Thread: Whats going on with this PSP? HELP!

Thanks

Default Whats going on with this PSP? HELP!

I'm assuming that this has to do with my wife downloading Dino Crisis last night....she mentioned it acting 'sluggish/jittery'.
    I can turn the machine ON, but it slugs-along to life, and after the text jitters for a bit, it freezes up. Is this becoming "bricked"?

Tried to hook it to the comp using the USB cord, it comes on and freezes on the 'intro screen', and nothing happens...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

hold the select button on the main menu.... wait for a new menu to show

Check the CPU speed and set it to normal or 300 I forget what the default speed should be but 333 is overclocked (emulators can use overclocking without this being changed from the default, that it should be left on)

Seems to be that the CPU speed was changed by mistake

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    I'm assuming that this has to do with my wife downloading Dino Crisis last night....she mentioned it acting 'sluggish/jittery'.
    I can turn the machine ON, but it slugs-along to life, and after the text jitters for a bit, it freezes up. Is this becoming "bricked"?

Tried to hook it to the comp using the USB cord, it comes on and freezes on the 'intro screen', and nothing happens...

I had this problem also but never got t solved had to get another psp. When i switched it on the psp logo appeared then when on the dashboard it took ages to actually move to anything. I would be interested to know if its the same problem and if you get it fixed. (coz i still have the knackered psp)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Had the problem myself but it was just a simple matter of fixing the CPU speed back to what it should be

UMD speed should also be double checked

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yes, it worked! When I brought up the 'select' menu, though, the menu flashed RED, and the scroller thing scrolled through on its own, and jerked around eratically. Got it after a few tries, and I set the different 'speeds', one CPU and one 'game'. Everything seems back to normal!
    There is an icon with a bolt through it that says 'corrupt data'....I need rid of this.,..

What the select menu is now set to:

CPU Clock XMB: 333/166
    CPU Clock Game: 100/50

Are these correct, or? God of War is playing in the background, and it looks and sounds top-notch....

Hate messing with things like these, wasnt even aware of the Select menu....I'm afraid that I'll F' something up royally messing with all of this...

Thanks so much, man!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes, it worked! When I brought up the 'select' menu, though, the menu flashed RED, and the scroller thing scrolled through on its own, and jerked around eratically. Got it after a few tries, and I set the different 'speeds', one CPU and one 'game'. Everything seems back to normal!
    There is an icon with a bolt through it that says 'corrupt data'....I need rid of this.,..

What the select menu is now set to:

CPU Clock XMB: 333/166
    CPU Clock Game: 100/50

Are these correct, or? God of War is playing in the background, and it looks and sounds top-notch....

Hate messing with things like these, wasnt even aware of the Select menu....I'm afraid that I'll F' something up royally messing with all of this...

Thanks so much, man!

Yeah, change the CPU Clock Game to 333/166, like the one above it and you're good to go. The PSPs usually don't go that slow, so it's only the CPU clock. You can change it, don't worry. The maximum that'll happen, is gonna be aliens kidnapping you like the UFO ending from Silent Hill.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

Time to dig out my old psp then i guess....if i could just remember where i bloody put it. And then onto amazon it goes

Thanks

Linky, WHAT does this have to do with my PSP tech needs, you B@STARD?!? What about MY needs, man!??

Engle, thanks, man! I'll set them to match now.

UFOs? Aliens? Well, so long as they provide me with booze and food, I should be all set....for a while...

Thanks
    EP Points

HEY i was just using your thread for my own selfish needs.

Thanks

^ ALWAYS thinking of YOURSELF, I knew it!! Just like my ex-wife and my ex-lawyer, dammit!!

Should this thread now be CLOSED, since I have the answer, or? Should it exist as a thread for me to ask my (many, many) inevitable PSP-related questions?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

UFOs? Aliens? Well, so long as they provide me with booze and food, I should be all set....for a while...
    At least they'll give you a nice Hyperblaster with infinite ammo!

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

We normally don't close threads unless people start to post spam, if there's a place where there's no room for spam is in the help sections. So, yeah, if you happen to face any other problem regarding your PSP in the next days, consider using this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Beast View Post
    We normally don't close threads unless people start to post spam, if there's a place where there's no room for spam is in the help sections. So, yeah, if you happen to face any other problem regarding your PSP in the next days, consider using this.
    Right on, will do.

I try and use the 'SEARCH' key up there, I'll type-in, say, "PSP formatting?", but the amout of info is so consuming...lot to take in!

I dont think I'll need to know much more outside of situating PSX and specific older games to fit the PSP, maybe things like movies/TV shows via the PSP...?

We have another 'Fat' model, and another 'Slim'....wondering if I should have these 'hacked' as well?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Alot of free video software includes PSP format/res so not alot of effort on your side when converting vids "Format Factory" seems ok for doing this

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]