Page 13 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inferno Out: How to make Inferno stop chewing on the Christmas JTAG

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh, and at some point he acquires the following upgrades:

A better shield, a better sword, a bow, a boomerang, bombs, a hookshot, and some form of musical instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Beast View Post
    I was ready to add more HURRRHURRR if it were necessary
    I want that HURRR to span the page. TABLES SHALL BE BROKEN. LIKE THEY'LL BE BROKEN IN WWE12. BECAUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    So wait, you're saying this isn't accurate?

Spoiler warning:
    It's semi accurate. It gets the general concept of why it started, but not why the war broke out in the first place.

Thanksgiving was originally a festival where people mass murdered turkeys. The corpses were paraded around in the streets, then filled with candy. The children later beat them with sticks hoping to crack open the carcass and acquire the delicious candy within.

And that's where stuffing comes from.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    This time around, the plot is actually interesting. Just like how Wind Waker and Twilight Princess breaks from the mold, Skyward sword does even more so. Zelda is like a childhood friend, and eventually goes about going through temples without you and even before you.

And I really hate spoilers, but the game is long and pretty neat. The nemesis in this game (not ganon), completely owns you at some points.

But woah, I would call MvC2 to MvC3 an incremental upgrade. I'm a fan of many fighters, and that time they actually tried to basically change everything. Not like Street Fighter Alpha to Street Fighter Alpha 2, the changes in MvC3 are huge, it's a completely different game. And even the changes of UMvC3 surprised me. Yes, 12 more characters, but they legitimately changed every single character already in the roster in pretty noticeable ways.
    I was being somewhat facetious.

You see, the stuff you listed right there, that's similar to what people would spout in defense of their latest brown shooter purchase. Those new maps, rebalanced weapons, additional game modes, and different perks? That's their equivalent. Once you get beyond "Ryu still has the same couple of moves he's had since Street Fighter 2", there's more at play. Likewise, there's more going on in those shooters than "I have a gun and I shoot things blam blam oh shit killstreak".

Thanks

I was ready to add more HURRRHURRR if it were necessary
    Ehhhh, fairly good for a PS3 game.

Especially in my area, it is 360 everything. I sell easily twice as many 360 things as compared to PS3. Maybe even triple.

So for what it is, I sold 70 copies of it. Easily the most sold PS3 exclusive, but I did sell around 300 Modern Warfare 3's for PS3.

So yeah, pretty good I would say. But I think it will sell even more since Sony has released an Uncharted 3 holiday bundle 320GB PS3 that is a really good deal. I already sold 7 of those jawnts.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I'm guessing Deus Ex Human Revolution didn't sell very well either?
    I fucking loved that.
    I got it, I played it, didn't really like it. I even got the PC version because it's way better and it just doesn't do it for me.

Don't mistake me, it's good for what the game is, probably the best to date, but shooters make me snore louder than anything.
    I really play it because it's flat out /awesome/ when you have a group of friends that play.

And sorry Danny-boy, I just don't care for Gears
    The third person bit really kills any sort of competitiveness for me, not to mention it's still crippled by joysticks. Bleh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    I was being somewhat facetious.

You see, the stuff you listed right there, that's similar to what people would spout in defense of their latest brown shooter purchase. Those new maps, rebalanced weapons, additional game modes, and different perks? That's their equivalent. Once you get beyond "Ryu still has the same couple of moves he's had since Street Fighter 2", there's more at play. Likewise, there's more going on in those shooters than "I have a gun and I shoot things blam blam oh shit killstreak".
    Capcom is a bad example when comparing incremental upgrades.

But still, the major difference is that Modern Warfare 3 is $60 and UMvC3 is $40. I mean MW3 is basically an expansion pack for MW2 because it's basically the exact same engine. And with CoD Elite? Activision is just begging for money from their favorite cash cow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Ehhhh, fairly good for a PS3 game.

Especially in my area, it is 360 everything. I sell easily twice as many 360 things as compared to PS3. Maybe even triple.

So for what it is, I sold 70 copies of it. Easily the most sold PS3 exclusive, but I did sell around 300 Modern Warfare 3's for PS3.

