Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im a newb please help (playing PSX games on PS2 console)

Thanks

Default Im a newb please help (playing PSX games on PS2 console)

Greetings All!! this is officially my first post...

anyway... i dont know why but im missing to play FF8 now but i lodt the CDs...

I have a PS2 console that can play copy CDs of PS1 ...

so basically i would love to download this -> http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...isc_1%29/52207

but i dont know if it can be burned to CDs and play on my console... any thing i should know of? i want to play them on PS2 and not on PC... i really hope someone can teach me the process ...

Thats all i want to know and Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Greetings, hope you enjoy the forum!

About burning psx isos to CDs, all I can say is that you should try to use "Alcohol 120%".
    It has some options on how the isos should be burned, and two of them are labeled "Playstation" and "Playstation 2". Sounds easy? It's basically that easy.

If you burn it with other programs [nero was an example for me back then] the game might not work even in a psx console.

Other than that, there are ways to just run the iso directly from an HDD, but that'sw not the point, right? =p [I never did that myself anyway, so XD]
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

Thanks

So have u tried the alcohol 120% to burn and it works? I will give it a try.. Btw a normal cd-r would do ryte?

Anyway thanks for the heads up the first impression of this forum is inviting, i like it!!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 15th-December-2011 at 17:34. Reason: posts merged

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    So have u tried the alcohol 120% to burn and it works? I will give it a try.. Btw a normal cd-r would do ryte?

Anyway thanks for the heads up the first impression of this forum is inviting, i like it!!
    i personally use imgburn i have not had a single problem with it but its all down to personal preference at the end of the day , as for what types of cd's you should i recommend buying Verbatim they are by far the best brand you can buy, they are not all that expensive for the quality that you get aswell
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

So IMGburn works for ps1 games too? Good to know... But I really preffer the options on Alcohol, and it really seems easier.

And yep, Any cdr works fine, but a good brand makes it last longer. I usually prefer to use Smartbuy ones, but I want to take a look at those verbatims Bennieboy20 mentioned.
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yuo download and use imgburn from here http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

When you say your ps2 can play copys. how is this?

Is your ps2 Chipped or does it use FreeMcboot from its mem card.

Thanks

Well i dont know what u mean by chipped but i guess thats it because when i bought it the shop said that the ps2 is already modded so it can play any games that is sold on copy dvds.. And yes i can play any games no need to purchase the original dvd to play.. I hope im explaining correctly dis tym..okay so i just dwnloaded alcohol..wich one is it imgburn or alcohol? I would give that Verbatim a go tho

Thanks
    EP Points

just choose which you like best.

Personally i think Imgburn is better to use but its your call.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darklinky For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just go with IMGburn it's free and it just works on default settings, the only thing I would change in it would be the burning speed

www.imgburn.com

The issue here is not in the burning but the extracting, the game is compressed so must be extracted, if you don't already have the software to do this I recomend 7-zip for this again another free software

www.7-zip.org

The next thing is to unecm the file

The page you get the game from also has a link to ecmtools that includes unecm

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...3#post1187003j

ust drag the ecm file over unecm and it will output a bin file (included should be a cue file (if not though let me know))

The cue file is what you burn the CD image with

(P.S. this version of Final Fantasy is copy protected so you do require a patch for it or you can get the NTSC version if your TV/Video cable can handle NTSC output, normally an RGB scart can fix that (Not to be confused with a scart converter))
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-December-2011 at 22:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Omg that is so confusing, i thought i just immediately burn the iso after being extracted, ok i will go for imgburn but if its possible can you teach me step by step processes before i burn it using imgburn and all the necessary tools needed? Starting from

1. Download complete
    2. Extract the file
    3. ?

Until final steps would be open imgburn change into lowest speed and burn

Thanks for all the helps btw, my ps2 last time can play all regions game whether they are pal/ntsc .. I dont really understand about u mention the ntsc part tho but ill just give this a try
    3. ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Omg that is so confusing, i thought i just immediately burn the iso after being extracted, ok i will go for imgburn but if its possible can you teach me step by step processes before i burn it using imgburn and all the necessary tools needed? Starting from

1. Download complete
    2. Extract the file
    3. ?

Until final steps would be open imgburn change into lowest speed and burn

Thanks for all the helps btw, my ps2 last time can play all regions game whether they are pal/ntsc .. I dont really understand about u mention the ntsc part tho but ill just give this a try
    3. ?
    3. Burn the stuff inside the file.

And for your information, pal/ntsc is the format of what your tv can handle. So if you live in Europe then your tv can support pal only but if you live in North America, then your tv only support ntsc.
    Quite surprising when you said that your console can support both format.

Thanks

okay im sorry i dont understand certain things.. that is why im telling im a newb... anyway thanks for the heads up... well after extracting the file it is .ecm file... the above poster suggest me to unecm it first before burning it..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Just go with IMGburn it's free and it just works on default settings, the only thing I would change in it would be the burning speed

www.imgburn.com

The issue here is not in the burning but the extracting, the game is compressed so must be extracted, if you don't already have the software to do this I recomend 7-zip for this again another free software

www.7-zip.org

The next thing is to unecm the file

The page you get the game from also has a link to ecmtools that includes unecm

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...3#post1187003j

ust drag the ecm file over unecm and it will output a bin file (included should be a cue file (if not though let me know))

The cue file is what you burn the CD image with

(P.S. this version of Final Fantasy is copy protected so you do require a patch for it or you can get the NTSC version if your TV/Video cable can handle NTSC output, normally an RGB scart can fix that (Not to be confused with a scart converter))
    okay... i used the pakkISO and unecm the file it gives out the .bin file only, there is no cue file should i burn the .bin file? or what?

so i just burn the .bin file using imgburn and the operation successful but when i put the cd in disc tray and open.. nothing is inside is this normal??
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2011 at 06:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

Like I said don't unecm anything.
    You just have to unecm it if you wanna play on emulator.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    If you wanna burn it up, just burn all the thing inside the file onto a blank disc.
    Then, go play it on your ps2.

Thanks
    EP Points

so i just burn the .bin file using imgburn and the operation successful but when i put the cd in disc tray and open.. nothing is inside is this normal??
    you need to patch the game and burn via a cue file if I can't help you zorlon should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    If you wanna burn it up, just burn all the thing inside the file onto a blank disc.
    sorry to inform you but you are very mistaken as ecm is another form of compression (to get the file size down smaller than 7zip is able and to make for a smaller faster upload.) he will indeed have to un-ecm the file.

here is a link to the patch
    http://crimson.emuparadise.org/zorlo...English%5D.zip

it is recommended to use p-pf-omatic to patch the file
    link to ppfomatic
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd...pf-o-matic.cfm
    link to
    simple cue sheet I made
    zorlon can look at the cue to make sure I done it right this is my first attempt at making one so i don't know if it is right.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Knightshade; 16th-December-2011 at 05:28.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    just burn it even tho it ends with .ecm? so should i burn it as data disc or what?