Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Exclusively at GameStop....Xenoblade?!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Because the person in question seems so miserable to be working there.

Get off your high horse, not every GameStop is Satan-incarnate.
    every one I've been to which have been several is Satan incarnate with the trying to rip off their customers let's be honest about the reasons they keep the games behind the counter it's not about theft it's more about dumbasses that feel pressured with aline behind them so they don't look at the disc and find out they are getting a scratched up P.O.S.

And I never said he was miserable like most Gamestop employees he has been brainwashed and thinks they can do no wrong
    I said I'm sorry for him cause IMO his job sucks I would rather follow the elephants around at the circus
    and wished him luck on finding a decent job again because in my opinion his is not one.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    every one I've been to which have been several is Satan incarnate with the trying to rip off their customers let's be honest about the reasons they keep the games behind the counter it's not about theft it's more about dumbasses that feel pressured with aline behind them so they don't look at the disc and find out they are getting a scratched up P.O.S.

And I never said he was miserable like most Gamestop employees he has been brainwashed and thinks they can do no wrong
    I said I'm sorry for him cause IMO his job sucks I would rather follow the elephants around at the circus
    and wished him luck on finding a decent job again because in my opinion his is not one.
    Ah yes, let us extensively debate the pros and cons of the malevolent corporate behemoth who actively seeks to exploit us in our noble quest to purchase magical shiny discs and sit in front of the television pushing buttons. Truly they are the Sephiroth to my Cloud; Aeris little more than a well used DVD case trapped betwixt us, crumpled and sold to me in unsatisfactory condition. Gather round and I shall reveal exactly why your job makes you a subhuman puppet as I waggle my joystick and the shiny armoured knight decapitates the fire orc, frolicking joyfully amidst an orgy of blood and bleep bloop noises.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cosmic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gare again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cosmic again.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm hoping that Gaming Generations makes it big. From what I have seen they are a lot cooler than GS.

Thanks

> Only places that will sell it are big evil Nintendo and big evil Gamestop
    figures

Thanks

I vote for the chain 'Disc Replay'. The three locations that I have done business with have all been manned by very cool folks.

I'm sure, though, as is the 'corporate model', this lovely chain will eventually become GameSlop. I'm sure at one point that even WalMart was a decent shopping experience before they became a MEGA-conglom. Hell, back in the late 70s/early 80s, we used to go to K-Mart for 'all-you-can-eat fried chicken' and orange drinks. The employees seemed genuinely kind and content, and the whole atmosphere was far warmer than you would see these days. I clearly remember various employees guiding my sisters and I through the electronics/toy depts....they were very helpful, and actually seemed to give a shit.....go figure, eh?

Paying a slave wage and treating your employees like shit creates a GRAND atmosphere of sterling service and customer compassion - its the American Way!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I've never had an issue at Gamestop, and they've always been one of the better stores to deal with for me. Never pushy, never troublesome, even when I asked for difficult things (like a copy of SMT: Nocturne back before the reprint, when it was still pretty tough to find locally). Even buying used, they'd pick out a good-quality copy of the game rather than throwing in whatever trash they had. I wouldn't sell a game there, but I'd buy.
    Same here. Never had a problem with them. The people were always honest with me. Even had to bit of code with them - If I ask if a game is any good and they smile and say yes while rolling their eyes, I knew the game was actually crap because the person had to lie and didn't want to get into trouble. The eye roll was the real indicator. One guy wrote out a chart for Final Fantasy XIII - hours played vs. hours watching long ass cut scenes.

GradyWilson - Agreed. Their trade-in policy royally sucks. Half the time an used game doesn't even get 1/3 the original price.

Thanks

Any reason why?
    Living life without doing what you want, now that's just a recipe for misery

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Ah yes, let us extensively debate the pros and cons of the malevolent corporate behemoth who actively seeks to exploit us in our noble quest to purchase magical shiny discs and sit in front of the television pushing buttons. Truly they are the Sephiroth to my Cloud; Aeris little more than a well used DVD case trapped betwixt us, crumpled and sold to me in unsatisfactory condition. Gather round and I shall reveal exactly why your job makes you a subhuman puppet as I waggle my joystick and the shiny armoured knight decapitates the fire orc, frolicking joyfully amidst an orgy of blood and bleep bloop noises.
    Oh my aren't you the clever boy.

ugh @ this thread

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Circle Pad Pro...Exclusively at Gamestop!

XD

Yup, It has been confirmed that the Circle Pad Pro will also be exclusively at gamestop...

I'd put a link, but the 3DS has no copy/paste option.

Anyway, who's ready for the circle pad pro to have a jammed R2 button?...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    XD

Yup, It has been confirmed that the Circle Pad Pro will also be exclusively at gamestop...

I'd put a link, but the 3DS has no copy/paste option.

