Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vita is already hacked!

Thanks

My wife wants one of these BADLY, I dunno, though...

It looks like a beauty of a powerhouse, for sure, but what about the downloading/'Sony Store' aspects? Maybe I dont fully grasp the stats, but doesnt it lack any sort of disc/cart port? ...Doesnt it operate on totally 'downloadable content'?

Not sure if I'm ready to plunk down for it, just yet...

Whats the price of this latest PSP? ...I'm assuming $200-$300?

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    My wife wants one of these BADLY, I dunno, though...

It looks like a beauty of a powerhouse, for sure, but what about the downloading/'Sony Store' aspects? Maybe I dont fully grasp the stats, but doesnt it lack any sort of disc/cart port? ...Doesnt it operate on totally 'downloadable content'?

Not sure if I'm ready to plunk down for it, just yet...

Whats the price of this latest PSP? ...I'm assuming $200-$300?
    $100

Thanks

I've read the entire thread, and I wanna straighten some things out

- The prices for the Vita are $250 for the wifi version, and $300 for the 3G, which will be carried on a data plan by AT&T in the US and by it's Canadian affiliate Rogers.

-I have a Photoflash microSD to PRO DUO adapter, and it has never worked, even on reformated microSD's.

-The Vita uses the Memory Stick micro, NOT the PRO DUO. Same price, but different size.

-The Vita also uses a new SD card-sized cartridge format. You can see a sketch of it on it's Wikipedia page.

And on the topic of this thread, I think hackers should go at it from day 1, but should wait to report anything and lull dumb Sony into believing they made a hack-proof system, then release their findings.

Hope I helped.

Thanks
    EP Points

Even if Sony tries to fix the exploit, they'll probably make another flaw that will be easy to exploit anyway. It never seems to fail with their systems; they end up hacked apart eventually.

Anyway, even if it does end up easily hacked, I'm not picking one up until some of the games I've been eyeballing get English releases.
    ~.oO Destiny is SO Overrated Oo.~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Everything is hacked apart eventually... if enough people bother to look at it.

Thanks

I see this thing fetching $400+ on E-Bay - WTF?! Hoping that these prices reflect the fever-pitch 'newness' mentality, 'cause at $400 for a portable, thats feckin insane...

I can grab various PSP models at $30-$70 a pop, so at over $400, this 'Vita' device had better be equipped to make me a hot breakfast and give me a handy-j .......wow....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    give me a handy-j .......wow....
    You've got your wife for that, ya git.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace99 View Post
    I've read the entire thread, and I wanna straighten some things out

- The prices for the Vita are $250 for the wifi version, and $300 for the 3G, which will be carried on a data plan by AT&T in the US and by it's Canadian affiliate Rogers.
    Well I know for a fact I am not getting 3G. Rogers loves ripping people off. I remember when the announced at E3 that in the states it the plan would be carried by AT&T and I heard a few silent groans.

I really don't know about the Vita anymore. It looks cool and all but I am looking at it from a marketing stand point and I just don't find that huge amounts of people will dish out money for a download only console. Especially not parents, which to mention the DS was so successful because of it's accessibility, of course the 3DS has similar problems.

I feel like Vita will be a more successful PSP GO.

I guess I should explain why find that the downloading is the problem. Okay chances are they will have a points system and they will have the credit card option. I have the choice of taking my time to go to a store to go by a card come back type the code and wait for a download(depending on the internet speed it can take a while or it wont) or I can give my credit card information, but fear another hack like the last one which, I just can't trust a company that won't handle such a situation maturely and responsibly.

Not only that, I don't quiet understand their download system but the games sound extremely easily to pirate. But hey they might of done something(Hackers will find a loophole).

I guess my arguments are kinda ridiculous but these are ridiculous opinions xP.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kajalamorth View Post
    a download only console.
    It's not a download only console. It has two card slots, one for save files, music and video (like PSP) and one for games (like NDS).

Thanks
    EP Points

I was about to say YEESH~

And then I saw the "it's probably psp stuff running on the vita"

Then I was "dun' care, it'll probably help hack it later"

and then I saw the freezing problem, and was like "... I hope they lower the price for this..."

Anyways, don't care whatever disgrace befalls the vita, I'm getting one just because it's sony, and there'll be the exclusives waiting for me.

And also, there's a "multiuse" port. No way there won't be a usb cable to transfer images and music to the storage media BESIDES taking it away and plugging it at the pc.

... Btw, is there any micro memory stick adapter to micro sd?
    Last edited by yanazake; 28th-December-2011 at 11:19.
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    Btw, is there any micro memory stick adapter to micro sd?
    Not yet...