is a good final fantasy for people new to the genre

Thanks

oohh damn those numbers lol and you didn't really specilize a game with the insta death because i know in ff 7 you can use the death by lvl to kill so bosses (found that out by mistake) just like the had berserk mode in seven when you characters hp and mp equal 7777 and 777 found that out when i fought the omega weapon.... as for 8 i used a combination of killing a char say squall... revive him witgh a phoenix down, never heal him after that then made sure he had his ultimate limit break, set his evasion to about 63-69% (thank you ultima), kill off the rest of the team and when the batttle starts i just rapidly press cancel thill i got his limit because the limit would go first except if there was a move already started lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    I will have you know i am a massive FF fan.

Hehehe.

So what in you opinion is a good final fantasy for people new to the genre
    In my opinion would have to be ff8 because it's easy to find and the story line and combat system was simple

and the berserk mode was called lucky sevens lol

Not bad, but I think you forgot a word there ("for the the char"), as well as missing Don Tonberries and reversing the numbers: the multiplier for 7 was 10x, 8 was 20x, and 10 was 10x (or 100x for Don). Also, the second answer is The End, Selphie's limit break, which will one-shot Omega Weapon or any one of Ultimecia's stages if used. Odin conventionally does not summon for bosses due to special scripting, and the only notable example was Seifer in Final Fantasy 8, with memorable consequences.
    i posted and forgot to quote so look up lol
    Last edited by Milady; 30th-December-2011 at 02:56.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

as the title assumes i'm here to answer any questions you have for the final fantasy series. I AN EXPERT ON 7,8 & 10 lol ask anything

WHEN WILL FINAL FANTASY XIII-3 BE RELEASED?

Just curious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    WHEN WILL FINAL FANTASY XIII-3 BE RELEASED?

Just curious.
    probally not for little while now lol you should know how square is lol

Thanks
    EP Points

In my opinion would have to be ff8 because it's easy to find and the story line and combat system was simple

and the berserk mode was called lucky sevens lol
    Apart from all the fucking DRAWING

GOD the horrors of Drawing.

Apart from that i love FF8 and to prove it here is 300 credits.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i posted and forgot to quote so look up lol
    There's an edit link you can use to modify your posts if you forgot something like the code for a quote box. That may be useful.

Thanks

Hey, I have a question. Does VIII Kinda suck or is it just me.

This isn't from the most recent experience but let me state my case. This was about 2 years ago, I had just beat FFIX (Right after VII) and loved them both. I loved them because they were just such awesome adventures, from the very beginning to the very end they had me hooked with semi-interesting characters and just overall great personalities to the games. I would give each game about 8.5-9/10 (Just really, really memorably in my mind.)

I then went on to attempt to play VIII. Now I say attempt because I never did complete it... My PS3 actually died on me while I was playing this, in a way where I couldn't transfer my HDD contents to my new PS3 (before they had the fixing options via the firmware as well,) so I lost my save. I was 30 - 40 hours in and I just remember the game being a drag. kinda lifeless feeling in comparison, boring story, got so sick of that school, didn't enjoy talking to the NPCs.. Overall just didn't like it much. Also, the battle system kind of sucked. Drawn out summons as well as useless spell capturing made for easy but boring leveling/battling.

I will try to play it again some time in the future and I have quite a bit more gaming experience so we'll see what I think of it then.
    Last edited by DylanD; 30th-December-2011 at 01:55.

Thanks

probally not for little while now lol you should know how square is lol
    yeah that is very ture except it help to remind me to change my junctions around and thank for the donation.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    Hey, I have a question. Does VIII Kinda suck or is it just me.

This isn't from the most recent experience but let me state my case. This was about 2 years ago, I had just beat FFIX (Right after VII) and loved them both. I loved them because they were just such awesome adventures, from the very beginning to the very end they had me hooked with semi-interesting characters and just overall great personalities to the games. I would give each game about 8.5-9/10 (Just really, really memorably in my mind.)

I then went on to attempt to play VIII. Now I say attempt because I never did complete it... My PS3 actually died on me while I was playing this, in a way where I couldn't transfer my HDD contents to my new PS3 (before they had the fixing options via the firmware as well,) so I lost my save. I was 30 - 40 hours in and I just remember the game being a drag. kinda lifeless feeling in comparison, boring story, got so sick of that school, didn't enjoy talking to the NPCs.. Overall just didn't like it much. Also, the battle system kind of sucked. Drawn out summons as well as useless spell capturing made for easy but boring leveling/battling.

I will try to play it again some time in the future and I have quite a bit more gaming experience so we'll see what I think of it then.
    you see the reason i think you might have felt that way was because of the simplicity in the games mechanics, yeah not a lot happen when you leveled up but the reason for that was because of the junction system they had used to make you stats go a lot higher than hours of grinding could. When most ppl think of an ff game they think of i lvl i get stronger and when i get to the next shop i get a stonger weapon except this wasn't the case at all, level was just like a place maker and shops where for making your weapon not just loosely obtain it because you have the gil. I mean you could actually get the ultimate weapons in the beginning of the game if you put thought into it... I would go back and give it another try and if you would like any pointers just message me and i'll help a fan find their way...
    Last edited by Milady; 30th-December-2011 at 02:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

Odin conventionally does not summon for bosses due to special scripting, and the only notable example was Seifer in Final Fantasy 8, with memorable consequences.
    I know in 7 you could summon Odin for boss battles but it used gunge lance instead of slice and dice (insert real ability name as I have forgotten it.)so you could summon him but no insta-kills 0on bosses(this is in the NTSC-U version other versions may have been different.)

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.