Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pcsx2

Thanks

Default pcsx2

chip: Intel GMA 300
    DirextX: DirectX 11
    CPU: Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 GHz (2CPUs)
    Windows 7 (64 Bit)
    and 2048MB RAM

i am using pcsx2 and would like to know if i put in more ram would it run faster? and if not what do i have to do to make it run faster?

please answer this question thnxs...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes it would, but 2 GB/s of RAM is fine =P but if you can afford 4 GB/s and really want it, go for it. You'll see a change in speeds =]

ALSO What type of graphics card are you using?
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    EP Points

question why are you using a 64 bit operating system if you only have 2 gb of ram?

secondly ram doesnt have major effect on the speed of the emulator only on the operating system, but since your using a 64 bit processor your operating system is gonna be slower since its generally used to use more than 4gb ram, the main thing that the emulator uses is your processor and your graphics card. but since your using a chipset you will notice significant slow downs.

so in short, you will need a graphics card and better processor also i assume your using a laptop correct?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

bennie its not a laptop its a optiplex 745 mini tower

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by zz1anderzz View Post
    bennie its not a laptop its a optiplex 745 mini tower
    The 3 Ghz processor barely meets the requirements. We still need to know your GPU (Graphics card).

Also, like Bennieboi said, you should have more RAM with a 64-bit machine anyways. It will probably not help that much with PCSX2 specifically, however.

In short, adding more RAM will not help PCSX2 all that much, but you should probably have it anyways.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never noticed that

Minimum RAM for a 64-bit operating system is 4 GB/s of RAM so I would get that extra 2 GB/s
    And yes we still need to know the GPU
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

ok its a Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family

Thanks
    EP Points

First, adding more RAM doesn't have any significant effect on PCSX2.
    Second, in order to have good speed, you need to have at least something greater than Intel Pentium D, as well good graphic card, not an integrated chipset.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...on-my-computer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get a new graphics card
    On board INTEL graphics are so bad =/

Thanks

ok well tell me this... can i just put in a new chip? like no new computer just graphics chip?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes =] I recommend you do that than buy a new computer =P unless you really want a new computer. Just make sure you know what graphics cards are compatible first =P

Thanks
    EP Points

Surely you can, but I doubt you can get good graphic card with your current processor, and I'm assuming it was an old motherboard, no?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Surely you can, but I doubt you can get good graphic card with your current processor, and I'm assuming it was an old motherboard, no?
    He can still get a decent card =]
    My computer is older than his =P (Socket A) with an AGP 8x slot and I was able to get a Radeon HD 4670 1GB Card =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Then he should be able to use a low profile card at least, not advised to get more than that due to the PSU limitation.

Thanks
    EP Points

the pcsx2's team testing computer [specs] -> (http://www.youtube.com/user/PCSX2team)

Windows 7 SP1 x64
    Intel Corei5 2500k @ 4,3 GHz
    EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz, 9-9-9-24

basically you'll need a new CPU,GPU, RAM [8 is overkill for most people--you'll do fine with 4, maybe 6 if you really want it]
    unless money is tight, i'd recommend buying* a new computer; especially if you want to emulate PS2/GAMECUBE,XBOX <also with a newer computer you can enjoy the wonders of playing games on a higher setting than "low">

*if you know what you're doing, you can save tons of money by buying all desired components separately and building it [putting it together] yourself.

also that pentium D pc you have...did you buy it from a store or was it a gift?
    Last edited by Archean_0; 7th-January-2012 at 12:49. Reason: added pcsx2's youtube page link for source