Anyway, who's ready for the circle pad pro to have a jammed R2 button?...
    I'm not too broken up about it. I'll just wait to the next hardware revision rather than buying an awkward peripheral.
    Last edited by TheRealSpiders; 14th-December-2011 at 16:09.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    I'm not to broken up about it. I'll just wait to the next hardware revision rather than buying an awkward peripheral.
    I feel the same way. Seeing how many iterations of the DS there were I decided that I definitely didn't want the first 3DS and would wait. Seeming like a good call looking back on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Circle Pad Pro exclusively at GameStop

Not entirely unlike Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii (which will also be sold through Nintendo.com), Nintendo plans to offer the 3DS Circle Pad Pro exclusively through GameStop in the United States.

Following rumors of a peripheral that would add a second circle pad to the 3DS in August, Nintendo announced the Circle Pad Pro in early September. It was released this past Saturday for almost $20 in Japan alongside Monster Hunter 3G, and it's been confirmed for release in a Resident Evil: Revelations bundle on January 27 in Europe. Nintendo of America remained quiet about its plans to bring it to North America before finally making its announcement today.

Referring to it as an "optional accessory," the Circle Pad Pro will be available in the United States on February 7. It'll be sold for $19.99 through GameStop stores and its website.

Selling the accessory as an exclusive like this would suggest Nintendo of America doesn't have extensive plans for supporting it. Besides Monster Hunter and Resident Evil, there are a few other games that have been confirmed as having optional Circle Pad Pro support including Kingdom Hearts 3D, Dynasty Warriors Vs., and Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D. Only Snake Eater and Revelations were mentioned in Nintendo's announcement today, the former of which it says is coming in the first quarter of 2012. Revelations had been previously announced as coming on February 7.

The peripheral uses a single AAA battery to operate, a requirement that sounded pretty awful as the system already has poor battery life. The idea of hauling around a spare AAA battery in addition to having to frequently charge the system didn't sound particularly nice, though the Circle Pad Pro's release in Japan has revealed it can last up to 480 hours on one battery.

http://www.1up.com/news/3ds-circle-p...stop-exclusive
    Circle Pad Pro hands on Preview

When its existence first leaked through scans of Famitsu, I refused to believe the Circle Pad Pro, called the Slide Pad Expansion in Japan, existed. It looked bulky, awkward and took a tolerable portable design and made it far worse. I even wrote an editorial about how the peripheral's existence would mandate a relaunch of the 3DS. It was hard to fathom Nintendo would be willing to acknowledge a flaw of that magnitude in the 3DS, and that the publisher was willing to potentially fragment its user base to support such a device.

Then I had a chance to check out the Pro expansion. Surprisingly, it felt pretty good, mostly due to the fact that it didn't weigh nearly as much as I expected.

Recently I managed to import a Circle Pad Pro from Japan, which arrived today. I'm still unable to play a game with it (debug 3DS systems aren't always as physically small as retail units), but I was able to notice more details now that the device isn't chained to an innocent Japanese model.

A Closer Look at Our Imported Circle Pad Pro

Here are a few things you should know about the Circle Pad Pro, presented in handy bullet point form:

The device is just as awkward looking as you might expect. The good news, however, is that it's relatively light and actually feels moderately decent in your hands.

Gripping the expanded 3DS to play games is trickier. Your impulse is to rest the bottom of the expansion at the base of the palm of your hand. Depending on your hand size, this will force you to awkwardly angle your fingers to reach the L/R and ZL/ZR buttons. It hurts. It sucks. I ended up shifting the system higher in my hand, allowing for better access to the shoulder buttons.

Reaching the four face buttons (ABXY) isn't difficult but is slightly more cumbersome than it ought to be. The distance is just outside what I'd consider reasonable. Most genres won't be impacted by this, though I could see some more timing-based games impacted.

The 3DS fixes into the Pro shell simply through rubber grips along the inside of the cradle. There are no fasteners or clasps, though you shouldn't worry about the system being loose - it's a very, very snug fit.

The headphone jack is exposed, but the cart slot is not. If you want to change games, you'll have to remove the shell.

Infrared communication is used between the Pro and the 3DS itself. Not that this is a huge issue, but there you go.

One of the bigger issues I have with the Pro, aside from its ridiculous aesthetic, is that the feel of the two Circle Pads is different. The pad on your system does not have the same movement resistance that its counterpart has. I've tested a couple Pros now, and have seen the expansion-based device feel both more resistant and more fluid. It's hard to say if that was a result of frequent use or variation in manufacturing. Regardless, it's a bit annoying.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1214612p1.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    I feel the same way. Seeing how many iterations of the DS there were I decided that I definitely didn't want the first 3DS and would wait. Seeming like a good call looking back on it.
    Yeah I made the same decision, not remotely broken up about it. I will be buying a Vita quickly though.