Page 15 of 267 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inferno Out: How to make Inferno stop chewing on the Christmas JTAG

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    I'm just going to toss this out there:

I had a crazy dream last night. I was for some reason sort of dating my good friend's sister. I've no idea why. But I woke up, and I've been thinking about it all day, and I don't really think I love my girlfriend (of 1.5 years) any more. I'm not really sure why. It just seems that things have been pushing us apart for quite some time. Namely her parents and schedule. The more I think about it though, if she can't make time for me, there are plenty of people out there that will. Idk. Maybe I'm just making a rash decision, but I think I'm about done with it.
    Don't let dreams ruin your real life. Either you love her or you don't, regardless of her parents and the schedules, those may be obstacles but you have to ask yourself if there's love between you two aside from those obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    I thought the game was cool until about chapter 20, where I thought 'when will this game be over?'

Gameplay like that for me is cool for only a little while. But after I spawn like 5 times in a checkpoint, FINALLY get past the horde of enemies, only to get to a new checkpoint and more enemies, I got bored fast.

It's just personal preference, really. I realize fighting games hold even less in terms of like plot and differentiation, but I never get tired of games like that. I easily put 300 hours into Street Fighter Third Strike, my favorite fighting game. I just love to find new strategies and become better.

But the argument basically boils down to 'you like your games, I like mine'. Neither is right or wrong, it shouldn't actually matter what other people like. I guess I'm just a general mainstream hater by nature, without even being close to a hipster.
    I can understand that, it's not the kind of game you enjoy more but you admit it's multiple merits.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And man, Capcom isn't even that bad for DLC. I mean they have some costume packs, some DLC characters, but that's it. EA is far worse. I really hated how in a game I just recently played, Dragon Age, had like 4 times where I had to buy DLC to do a quest or something. Shit aint right.

Now, most DLC isn't cool. I understand you need to support the developers, but for companies like EA, Activison and Capcom, you probably don't.
    Paying $5 to make a character look different, when the alternate appearance is right there, complete and ready to go on the golden master? You're paying for stuff that would be standard if they couldn't nickel and dime you on it later. Bad business practice is bad business practice. It doesn't matter who's doing it.

Wait, so your validation is 'what makes the most money is right'? Uh...
    You misunderstand. My point was instead "Capcom would likely do the same thing if there was money in it". But there isn't. Note how the only 2 DLC characters were practically complete (and playable!) when MvC3 came out. Obviously, they weren't investing in making characters from scratch, and were just trying to "recoup losses" or perhaps "get money from work they already did". So they wrapped up those characters, tossed a small download (which uses a lot of on-disc content), and called it a day. If a couple people buy it at 5 bucks a character, they're ahead. But doing a whole character from scratch? Probably not as worthwhile cost-wise.

What I'm saying is they'd both pull that shit if it was successful. If Activision wasn't making money on map packs, they wouldn't make them. Plus it's worth noting that they don't have to move as much DLC anyway. CoD vastly outsells MvC, so if 10% of each user base buys DLC, obviously there's more "money" in the larger CoD market than the MvC one.

The larger community gets more content. Because it's easier to make money off them. And in this case, they're more willing to pay for it.

Capitalism, baby! Yeah!

Thanks

Yeah, no, they pretty much take the same technique. Look at the original Mario games, and the recent ones. The difficulty has taken quite a nose dive. In Nintendo's case though, they usually let the difficulty in, just remove it from the majority of the game. The truly outstanding games to me are ones like Limbo and Portal/Portal 2, where it becomes quite difficult, but because of the learning curve you are always properly prepared for it.
    I found a recnet Mario game, Galaxy 2, to be quite challenging. Escepially like purple coins stars and some of the end-games planets were just tough.

Yeah, 3D Land is pretty easy, but it's still a damn good game.

I still find Skyward Sword to be somewhat challenging, enough to make me not entirely bored of it, but not hard enough that it makes me want to pull my hair out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Care to share?
    I've got money on this eventually biting you in the ass. When you start asking yourself "where did I go wrong", I want to be able to say "right there".

Your unhappiness brings me pleasure. I'm a horrible person like that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    I've got money on this eventually biting you in the ass. When you start asking yourself "where did I go wrong", I want to be able to say "right there".

Your unhappiness brings me pleasure. I'm a horrible person like that.
    I've been questioning the point of this relationship for quite some time. This is simple another straw.
    I found a recnet Mario game, Galaxy 2, to be quite challenging. Escepially like purple coins stars and some of the end-games planets were just tough.

Yeah, 3D Land is pretty easy, but it's still a damn good game.

