Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exclusively at GameStop....Xenoblade?!

Thanks
    EP Points

Well i dont know about gamestop, being in the uk. But surely it cannot be THAT bad.....can it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Well i dont know about gamestop, being in the uk. But surely it cannot be THAT bad.....can it?
    Yeah, they are truly indignant, man....read the endless accounts on the internet..

I have several personal issues with them, both as a former customer and having friends that have worked for them. Their 'credo' that they drill into their employees' heads, coupled with their Gestapo-like buying/selling policies, help to steer me far away. Just think: McDonalds with a trade-in program; same level of service, same company credo, and the same employee-base.

Stop by sometime and watch the frustrated and angry housewife staring nervously at the 'cashier' as he stares back at her, void of emotion, looking like 'Milton' from 'Office Space'!
    Better still, maybe you can spot the horde of 12-year-old hoodies that are all gathered to 'sell' their games back at a TENTH of what GS sells 'em for!
    ($30 game two weeks ago? NO sweat, GS will give ya $4 for it - STORE CREDIT! WINNAH!)

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think this will actually be gamestop exclusive. Remember Adventures to Go! for the PSP? It was supposed to be a Gamestop exclusive, but I've found copies at KMart, Walmart and Target.

Also, I'm just glad it's coming to NA. I've been thinking of importing it.

Finally, GS can be bad, I agree, but noone says you HAVE to sell your games to them. Sure their trade-in program sucks, but there are others out there (Amazon, BB, pawn shops, eBay, CL). People just like convenience, and they sacrifice a fair price for being able to just go to one store, sell their stuff, and buy a new game. GS enables this mentality and that's why they're still around.

Supreme Warrior Guest

well if you want a place that gives you seriously awesome cash and credit, go check out eStarland, you need to send the games to them through the mail and they must not have any visible scuffs or scratches, Quality Games store after all unlike SOME place we all know and hate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battousai View Post
    I don't think this will actually be gamestop exclusive. Remember Adventures to Go! for the PSP? It was supposed to be a Gamestop exclusive, but I've found copies at KMart, Walmart and Target.

Also, I'm just glad it's coming to NA. I've been thinking of importing it.

Finally, GS can be bad, I agree, but noone says you HAVE to sell your games to them. Sure their trade-in program sucks, but there are others out there (Amazon, BB, pawn shops, eBay, CL). People just like convenience, and they sacrifice a fair price for being able to just go to one store, sell their stuff, and buy a new game. GS enables this mentality and that's why they're still around.
    Well, of course - If you dont LIKE it, dont SHOP there. The same could be said for watching a woman have 'sex' with a horse, though...heh...I dont personally WANT to see that, so I DONT look!
    (Still in all, though, both are pretty nasty!)
    Not sure how the GSs run near you, but around here, they give FAR less towards trade-ins than any other retailer I have seen, on-line or otherwise. I have called around for price quotes on some of our higher-end stuff, and have literally BUSTED-OUT laughing in the person's ear after hearing some of their 'quotes'.

There is a place near here, 'Disc Replay', and they are cool enough. It is a chain place, though you wouldnt know it. You are free to haggle, curse, and get over it, and the employee atmosphere is more like someones' garage than a sterile, robotic environment. (GS) They also give FAR more than GS or any other local spots, and because I regularly (bribe?) bring in homemade treats and bottled drinks for the employees, (fellow stoners?) I typically get my stuff for 20-70% lower than other folks.
    (Grabbed Castlevania: Rondo of Blood for PSP, newish and with manual, for $3.50...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    Well, of course - If you dont LIKE it, dont SHOP there. The same could be said for watching a woman have 'sex' with a horse, though...heh...I dont personally WANT to see that, so I DONT look!
    (Still in all, though, both are pretty nasty!)
    Not sure how the GSs run near you, but around here, they give FAR less towards trade-ins than any other retailer I have seen, on-line or otherwise. I have called around for price quotes on some of our higher-end stuff, and have literally BUSTED-OUT laughing in the person's ear after hearing some of their 'quotes'.

There is a place near here, 'Disc Replay', and they are cool enough. It is a chain place, though you wouldnt know it. You are free to haggle, curse, and get over it, and the employee atmosphere is more like someones' garage than a sterile, robotic environment. (GS) They also give FAR more than GS or any other local spots, and because I regularly (bribe?) bring in homemade treats and bottled drinks for the employees, (fellow stoners?) I typically get my stuff for 20-70% lower than other folks.
    (Grabbed Castlevania: Rondo of Blood for PSP, newish and with manual, for $3.50...)

