Thread: KOTOR Issues

Thanks
    EP Points

Default KOTOR Issues

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, or if this is even appropriate to ask for help about. Please forgive me if I was wrong in assuming on both cases, and move or lock accordingly.

So, a million years ago I downloaded the Gbus edition of KOTOR 1 and 2. I have it happily working on my big clunker of a PC, and all is well on that end; I know the files I downloaded are actually good and they work.

But now I have a new awesome laptop that is more than capable of running it. Problem is, it uses an Intel HD graphics chipset... which is INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE NO-CD HACK. Or, at least that's what I've gathered from the numerous troubleshooters and other forum posts that I slogged through trying to find a way to remedy this. I would really, really love to play these games when ever I please, so a solution to this dilemma (other than "buy the damn game you lazy bum") would be very much welcome!

I only attempted to run KOTOR2, though from what I gather, I would also have issues with KOTOR1. What happens is everything works fine up until the point in KOTOR2 where the prologue is supposed to start. After the movie where you see the Ebon Hawk drifting through space, the screen goes black, and for a moment it looks like it's going to work, when all of a sudden Windows comes up with a "This program has stopped working" error and dumps me back to my desktop.

I am on a Dell PC, with a Intel Core i5 processor, 6 GB of RAM, and... well, I don't know how much HD space left, but I believe I'm just shy of 200 GB. My display adapter is listed as "Intel HD Graphics Family". My OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I had properly followed the installation directions both provided with the game, as well as the directions found at LucasForums, which actually yielded better results, but ultimately led to the same issue.

Thank you all in advance. I could use all the help I could get.
    ~.oO Destiny is SO Overrated Oo.~

Thanks
    EP Points

Dude your not allowed to talk about stuff like games that need NO-CD cracks and stuff.

I think its classed as WAREZ. Although i could be wrong.

Sorry Buddy

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, I'm sorry. I though No-CD hacks were still part of the "debatable" territory.

Please lock in that case.

Thanks
    EP Points

As i said, i could be wrong just letting ya know bro

And in answer i had the same probs and NEVER got it sorted. AND

When i tried to uninstall it wouldnt let me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, see, I was able to uninstall it without any issue. Just running it was the problem.

Stupid integrated graphics. You are the bane of my existence.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know that KOTOR 2 is incompatible, and will be a bitch to get running on anything that is not XP (or maybe 2k).

KOTOR 1, however, should definatly work. (In fact, there was a fix on a couple of different forums saying that you should replace some of the .dll's in KOTOR 2 with the .dll's of the same name form KOTOR 1). Plus, allowing the game through the DEP is integral for playing all older games on Vista/7.
    But everything I said could very well be futile. I had the exact same issue as you, and nothing I found ever worked :/

(Also, for some reason, the crack not being compatible with your GFX card does not sound right, but I could be wrong.)

Finally, if you want to avoind warez, buy KOTOR 1 for $2.50 the nest time it goes on sale on Steam.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 27th-December-2011 at 03:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

I got KOTOR2 working just fine on my Vista machine, but my Vista machine is a desktop with a real graphics card, and the OS is also 32-bit. I've been having nothing but issues trying to get games to run on anything 64-bit. I'd switch, but then lose my 6GB. Considering I also make video games on this thing, I kinda need the RAM.

I'll give KOTOR1 a try on here though. Hopefully I won't have the same issues; I know KOTOR1 is a lot more stable than 2. Nice rush job there guys. b

I found a *possible* fix on another site. If this does work, I'll be happy to assist anyone that needs help with it privately, but no promises as to it working or not.

EDIT: AAAAARGH, I'm about to flip tables at this game. The way I found will *probably* work, but it involves things that I more than likely most definitely cannot discuss on here. I'm getting help elsewhere; perhaps I can post a guide once this works.
    Last edited by SkylaDoragono; 28th-December-2011 at 22:07.