Thread: How do I unpack the rar files in a iso for pcsx2 so I can play them?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How do I unpack the rar files in a iso for pcsx2 so I can play them?

Hi! I'm a newbie. I have had success with the easy to use nes, snes, and mame emulators from emuparadise....but now I have the pcsx2 0.9.8 emulator and I downloaded summoner in 4 rar files...my question is ...now what? I downloaded the rar files into the memcards folder. I unrared the first file with jzip which has been working great. I unpacked the first file into the memcards folder where it created another file with a file named "Summoner" and a text file from emuparadise. Then I open the "summoner" file and there are a bunch of files with names like pdx-smnr.r00 then pdx-smnr.r01 and so on and so forth. Then at the bottom there is a file called pdx-smnr and it says its a RAR file. So i unpack that and there is a .bin file the iso file in pcsx2 finally recognises. Before it was "no files found." There are still 3 other parts to this and I have no idea how to unpack and put these files together to make it playable can someone please help or direct me to a thread that will instruct on how to to this??

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't need to unpack the other 3.

When you did the first one it joined all 4 files into one image.

Just run the .bin with PCSX2 and you're good to go.

Hope you have a damn good PC or you will be playing games in slow motion.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wyrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey thanks! Got it goin, graphics look great!, got through the control tutorial in the game and then!....and then!.....and then I was jumping along like I just got off apollo 13 at the lunar landing Its slow motion like you said...I will post my pc info but I'm not at MY computer right now. I set up the emulator just like the tutorial by Tezuka101 Thread: [GUIDE][PCSX2] How to Setup and Speed Up PCSX2 9.7/9.8 said to. The screen shots were very helpful. So is there anything to be done in speed hacks or is this the end of the line for me? I set up the speed hacks just like in the tutorial so thats where I'm at right now. If you have any suggested changes that might help I would surely appreciate it. I have a toshiba satellite a505-s6569 with a intel centrino dual2 core processor.....4G ram....thats all I can remember from memory....anyways thank you very much for taking the time Wyrm!

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...on-my-computer I saw on this thread by Meganova that I have the recommended processor the intel core 2 duo but he recommends at 3.2Ghz or faster. Mine is 2.00Ghz. Is this my problem? Also I have a ATI Radeon 4500 and he recommends a ATI Radeon 4750 or better. Lastly he recommends windows vista 32/64 at 1GB system memory. I have that but at 4GB. Am I really far off the mark here? Sorry I'm still trying to get the hang of this. I'm having fun though
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 9th-December-2011 at 22:47. Reason: Double post

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I cannot help with that, but if you have a real ps2 you can play downloded games.

Using FreeMcboot you can download and burn your games and play em in a PS2.

If you do check this thread to get you up and running

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...lation-Service

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Darklinky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by collinsman View Post
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...on-my-computer I saw on this thread by Meganova that I have the recommended processor the intel core 2 duo but he recommends at 3.2Ghz or faster. Mine is 2.00Ghz. Is this my problem? Also I have a ATI Radeon 4500 and he recommends a ATI Radeon 4750 or better. Lastly he recommends windows vista 32/64 at 1GB system memory. I have that but at 4GB. Am I really far off the mark here? Sorry I'm still trying to get the hang of this. I'm having fun though
    you are correct your processor and your graphics card is the problem, although the numbers dont seem that far off it reality your using really under par equipment to emulate a PS2 im afraid, the intel centrino you mention is a laptop correct? if so you will find that it is extremely difficult on your current hardware we generally recommend playing on a desktop computer as the laptop will over heat extremely quickly otherwise, its a very demanding system to emulate but as darklinky said we offer a service to install something to your memory card so that you can play burnt games on your ps2
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I'm sorry to hear that too LOL! Dang. Yes it is a laptop. It does help to have an official answer though I really appreciate that and I've learned a ton in this pcsx2 endeavor and from you guys- Wyrm, Darklinky,Bennieboi20. I am definatly going to try downloading and burning so I can play on my PS2! Hope you dont mind if I tap your guys knowledge again with the download and burn option if I get in a jam. Again thanks!

Oh yhea, is their any trick to uninstalling pcsx2? Or do I just delete the files? Its not gonna work so I just wanna get rid of it. My next computer is gonna be a desk top for sure. Any one have any success stories on convincing their wives of letting them get a new computer? Any magic words or phrases???
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 9th-December-2011 at 22:48. Reason: Double post

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh yhea, is their any trick to uninstalling pcsx2? Or do I just delete the files? Its not gonna work so I just wanna get rid of it.
    Yeah, just delete the files. If there's no uninstaller, that means there's no need for one.
    Any magic words or phrases???
    please?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I'm sorry to hear that too LOL! Dang. Yes it is a laptop. It does help to have an official answer though I really appreciate that and I've learned a ton in this pcsx2 endeavor and from you guys- Wyrm, Darklinky,Bennieboi20. I am definatly going to try downloading and burning so I can play on my PS2! Hope you dont mind if I tap your guys knowledge again with the download and burn option if I get in a jam. Again thanks!

