Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you think is the cause of the dying anime market

Thanks

Default what do you think is the cause of the dying anime market

despit its major apeal in many major areas in the us we seem to have a major problem and that is the otaku market in america is dieing. could it be the over saturation of naruto and bleach, -not knocking just saying american dubed thats out there is kinda suckish-, or could it be the ever raising prices which get harder and harder to afford, or maybe a lack of exposer in the main stream media. well i for one want to know what you all think or maybe its just me who thinks this way. so post your ideas so we can discuse it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because most anime sucks, and companies decide to pick the worst and localize it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Because most anime sucks, and companies decide to pick the worst and localize it.
    Don't think most anime suck (though there are some shitty ones), but true, companies tend to only localize the most (shitty) mainstream ones.

How about something that isn't Bleach'd and Narutarded for a change

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

yeah the problem like you said is all bleach and naruto and sadly dragon ball z i mean it was good but let a dead dog lay. i had high hopes for high school of the dead to bring a few new fans but sadly it just lead to more bleach watchers. i live in a small town and all we have is one store that sells anime -no i don't count wal mart thats my choice- and its fye and we have 4 shelves 2 which are only naruto , bleach, and dragon ball z. with so many good animes being let out like 11 eyes and durarara why can't we get a anime comp. to get more out like that><

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because a lot of anime sucks now, and the high prices.

I'd be well interested in purchasing if prices were better. Though a lot of dvd sets can be found for quite cheap now (which is great for people that want them) the starting prices are still really high and I'll never pay it which means I'm not buying new.

Another problem is that they never localized LOGH.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Funimation is actually doing pretty well, as far as I can tell.

More to the topic, fan subs.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Fan subs aint the reason, its localizing shitty anime and insanely high prices that no one can afford.

also cant forget low printing runs, quite a few good anime i wanted to pick up and they are insanely high because of low print runs.

i bet if they reprint alot of good oldies at affordable prices itil get it going again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by fattyotaku View Post
    despit its major apeal in many major areas in the us we seem to have a major problem and that is the otaku market in america is dieing. could it be the over saturation of naruto and bleach, -not knocking just saying american dubed thats out there is kinda suckish-, or could it be the ever raising prices which get harder and harder to afford, or maybe a lack of exposer in the main stream media. well i for one want to know what you all think or maybe its just me who thinks this way. so post your ideas so we can discuse it.
    No worse than the Japanese. I'm aware there are some poor dubs out there, just not as many as a lot of people think.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Annoying Japanese voices? Yes please!

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    indeed, only ONE animes english dub was superior to the japanese dub and thats DOMINION TANK POLICE.

really fit the characters adn they actually put effort into their roles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Annoying voices in any language, to be sure. Too much Nippon praise when it comes to voice acting though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Funimation is actually doing pretty well, as far as I can tell.

More to the topic, fan subs.
    fan subs are kind of a double edged sword to me they can help or hinder i found some good animes that way that lead to me buying the main release so we have to look at it that way it shows the comps. animes we are intrested in.
    also about the voice acting i would say it is a problem in all areas i can only here the same few people in a 100 anims before i just mute and but dubs on

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Price gauging and increase in pirating.

Fuck Aniplex, expecting me to buy a 12 episode series in volumes at the total cost of about 120 bucks. Funimation boxsets are cool, though.

Thanks

OVERsaturation. 30 or so years ago, anime was cutting-edge and mysterious, now its so commonplace and churned-out, its like air....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    OVERsaturation. 30 or so years ago, anime was cutting-edge and mysterious, now its so commonplace and churned-out, its like air....
    Geneon went out because of this. You have to have quality above quantity, or at least what sells. Funimation has this down, going for the ecchi anime that sadly do sell, the big name stuff and several gems to satisfy their more hardcore fanbase. It's a shame they pass stuff like Railgun as a result, but it keeps them in business, which is overall good for everyone who bus anime legally.