Rig:
    windows 7
    processor: 3.3GHz quad core
    Ram: 8gb
    direct x: 11
    graphics: nvidia gtx 560
    SSD

im having so issues with playing the game Valkyrie Profile 2

issue is the game is kinda blury, and the graphics arent really as good as its suppose to be....

also, after the beginning part when i enter the forest everything goes red ~_~

Lastly, this is my first time using this >< so maybe my graphics settings was wrong? ill post a screen of that in a sec

screen shots:
    Entering forest + red stuff
    blurish/poor graphics
    My gs

thanks~

-added gs screenshot
    Last edited by shadow487; 20th-November-2011 at 09:41.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, it could be you chose DirectX 11 for the rendering, that has always been a bit blurry to me.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Yeah, it could be you chose DirectX 11 for the rendering, that has always been a bit blurry to me.
    IIRC it was worse when i picked direct x 9 for rendering otherwise there was no difference

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try the native resolution settings, usually that makes the game more defined. For now, you've got the standard internal resolution. If you check the GS screenshot, you see "Or use scaling: 1x". Change it to 2x, and see if it's better.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using different Interlacing mode(F5) while playing, and enable the Original PS2 Resolution (Native).

As for the red image issue, switch to Software mode while on that area by pressing F9 button.

Also, which version of GSdx plugin you use?

Thanks

Okay after the changes i acidently screwed something up and my "game speed" is like 50% slower, and by "game speed" i mean the character movement, actions, dialogue, cut scenes. Im pretty sure there was an option that concers this but i cant seem to find it , it wasnt this slow before, and its slow on all modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Try the native resolution settings, usually that makes the game more defined. For now, you've got the standard internal resolution. If you check the GS screenshot, you see "Or use scaling: 1x". Change it to 2x, and see if it's better.
    okay changing it to 6x scaling improved it ALOT, but there are still some visible vertical lines

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Try using different Interlacing mode(F5) while playing, and enable the Original PS2 Resolution (Native).

As for the red image issue, switch to Software mode while on that area by pressing F9 button.

Also, which version of GSdx plugin you use?
    GSdx plugin atm is : GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878

version im using is the v0.9.7 full, and then i extracted the v0.9.8 binary into it

Also, when i switch to software mode it makes it look really ugly again ~_~ anyways to make it look betteR? it gets rid of the red stuff though

Thanks~
    Last edited by shadow487; 20th-November-2011 at 19:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

Your GSdx version is outdated, update to the latest SVN and enable MTVU hack under Speedhacks setting.

Vertical lines will appear if you're using Interlacing mode other than Blend bff(as well Bob tff), and red fog glitch can only be fixed by using Software mode,
    but if it produce an ugly graphic instead(which doesn't happen to me), then switch between both renderers while playing.

Thanks

Everything seems to work fine at first but now I start losing audio at the beginning of the cutscenes?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tran01hai View Post
    Everything seems to work fine at first but now I start losing audio at the beginning of the cutscenes?
    I would suggest you start your own thread instead of posting in one that's 3 years old.