Oh yhea, is their any trick to uninstalling pcsx2? Or do I just delete the files? Its not gonna work so I just wanna get rid of it. My next computer is gonna be a desk top for sure. Any one have any success stories on convincing their wives of letting them get a new computer? Any magic words or phrases???
    it depends on some things, are you looking to build your own pc or buy one new? if the former im personally a big AMD fan only problem is is that you cannot use the other SSE modes above 2, but i have no problems with that, if your looking to just buy a PC new im not really sure as ive built my own from scratch, i suppose i could do some looking around for you
    also a word of advice try not to double post just use the edit button on the bottom left of your post =]
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    it depends on some things, are you looking to build your own pc or buy one new? if the former im personally a big AMD fan only problem is is that you cannot use the other SSE modes above 2, but i have no problems with that, if your looking to just buy a PC new im not really sure as ive built my own from scratch, i suppose i could do some looking around for you
    also a word of advice try not to double post just use the edit button on the bottom left of your post =]
    Hey, I appreciate that! I'm trying to become more of a gear head but building my own computer seems way out of my league LOL! Oh and thanks for the double post tip dude hehehe, I'll make sure to use the edit button....soooo many buttons Oh! and @Gezegond- I'm screwed arent I LOL! Hey what could it hurt! I'll say please
    Last edited by collinsman; 9th-December-2011 at 23:43.

Thanks

Hey all brand new here. I have no experience running emulations on my computer My question is to a similar problem so I thought I would just hijack this thread for a second. I downloaded and installed pcsx2 and one game. the first time I unzipped the file it tried to open using my unregistered version of PowerIso. When I try to run the game a get a "file not found" error. I deleted the img of the game and re-unzipped the file using 7zip and pretty much get the same thing. I can't fiqure out what the culprit is. Is the file corrupted? Is there a problem with my confiqurations? (I've read a dozed threads about this and tried about a hundred combinations). Is my computer so much a pos that I can't even get the game to run? (I find this unlikely as I was able to at least run it on my very old 700 dollar laptop I got from radioshack way back when, albeit very slowly). Any ideas? I'm running an Intel Core(TM) i3 @ 2.27 Ghz with an Nvidia Geforce 310M. Looking at the list or recommended hardware I can't fiqure out where mine fits in exactly. I'm not very computer savvy. lol I realize though that if I could run it I wouldn't be able to run it very well, I just want to know if it should be running at all. lol I'm trying to come to terms with my lack of intelligence before I deal with my cruddy equipment. Thanks!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BHoppen01 View Post
    Hey all brand new here. I have no experience running emulations on my computer My question is to a similar problem so I thought I would just hijack this thread for a second. I downloaded and installed pcsx2 and one game. the first time I unzipped the file it tried to open using my unregistered version of PowerIso. When I try to run the game a get a "file not found" error. I deleted the img of the game and re-unzipped the file using 7zip and pretty much get the same thing. I can't fiqure out what the culprit is. Is the file corrupted? Is there a problem with my confiqurations? (I've read a dozed threads about this and tried about a hundred combinations). Is my computer so much a pos that I can't even get the game to run? (I find this unlikely as I was able to at least run it on my very old 700 dollar laptop I got from radioshack way back when, albeit very slowly). Any ideas? I'm running an Intel Core(TM) i3 @ 2.27 Ghz with an Nvidia Geforce 310M. Looking at the list or recommended hardware I can't fiqure out where mine fits in exactly. I'm not very computer savvy. lol I realize though that if I could run it I wouldn't be able to run it very well, I just want to know if it should be running at all. lol I'm trying to come to terms with my lack of intelligence before I deal with my cruddy equipment. Thanks!
    Your out of luck your machine is a lil on the low side so PS2 emulation is going to be too slow to be at any playable speed

Dreamcast and Wii/Gamecube maybe... but not PS2

Personly I have all those consoles though and just play my backups on them directly soft mods for PS2 and Wii no mod needed for Dreamcast , the cube I don't realy use but I have an old soft mod on that aswell

Even just going with PSX emulation there are tons of great games open for you to play

Alot of Arcade games systems are also emulated and alot don't require super high end comps to run, some games do though

There are planty of things emulated that are worth playing with and with beter campat than PS2 emulation
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-December-2011 at 00:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah I figured as much. lol I'm just trying to figure out if the reason why the game won't play is the game file or my emulator configuration. I knew it wouldn't run great. The only reason I'm trying to download it is because of a couple of specific games I want to play. I always have my handy dandy PS3 to keep me occupied. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BHoppen01 View Post
    Yeah I figured as much. lol I'm just trying to figure out if the reason why the game won't play is the game file or my emulator configuration. I knew it wouldn't run great. The only reason I'm trying to download it is because of a couple of specific games I want to play. I always have my handy dandy PS3 to keep me occupied. lol
    This tutorial helped me with my set up of psx2 0.9.8

[GUIDE][PCSX2] How to Setup and Speed Up PCSX2 9.7/9.8 I got Summoner for playstation to play but it was real slow due to my comp bein subpar. But Zorlon is right, I got nes, super nintendo, nintendo 64, and the mame emulators to work great. Also Kawaks is a great emulator for arcade neogeo games and runs great with what I have! I know it sucks! LOL! I really wanted to use the pcsx2 emu too! But I'm gonna give this softmod thing a try. You should too. Zorlon and Darklinky know what they are talkin' bout so I'm sure it works. Sticky: (PS2) Free MCBoot (FMCB) Installation Service This is the link on these forums to check it out. Have fun!

Crap. I just noticed copy and pasting the links doesnt work...sorry you should still be able to find them. Im not sure how to post a clickable link.....I did it earlier but I'm not sure how LOL!

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...lation-Service

There is the link for the service. lol

Yeah i love my softed PS2.

You could also do it if you have a copy of 007 Agent under fire (has to be retail copy) This negates the need to send your mem card away by installing it yourself.

If you have a copy of the game and need more info gimme a shout.

Actually i think i am going to post a guide to doing it.

Guide Created

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...15#post1394615
    Last edited by Darklinky; 10th-December-2011 at 07:16.