Thread: "Wearing-down" a ROM?! Help!

Thanks

Default "Wearing-down" a ROM?! Help!

Dunno any other way to put it, sorry...

I notice that while running GBA games on my PSP that after a while, the music seems to go a bit wonky, and quivers in and out. What gives? I was really into Metroid: Fusion the other day, and this happened. I never fiddle with the 'settings' screen, that screen frightens me a bit...
    (A couple hours fell off the clock while I was playing, does length of time have something to do with this, or?)

Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What emulator are you using?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I think its called 'Kai GBA', or similar. The icon is blue, if that helps...

Thanks
    EP Points

gp_SP Kai? Is it in Japanese?

Honestly, it sounds like the emulator just has prolems emulating those parts of the game, it probably has nothing to do with the ROM.

"Fiddling" (don't be scared, it's not a bomb) may very well fix the problem. I can't give any specifics because I have not really used that emulator, but generally there is a quick fix. Trial and error, my firend.

EDIT:
    And it would be a good idea to Google some of the things on the settings screen, that should speed up the process. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 24th-December-2011 at 01:28.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Supreme Warrior Guest

i just remembered, your Mem stick could start dying as well, thats always a possibility.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    i just remembered, your Mem stick could start dying as well, thats always a possibility.
    No need to scare him with the worst-case scenario . We can probably assume it is just a compatibility issue.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 24th-December-2011 at 01:29.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, guys. Yeah, seems to be a silly 'emulator issue', nothing more. (If I re-boot a given ROM, everything plays just FINE, so...)

As far as the Magic Stick dying, nahhh, dont think thats the case. I have a pile of these in the works via an E-Bay seller, but have been side-tracked due to the Holidays......gotta get on the ball....more mem. = more games....

Thanks again for the aide -

Thanks
    EP Points

get gpsp, and get the bios file from emu paradise bios section. All the games work absolutely great for me even when the battery is extremely low.