Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What got you into video games?

Thanks

Default What got you into video games?

Me,it was my dad,he was like a crazy gamer,he used to play a lot of video games when I was a kid
    and then he stopped doing this when he turned like 41-42 (two years ago) but not completely
    because occasionally he plays with me Call of duty.

Command & Conquer (the very first/old one) was his most favourite game when I was a kid,I used to watch
    him a lot playing this game,and then when he completed and finished it he let me play it and he taught me
    how to play the game and I got addicted.

tbh,When I first bought my ps3,I didn't like the games that it has,I had a hard time getting used to them
    Because of all the "fancy" graphics it felt different,at first I'd always say "Is this..a game or a movie? :/"

But now I like playing those. Still prefer the old ones.

What about you?

Supreme Warrior Guest

Thread Closed in....3....2....1....

This has been brought up before many times .

Thanks
    EP Points

well I guess if you want to talk way back when for me it was after they first released the Nintendo(the first one wanted one so bad but we couldn't afford it so my neighbor gave me a old pong system (not Atari pong as in that was the only game the thing played) I had fun with it off and on for about a year then got a Nintendo and soon after my love affair with rpg's began with a game called Dragon Warrior.

and the rest as they say is history.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post

Eh,Well I tried to find one before I started this thread
    but I didn't find a topic about it so I thought of making
    this.
    Sorry.

Thanks

It would probably be my Xbox (not the 360). The first game I ever got was Splashdown. Then I got the Halos. And this happened to everyone who got in my way:

:Iron Man:

You got lasered!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post

Well, THAT certainly was a constructive, positivity-based comment - GOLD star for you!

In regards to the OP's question, let me think....

Probably watching my sisters and brothers play the Odyssey Pong with the four setting-switch. (pong, basketball, blah..blah...)
    Also, a bit later on, watching them play Stampede and River Raid on the 2600, and finally getting the 'courage' at around 4-years-old to grab the joystick myself.

Thanks

A game called "Lufia 2" for the Snes. Still in my top 5 favourite games ever.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pac-Ten View Post
    Eh,Well I tried to find one before I started this thread
    but I didn't find a topic about it so I thought of making
    this.
    Sorry.
    You have nothing to apologize for, just ignore him.

So anyway, it was my father. He wasn't a huge gamer or anything, but he was -and still is- into technology in general. He had a Commodore 64 back in the day, pretty sure that's where it all started for me.

Thanks
    EP Points

For me, I've had video games for as long as I can remember. Grew up with an SNES and I can still recall a lot of the games I had for it, I remember not being able to beat Mother Brain in Super Metroid, just being incredibly lost in Super Castlevania IV, and fighting (and losing to) Smoke in MKII.

And form there, the addiction has pretty much spiraled out of control.

Thanks

Default Nintendo

The Madness started with the NES. Mainly 3 games: Blaster Master, Metroid, and Castlevania: Simon's Quest. I can remember waking up at like 1 o'clock in the morning to play 'cuz my brothers would hog the system all day long.

Thanks

I had to pick between the nintendo or ps1.. which is funny coz I mean I was 6 and my older relatives should've picked. So I picked the ps1.
    I would say we bought about 50 ps1 games in all (all uploaded on this site haha). Our favorites were Spyro series, we stopped at 3.
    Then the ps2 came out and we got it on Christmas with a Kingdom Hearts copy + free controller. As we got older my bro and I started buying war games for the ps2 such as Medal of Honor, SOCOM, Call of Duty (Orange spark I think), Splinter cell, also Tony Hawk's Underground =P
    One time my bro pissed me off so bad we ended up getting grounded and my old man gave away our ps2 (after like 5 times being grounded). We were pretty young so I mean... it kinda makes sense as siblings tend to fight.

When I heard Halo 1 was for the pc, I pretty much jumped into it. The computer I had at the time wasn't even meant for gaming but halo 1 worked on it. Also got a Call of Duty 2 by Activision for it... yeah it couldn't even run.
    So we watched our dad build a comp, and it was pretty good at the time, first exposure for us all. Turns out I was surprisingly pretty good at the multiplayer for both halo 1 and cod2.
    Ever since then my bro and I ended up looking deeper in the field of computers... my bro more than me, I was more for the games haha. I was more of a marksman shooter while he was more of strategy and tactics. I got i think 15 or 20 games for my pc now, excluding torrents.

Username: SoySauce (or similar) Name: Kenshii

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DOS dungeon crawlers . Got any N64 around the same time I was playing those, the DOS games are what really got me interested.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It probably started with the first game system I remember playing, the Magnavox Odyssey II. Eventually we got an NES, but the Odyssey II will always have a place in my heart. Pickaxe Pete FTW!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, my mom bought me an Amstrad butI didn't have many games for it. But it's what got me into computing. Then at 6, I've played The Secret of Monkey Island and from that point on it's what really sucked me into video-games. I grew up with PC games, until I got a Dreamcast, from a friend who sold it to my brother. Much to my shame the games I've had with it, had been finished after 8-10 years. But I've been playing other consoles and handhelds.
    But my main platform is always the PC.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

I started playing video games in kindergarten at school on pc's running Windows 95, and I got into gaming at home when someone brought a genesis to school in 5th grade, so I went and bought Sega Smash Pack 1&2 and played them on the computer. Then I got a gamecube, then PS2, DS, then Wii, and now 360, and now I play all those systems still as well as using emulators.