Thread: Final Fantasy XI servers -alive or dead?

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy XI servers -alive or dead?

I asked this before on a thread when it came up but never got a reply so hopefully you guys can help settle this question:

Are the Final Fantasy XI servers still up? I asked at gamestop and they said that game had been completely taken off as they wanted to focus on the new final fantasy MMO. This saddened me greatly as I loved final fantasy XI and was hoping to setup a account again.

So, basic question becomes: Servers still up and running and if not-any way to play it otherwise? (private servers or what not?)

Thanks in advance. I did try to get a straight answer by searching google but couldn't find any clear yes or no answer.

Thanks
    EP Points

I would assume they're still running, considering the game was on sale on Steam last week. It'd be a bit silly if they were offering a deal on a game you'll never be able to play.

Thanks

Okay - yeah i didn't want to go and buy new pc copies of the game again if they were not usable. gamestop lied to me! (what a surprise, huh? lol) Thanks for giving me a answer with some backup to it. appreciate it. ^^

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jackalsgroove View Post
    Okay - yeah i didn't want to go and buy new pc copies of the game again if they were not usable. gamestop lied to me! (what a surprise, huh? lol) Thanks for giving me a answer with some backup to it. appreciate it. ^^
    Oh, the official site also shows recent updates. As in, this week updates. So it's definitely still going.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Colamisu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I really hope they are still alive. The whole community aspect of the game looks fun.