I still find Skyward Sword to be somewhat challenging, enough to make me not entirely bored of it, but not hard enough that it makes me want to pull my hair out.
    Yes, but the normal player will never be bothered with most of those difficulties. Most people aren't out there for completion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Beast View Post
    Don't let dreams ruin your real life. Either you love her or you don't, regardless of her parents and the schedules, those may be obstacles but you have to ask yourself if there's love between you two aside from those obstacles.
    I'm just thinking that there's most likely someone out there that's better for me. My feelings have been drifting away for quite some time now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm just going to toss this out there:

I had a crazy dream last night. I was for some reason sort of dating my good friend's sister. I've no idea why. But I woke up, and I've been thinking about it all day, and I don't really think I love my girlfriend (of 1.5 years) any more. I'm not really sure why. It just seems that things have been pushing us apart for quite some time. Namely her parents and schedule. The more I think about it though, if she can't make time for me, there are plenty of people out there that will. Idk. Maybe I'm just making a rash decision, but I think I'm about done with it.
    Don't be offended, but it's usually women that put a lot of thought into this kind of thing.
    Or maybe I'm just a heartless pig (see spoiler).

What Cookie said is right though: either you love her or you don't

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

You misunderstand. My point was instead "Capcom would likely do the same thing if there was money in it". But there isn't. Note how the only 2 DLC characters were practically complete (and playable!) when MvC3 came out. Obviously, they weren't investing in making characters from scratch, and were just trying to "recoup losses" or perhaps "get money from work they already did". So they wrapped up those characters, tossed a small download (which uses a lot of on-disc content), and called it a day. If a couple people buy it at 5 bucks a character, they're ahead. But doing a whole character from scratch? Probably not as worthwhile cost-wise.

What I'm saying is they'd both pull that shit if it was successful. If Activision wasn't making money on map packs, they wouldn't make them. Plus it's worth noting that they don't have to move as much DLC anyway. CoD vastly outsells MvC, so if 10% of each user base buys DLC, obviously there's more "money" in the larger CoD market than the MvC one.

The larger community gets more content. Because it's easier to make money off them. And in this case, they're more willing to pay for it.

Capitalism, baby! Yeah!
    Hah, you're right, in the sense of putting out garbage that sells. If Activision could, they would sell their own souls for a quarter. Which they already probably did.

I mean, hell, if you make a sequel to a successful game and put no effort into it, make it out of cheap plastic, slap on a $60 price tag and it sells more copies than any game to date for 20 years, hats off to you. I just hope CoD dies in the same way Guitar hero did. That would be great.

But it's a rather common sense point, if I could sell the amount of fucks I don't give about modern shooters, I would be a millionaire, but obviously nobody gives a shit and wouldn't give me a penny for my worthless opinion. I will admit that a business has to do what sells, but they gotta at least try a little harder...

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm just thinking that there's most likely someone out there that's better for me. My feelings have been drifting away for quite some time now.
    I know it from past Retro posts you made. Perhaps you are right and that other girl is better for you but first you have to consider what you already have and if you want to keep it. She may not be making enough time for you cos she can't, but that may be just an eventuality, something accessory cos what really matters is whether you love each other and some of those obstacles can be removed in a reasonable period of time or not.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd like to continue chatting but I have to get some rest. Have a good night, gents.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

THREAD NEEDZ MOAR HAPPEH!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So..uh..How about that Arcana Heart 3? I just picked it up the other day.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why am I so terrible at it?

Is it because it uses such an odd combat system?

Is it because I didn't bother to learn any movelists?

Is it because I can't homing cancel worth a damn?

And that's why I need to practice at AH3 at some point.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why am I so terrible at it?

Is it because it uses such an odd combat system?

Is it because I didn't bother to learn any movelists?

Is it because I can't homing cancel worth a damn?

And that's why I need to practice at AH3 at some point.
    I beat arcade mode on max difficulty about an hour ago.

And I'm not playing the PS3 version.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Wyrm View Post
    I beat arcade mode on max difficulty about an hour ago.

And I'm not playing the PS3 version.
    Well yeah, but that's arcade mode. The AI is easily cheesed, meter is easily built up, and arcana abilities seem to really mess with the AI's ability to dodge.

About the only difficult part of that is the 2 bosses. And that's why dragon punches exist.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well yeah, but that's arcade mode. The AI is easily cheesed, meter is easily built up, and arcana abilities seem to really mess with the AI's ability to dodge.

About the only difficult part of that is the 2 bosses. And that's why dragon punches exist.

It's all true.