Page 12 of 267 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inferno Out: How to make Inferno stop chewing on the Christmas JTAG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Don't be shitting on Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3 and Saints Row 3.

Ok, how many threes?
    I dunno, they're just not games I like. Generic shooters just don't interest me. I mean those games are good for what they are, but there's no originallity and the each game is like the exact same. In my opinion, anyway.

What do you mean 'threes'?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In this thread:

OPINIONS!

Yup.

/walks out

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    I dunno, they're just not games I like. Generic shooters just don't interest me. I mean those games are good for what they are, but there's no originallity and the each game is like the exact same. In my opinion, anyway.

What do you mean 'threes'?
    Every game I mentioned was #3 in the series.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    BF3 was actually good, and brought new things to the table though. MW3 and GoW3 definitely didn't however.
    I got it, I played it, didn't really like it. I even got the PC version because it's way better and it just doesn't do it for me.

Don't mistake me, it's good for what the game is, probably the best to date, but shooters make me snore louder than anything.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm guessing Deus Ex Human Revolution didn't sell very well either?

Thanks

Every game I mentioned was #3 in the series.
    Uhhhh.... oh yeah! Skyrim sold well. That's a #5!

Thanks
    EP Points

Skyrim would sell well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I mean those games are good for what they are, but there's no originallity and the each game is like the exact same. In my opinion, anyway.
    Speaking as someone who hasn't touched SS or followed it, let me guess the plot:

Link meets up with a chick named Zelda. She ends up in danger of some kind. He gets his hand on a mystic sword, most likely the master sword, then proceeds through a series of elemental temples (at least one will be fire themed, another water themed, and yet one more forest/nature themed, there'll usually be some manner of wind themed temple as well. Barring that, a thief hideout). He then proceeds to acquire a series of macguffins that open the way to the endboss who may or may not be ganon.

How close am I?

But seriously, all games can fall under this category. UMvC is pretty much just a repackage of last year's game with some new characters. Which itself was an incremental upgrade for MvC2. Which was little more than a roster upgrade and a slight engine tweak on MvC. Which was an extention of MSHvSF. Which was an upgrade of XMvsSF. Which was just Children of the Atom with Street Fighter thrown in, which wa-

Yeah, I'm gonna just stop there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    You have it backwards.

It's more like

Canada: Okay, we're going to have this awesome holiday called thanksgiving. There's going to be turkey and pie and shit. It'll be awesome.
    America: Can we come?
    Canada: Get lost, hoser.
    America: FINE! WE'LL GO AND HAVE OUR THANKSGIVING. WHATEVER, I DIDN'T WANT TO BE PART OF YOUR STUPID TURKEY DINNER ANYWAY

And that's the story of American thanksgiving.
    So wait, you're saying this isn't accurate?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I'm guessing Deus Ex Human Revolution didn't sell very well either?
    Not really... didn't even get even pre-orders for a midnight, and I have low expectations for midnights. Get like 20: Midnight.

I might of sold like 30ish for both consoles combined. I think Deus Ex is a game where the internet thinks its really cool, but the majority of people irl don't actually think so.

I thought the story was neat, but the overall gameplay was boring. I would of like it much better if it was just a movie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I was ready to add more HURRRHURRR if it were necessary

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

What about Uncharted 3, Quiji, is it selling well?

Thanks
    EP Points

Not really... didn't even get even pre-orders for a midnight, and I have low expectations for midnights. Get like 20: Midnight.

I might of sold like 30ish for both consoles combined. I think Deus Ex is a game where the internet thinks its really cool, but the majority of people irl don't actually think so.

I thought the story was neat, but the overall gameplay was boring. I would of like it much better if it was just a movie.
    The 20 minutes or so that I played of Human Revolution seemed cool

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Skyrim would sell well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Speaking as someone who hasn't touched SS or followed it, let me guess the plot:

Link meets up with a chick named Zelda. She ends up in danger of some kind. He gets his hand on a mystic sword, most likely the master sword, then proceeds through a series of elemental temples (at least one will be fire themed, another water themed, and yet one more forest/nature themed, there'll usually be some manner of wind themed temple as well. Barring that, a thief hideout). He then proceeds to acquire a series of macguffins that open the way to the endboss who may or may not be ganon.

How close am I?

But seriously, all games can fall under this category. UMvC is pretty much just a repackage of last year's game with some new characters. Which itself was an incremental upgrade for MvC2. Which was little more than a roster upgrade and a slight engine tweak on MvC. Which was an extention of MSHvSF. Which was an upgrade of XMvsSF. Which was just Children of the Atom with Street Fighter thrown in, which wa-

Yeah, I'm gonna just stop there.
    This time around, the plot is actually interesting. Just like how Wind Waker and Twilight Princess breaks from the mold, Skyward sword does even more so. Zelda is like a childhood friend, and eventually goes about going through temples without you and even before you.

And I really hate spoilers, but the game is long and pretty neat. The nemesis in this game (not ganon), completely owns you at some points.

But woah, I would call MvC2 to MvC3 an incremental upgrade. I'm a fan of many fighters, and that time they actually tried to basically change everything. Not like Street Fighter Alpha to Street Fighter Alpha 2, the changes in MvC3 are huge, it's a completely different game. And even the changes of UMvC3 surprised me. Yes, 12 more characters, but they legitimately changed every single character already in the roster in pretty noticeable ways.