The only time I've ever traded in anything at GS was when I bought someone's PS2 "collection". Manuals were missing, discs were scratched up and all this other hoopla that I didn't want to deal with. He did have some good games in good condition, but the rest of it was garbage. I went to GS, they took every single one except the hot coffee version of GTA. They were having a 50% additional bonus for trading in so many games, and since I was a card holder, an additional 20% on that. So I got rid of all of the garbage and got something out of it.

I've never traded anything to them since then though, I know I won't get anything for my games, which I take care of.

Thanks

Moral message: GameSlop blows.

Go to Craigslist, yard sales, car boot sales, auction houses, estate sales, junk heaps, fleas, E-Bay, friends, cool 'older collectors' like ME that dont mind helping a budding collector (noob),.....HELL, go to the local CRACK-house before you decide to bend-over for GS...ughhh..

GameSlob dumbassery Ex. 234: A local GS sells their PS2 games at $3-$30 each, depending on title and/or how much of a wanker the 'clerk' decides to be that day. DEAD-across the street, less than a block away, a mom-and-pops pawn broker sells *any* PS2 game for a set $3.00 each.....which place do think that I get my PS2 games from? Hurrrpy Durrrrpy DOOO....

UNRELATE

I'll tell ya, if I dont get to play this 'Drake's Fortune' game fairly soon, I'm going to nail my nutsack to the friggin wall...

Thanks

I really liked the game and may pick up a copy. Just loved the environment a ton, great exploring, cool character/monster designs and epic story (toward the end...)

Also, I hate gamestop so that is definitely a bummer. Happy to see that everyone on here hates them too because when I tell people about my rage in the flesh they never seem to quite understand.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Personally, I hate gamestop. They've flat out /lied/ to me, just to get a game preorder. However, I'm glad that this is launching at $50. Games need to find their way back down to that pricepoint.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    Moral message: GameSlop blows.

Go to Craigslist, yard sales, car boot sales, auction houses, estate sales, junk heaps, fleas, E-Bay, friends, cool 'older collectors' like ME that dont mind helping a budding collector (noob),.....HELL, go to the local CRACK-house before you decide to bend-over for GS...ughhh..

GameSlob dumbassery Ex. 234: A local GS sells their PS2 games at $3-$30 each, depending on title and/or how much of a wanker the 'clerk' decides to be that day. DEAD-across the street, less than a block away, a mom-and-pops pawn broker sells *any* PS2 game for a set $3.00 each.....which place do think that I get my PS2 games from? Hurrrpy Durrrrpy DOOO....
    All the pawn shops here price games individually. Gamestop's ps2 game prices for the most part are decent.

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    Personally, I hate gamestop. They've flat out /lied/ to me, just to get a game preorder. However, I'm glad that this is launching at $50. Games need to find their way back down to that pricepoint.
    Yeah I'm not a fan either, for various reasons. I rambled about some stuff awhile ago in some gamestop hate thread, don't really care to repeat most of my stories.

Anyway, also agreed that games should be back at $50. GH @ $30 is also weak sauce.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can still order this game from Nintendo's online store, I believe.

Thanks

Wow, guys. I work at GameStop, and it's seriously not that bad.

I can fully admit that some "exclusives" are shit, but not all of them. Not every release is something that'll interest you, but you don't have to bash.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ocdroxxor View Post
    Wow, guys. I work at GameStop, and it's seriously not that bad.

I can fully admit that some "exclusives" are shit, but not all of them. Not every release is something that'll interest you, but you don't have to bash.
    We do have to bash, it IS that bad at gamestop.

I remember one of the stories i was told, gamestop got rid of a alot games and didnt want anyone using them so they got the discs and broke um in half, luckily some stuff was still salvageable, was told this from a family member.

thats how much of assholes they are.

Thanks
    EP Points

I really think a lot of this depends on the specific store. As a company Gamestop is probably pretty shitty but I don't believe every single one of their stores is horrible. The two or three I've visited haven't been all that bad, at least.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I really think a lot of this depends on the specific store. As a company Gamestop is probably pretty shitty but I don't believe every single one of their stores is horrible. The two or three I've visited haven't been all that bad, at least.
    M local store is way better than the ones I've been to elsewhere, very nice staff that don't bug you for subscriptions and usually know their stuff.