Thread: Problems with FFX, Pcsx2

Thanks

Default Problems with FFX, Pcsx2

using ati mobility 5650,
    Intel i5 2.53ghz,
    DDR3 4gb,

I am using Pcsx2 rev 4941 to run FFX PAL. My settings for Pcsx2 are all at the Safer(faster) preset, using DX11(Hardare) mode with an internal resolution of 1024x1024 along with all recomended sound settings. Plus auto-gamefixes is enabled.

My problems noticed during emulaton are these three:

1. Bosses appear backwards in Boss fights
    2. Sometimes there is screen freezing for like half a second when the battle screen glass breaks (especially Boss fights) and during cutscenes when the camera changes position
    3. FMV's get distorted via a single frame hanging while they play, toggling software mode on and off seems to fix this

Why do these occur and can I alter the settings to fix any of them?

Thanks
    EP Points

personally i have never had any of these problems playing PCSX2 with FFX all the way through, allso your laptop must struggle to get 60fps, we dont usally recommend laptops for emulation espically ps2
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

I've played NTSC version of FFX on r4600 and my only problem with boss standing backwards was Yunalesca (that form with big Medusa/Octopus tentacle stuff) but in three or four boss battles Auron was standing backwards (if I used Overdrive he stuck running and only way to deal with it was game reset).

r4941 is 0.9.9 beta, right? Maybe try older version of emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

I use 0.99 beta as well and have never experienced any of the above errors.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Known issue, set EE/IOP to Full, and VUs Clamping mode to Extra+Preserve Sign(or normal).

Setting the Round mode to Negative(or Nearest) can also fix the problem.

and make sure to use memory card save, not savestates.

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

Anyone have problems with no menu during battles at the Thunder Plains? The game up til then emulates perfectly, yet when I get into a battle in the Thunder Plains I get stuck. Default settings mainly and the ffx emulation fix turned on. Any tips on how to make the battle menus show?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Anyone have problems with no menu during battles at the Thunder Plains? The game up til then emulates perfectly, yet when I get into a battle in the Thunder Plains I get stuck. Default settings mainly and the ffx emulation fix turned on. Any tips on how to make the battle menus show?
    Turn off Speedhacks(if you enabled it), and switch to Software mode while using GSdx/or use ZeroGS, then run the game from memory card save.

If that doesn't fix the problem, load the game from memory card again, and make sure you can access that menu during battle,
    with that, use savestates frequently between each battles, and load the state if the problem occur.

You might as well use the latest SVN, or official build.

Thanks

It never lets me access the menu regardless of whoever i'm fighting. What's up with the SVN and official build though? I'm using 0.9.7, no speedhacks and tried what you suggested- but no difference(ZeroGS gave me all kinds of graphical errors). How does everybody else get past it? Part of the game requires battles to be fought here, so I can't just pray I don't run into encounters right? I'm gonna try 0.9.8 but I doubt it's gonna change anything, i'll post back with results.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's a known issue, but rarely happen, and using savestates is the recommended workaround to get past it.
    Post your game save here perhaps? See if I get the same bug like yours.

Well, it doesn't hurt to try, who knows using 0.9.8 or SVN may fix the problem.

Thanks

Hmm, can't seem to get the save loaded from 0.9.7 to 0.9.8.. I took a snapshot, not sure about how to get saves in(the memory card files won't show up when I request to upload attachments here). Crap though, I don't wanna play through again just to test this bug out. Basically this is what I see:
    Last edited by Russ; 27th-December-2011 at 00:42.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you copy over the memory card file(.ps2) to 0.9.8 memcard folder? Then configure the memory card path on the PCSX2 settings?

Put the memory card file into a .rar(or other archive format), and try to upload it again via the attachment.

Thanks

That didn't seem to work.. All I got is a snapshot I guess. I'm using 0.9.8 at default settings, anything on it I should change?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    That didn't seem to work.. All I got is a snapshot I guess. I'm using 0.9.8 at default settings, anything on it I should change?
    try creating a .zip folder and try uploading it i cannot see why you are unable to post files, either that or put it on something like megaupload and we can download it from there
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using Basic Uploader when using attachment, or upload it to file hosting site, like Mediafire or Megaupload.

Thanks

Sorry it took so long, but it appears the Thunder Plains bug was fixed in version 0.9.8 of pcsx2. Just reporting back that there's no problems with it, other than in some boss fights the character in the middle as well as the boss both face backwards. I unknowingly was playing the International version and didn't know it, thought it might have had something to do with the problem.