So yeah, pretty good I would say. But I think it will sell even more since Sony has released an Uncharted 3 holiday bundle 320GB PS3 that is a really good deal. I already sold 7 of those jawnts.
    Cool, cool, even if you quoted the wrong post you gotta promote it to make the naughty dog happy.

Thanks

Cool, cool, even if you quoted the wrong post you gotta promote it to make the naughty dog happy.
    Hahahaha, I didn't even notice that.

I'll try, I'll try, but again, man, Uncharted is another game that doesn't interest me.

Everyone is always spouting how Uncharted 2 is the game, easily the best game since Super Mario Bros. And I played it, I liked the characters, I liked the plot, I liked the explorations and Tomb Raider climbing, but damn I did not like the shooting parts. Escepially near the end-game, it just got so ridiculously boring. The mechanics are great, but I dunno.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Capcom is a bad example when comparing incremental upgrades.

But still, the major difference is that Modern Warfare 3 is $60 and UMvC3 is $40. I mean MW3 is basically an expansion pack for MW2 because it's basically the exact same engine. And with CoD Elite? Activision is just begging for money from their favorite cash cow.
    "Basically the exact same engine" being the key phrase here. UMvC3 uses the exact same engine as the last one. Also, costume packs. Jill and Shuma. All of which are on the discs (Sage is awesome). Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    I fucking loved that.

I really play it because it's flat out /awesome/ when you have a group of friends that play.

And sorry Danny-boy, I just don't care for Gears
    The third person bit really kills any sort of competitiveness for me, not to mention it's still crippled by joysticks. Bleh.
    But but but, it's called a JOYstick. The word "joy" is right there in the name. How can that possibly be a bad thing?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I want that HURRR to span the page. TABLES SHALL BE BROKEN. LIKE THEY'LL BE BROKEN IN WWE12. BECAUSE.
    I miss the HURRHURRH URRR fun.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

But but but, it's called a JOYstick. The word "joy" is right there in the name. How can that possibly be a bad thing?
    Should be called a dickstick in my book

Seriously, third person+joystick+overall clumsy controls=very lame shooter in my opinion. If you can't be good at the shooting aspect, then what is there left?

Thanks

"Basically the exact same engine" being the key phrase here. UMvC3 uses the exact same engine as the last one. Also, costume packs. Jill and Shuma. All of which are on the discs (Sage is awesome). Just sayin'.
    Aren't Jill and Shuma are already unlocked in UMvC3? I'm fairly sure they are. And yes, it's an expasion pack where they fix things, but the basic point I'm making is that they're not charging a full $60 for it. They know it's just an expansion with mechanic fixings, so they aren't selling it for much, and it's a great deal for someone that didn't pick up the first MvC3.

Thanks

Aren't Jill and Shuma are already unlocked in UMvC3? I'm fairly sure they are. And yes, it's an expasion pack where they fix things, but the basic point I'm making is that they're not charging a full $60 for it. They know it's just an expansion with mechanic fixings, so they aren't selling it for much, and it's a great deal for someone that didn't pick up the first MvC3.
    And don't get me wrong, some expansion packs are not good. When they released ANOTHER SF4 expansion, I was pissed, especially when the two most promoted characters are basically game breaking. That's the first Street Fighter in a long time I didn't pick up brand new, in fact I got it from my roommate for free.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah. CoD has just gone too far. There is nothing new about it, yet they're still trying to milk it. Quite honestly, I'm sick of hearing about it. It's nothing more than a deathmatch meatgrinder, and there are other games out there that do it far better. Not to mention, I /do not/ understand why people pay for the Elite garbage. They're essentially paying for an empty promise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    Yeah. CoD has just gone too far. There is nothing new about it, yet they're still trying to milk it. Quite honestly, I'm sick of hearing about it. It's nothing more than a deathmatch meatgrinder, and there are other games out there that do it far better. Not to mention, I /do not/ understand why people pay for the Elite garbage. They're essentially paying for an empty promise.
    You're gonna be pissed to hear that MW3 has sold more nationwide in its first 24 hours than any game ever, beating the record keeper, Black Ops.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope. You still have to buy them. Which will knock the price up to $50. I'd say the new campaign mode of MW3 is worth about 10 bucks. And thus, they both seem about equal. Or we could throw in the alternate costume pack and UMvC3 is now $10 more just so you can get all the stuff that's on the disc.