Page 14 of 267 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inferno Out: How to make Inferno stop chewing on the Christmas JTAG

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Hahahaha, I didn't even notice that.

I'll try, I'll try, but again, man, Uncharted is another game that doesn't interest me.

Everyone is always spouting how Uncharted 2 is the game, easily the best game since Super Mario Bros. And I played it, I liked the characters, I liked the plot, I liked the explorations and Tomb Raider climbing, but damn I did not like the shooting parts. Escepially near the end-game, it just got so ridiculously boring. The mechanics are great, but I dunno.
    Chars, plot, exploration, climbing, mechanics... c'mon, you liked almost everything, what more do you need? That's much more than what many other games offer.
    It's like saying you didn't like this great one vs one fighting game cos the final boss wasn't that cool

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're gonna be pissed to hear that MW3 has sold more nationwide in its first 24 hours than any game ever, beating the record keeper, Black Ops.
    I really don't care what other people spend their money on. The games that I enjoy are still coming out (BF3, CS: GO, Skyrim, stuff like Homefront, Limbo, etc.), so it really doesn't effect me. Call of Duty is nothing more than a social term to me now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Nope. You still have to buy them. Which will knock the price up to $50. I'd say the new campaign mode of MW3 is worth about 10 bucks. And thus, they both seem about equal. Or we could throw in the alternate costume pack and UMvC3 is now $10 more just so you can get all the stuff that's on the disc.
    Ahh, the DLC I got in the collector's editions of the first game must of ran over to this one, which is why it confused me.

But hey, how bout them map packs in Black Ops? New one every month? Yup yup yup.

And man, I cannot defend Capcom fully. Although Activison is far worse, Capcom isn't that great either.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to toss this out there:

I had a crazy dream last night. I was for some reason sort of dating my good friend's sister. I've no idea why. But I woke up, and I've been thinking about it all day, and I don't really think I love my girlfriend (of 1.5 years) any more. I'm not really sure why. It just seems that things have been pushing us apart for quite some time. Namely her parents and schedule. The more I think about it though, if she can't make time for me, there are plenty of people out there that will. Idk. Maybe I'm just making a rash decision, but I think I'm about done with it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ahh, the DLC I got in the collector's editions of the first game must of ran over to this one, which is why it confused me.

But hey, how bout them map packs in Black Ops? New one every month? Yup yup yup.

And man, I cannot defend Capcom fully. Although Activison is far worse, Capcom isn't that great either.
    Map packs that are contained entirely within the download itself.

If there were a decent revenue source in it, you just know Capcom would pump out a new DLC character or two monthly.

But the thing is, they don't really sell that well. Since they rarely introduce a character via DLC that goes above mid-tier. And the online gaming community for those games? Tier whores.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to point to Valve.
    Free DLC in L4D, constant updates to all of their games, etc.? I fucking love Valve. I don't even read the titles of their games anymore, I just throw money at them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    I'm just going to toss this out there:

I had a crazy dream last night. I was for some reason sort of dating my good friend's sister. I've no idea why. But I woke up, and I've been thinking about it all day, and I don't really think I love my girlfriend (of 1.5 years) any more. I'm not really sure why. It just seems that things have been pushing us apart for quite some time. Namely her parents and schedule. The more I think about it though, if she can't make time for me, there are plenty of people out there that will. Idk. Maybe I'm just making a rash decision, but I think I'm about done with it.
    Making mental note to quote this later. You'll see why.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Beast View Post
    Chars, plot, exploration, climbing, mechanics... c'mon, you liked almost everything, what more do you need? That's much more than what many other games offer.
    It's like saying you didn't like this great one vs one fighting game cos the final boss wasn't that cool
    I thought the game was cool until about chapter 20, where I thought 'when will this game be over?'

Gameplay like that for me is cool for only a little while. But after I spawn like 5 times in a checkpoint, FINALLY get past the horde of enemies, only to get to a new checkpoint and more enemies, I got bored fast.

It's just personal preference, really. I realize fighting games hold even less in terms of like plot and differentiation, but I never get tired of games like that. I easily put 300 hours into Street Fighter Third Strike, my favorite fighting game. I just love to find new strategies and become better.

But the argument basically boils down to 'you like your games, I like mine'. Neither is right or wrong, it shouldn't actually matter what other people like. I guess I'm just a general mainstream hater by nature, without even being close to a hipster.

Thanks

If there were a decent revenue source in it, you just know Capcom would pump out a new DLC character or two monthly.

But the thing is, they don't really sell that well. Since they rarely introduce a character via DLC that goes above mid-tier. And the online gaming community for those games? Tier whores.
    Wait, so your validation is 'what makes the most money is right'? Uh...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Part of that is that the fighting game community (or the vocal part of them) has a bad tendency to act horrendously offended when DLC comes out unless it's costumes. And sometimes even then. To the point that they A) don't buy the characters, and that causes B) for them to be banned in tournaments. Even if they aren't broken, because people who bought the character and learned to play them "Have an unfair advantage."

This is a regular thing. It's not (completely) that the DLC characters were mediocre, it was that no one was willing to buy the DLC. Because it was DLC.

Thanks

And man, Capcom isn't even that bad for DLC. I mean they have some costume packs, some DLC characters, but that's it. EA is far worse. I really hated how in a game I just recently played, Dragon Age, had like 4 times where I had to buy DLC to do a quest or something. Shit aint right.

Now, most DLC isn't cool. I understand you need to support the developers, but for companies like EA, Activison and Capcom, you probably don't.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wait, so your validation is 'what makes the most money is right'? Uh...
    Well, these are businesses that we're talking about here. They're out to make profit. That's why I don't like CoD though. They've put so many handicaps in to compensate for new players and make it more accessible, to sell more copies, that it almost eliminates the distinction between a truly good player and a new player. There just isn't much skill involved.

Making mental note to quote this later. You'll see why.
    Care to share?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    Well, these are businesses that we're talking about here. They're out to make profit. That's why I don't like CoD though. They've put so many handicaps in to compensate for new players and make it more accessible, to sell more copies, that it almost eliminates the distinction between a truly good player and a new player. There just isn't much skill involved.
    I guess I just compare video game developers to Nintendo, a company that actually tries when it makes a good game and still makes a lot money. I guess my expectations are too high.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I guess I just compare video game developers to Nintendo, a company that actually tries when it makes a good game and still makes a lot money. I guess my expectations are too high.
    Yeah, no, they pretty much take the same technique. Look at the original Mario games, and the recent ones. The difficulty has taken quite a nose dive. In Nintendo's case though, they usually let the difficulty in, just remove it from the majority of the game. The truly outstanding games to me are ones like Limbo and Portal/Portal 2, where it becomes quite difficult, but because of the learning curve you are always properly prepared for it.